PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh MY kar1963, I didn't know you had a MUA. :friends: Sorry I missed your recovery Lalaland period. :egypdance: That was a day before my birthday and right in the midst of my Human Resource drama. Hope it loosened up things for you, and you are not in too much pain.:beg: I know you were concerned about you ROM. Take your time weaning off your meds. Even though I still have pain, I literally got tired of taking Hydro. Probably because I've been on them and Oxy off and on for 5 months. I really didn't recognize how much Hydro did for pain till I stopped taking it. lol But I got tired of the fog head and I knew I was returning to work and I needed it out of my system. It's not gone yet, but I'm getting there. I didn't want to go back to class telling kids that 1+1=A :rotfl:

Now I'm focused on how to cook Thanksgiving dinner without needing an IV Morphine drip the next day. :groan: I tell you standing is my worse (self-inflicted) enemy. Weights during p/t is Public Enemy No 1. :gaah: I have p/t on Monday and I pray that I don't feel like a "Brick House" the next day. I wouldn't mind looking like a Brick House :wink: , but It takes days to recover from weights and my p/t is gentle for the most part. Oh well, one more session before I go back to work, then I'm playing Hookie. :heehee:
 
Well you've brightened our day again Bionic woma2. Both myself and my husband thought your link to the funny TV quiz answers were hilarious. Ironically, the turkey one was something we had actually seen and couldn't stop laughing at the time and I still find it funny even though i know what he is going to say.
The other funny thing is the haircuts and clothes - many of which I remember well!!:rotfl:
 
You guys are gonna be so proud of me!

I was lying in my bed last night fighting knee pain, and trying to get comfortable when the thought of Monday's p/t session rolled through my head. :scary: The feeling of the dreaded morning after and the 3-4 day post-weights recovery period was really starting to worry me, since I have Thanksgiving cooking coming up and I go back to work the following week. It was then when I realized that my 5 month old knee had gone backwards, and was more painful than it had been before I began the leg press machine. :groan: Hmmm :umm: I know it's not entirely the weights, as I have been doing more lately and snuck in a couple of dance sessions, :egypdance: :headbang: :sos: but I tell you the weights ALWAYS give my the BRICK KNEE feeling. Dancing just brings the regular stiff knee and swelling, that's easily alleviated with ice and elevation. The brick knees only come with weights and my knees also become very dark. :scare: I just finally found a better way to describe it. It feels like I have a large bottle cap clamped over my knee cap. It's not the tight band feeling, but something similar and more painful.

ANYWAY, I decided that I wasn't going on Monday, or any other day for that matter until my knees are healed enough to handle weights. All of the other exercises I can do at home and to be honest, I don't know how many of them I'm going to be able to get through daily when I return to work. :thud: The exercise that gives me the most pain afterwards is the quad stretch, so I'm thinking I may save them for after work and limit the number of reps.

The bottom-line is I realized that my physical therapist can't make me come in and I'm in control of what I allow someone to make me do. I know if I go I won't be able to talk him out of the weights. He lowered it the last time, but these guys have their routines and my opinion and experience is not a part of it. So I took charge of my body and pocketbook, since I pay $25 every time I go. I called and left a message today. Okay, so I chickened out and did voicemail but heyyyy... I did it right! :rotfl: My appt is tomorrow, so that should suffice for a 24 hour notice. HOWEVER, I will HAPPILY pay a cancellation fee if it means preserving my knees for my return to work. I will need to be "the best me possible" since kindergarten is ALL HANDS ON DECK! :happydance:

Feeling proud of myself for standing up with the Bonesmart mantra. :egypdance:
 
Well done, as I say I don't even know what weights look like, I've never seen them in the physio dept. What are quad stretches? My exercises have been neglected but my knee is fine, you'll have plenty of exercise in the school room :)
I bet you're looking forward to Christmas in school, and no baking for your unfriendly coworkers.
Dabs.
 
Good job and a smart move. I find I have no energy after working to do much of any exercises, some bike riding on Sun but Sat is tied up with groceries and laundry and recovering from work and I do not even have to deal with kindergardeners. One must be kind to oneself and the knees - they are demanding.

Have a happy and hopefully minimally painful Thanksgiving. :flwrysmile:
 
Can't wait Sue. My friend and teacher that I work with just stopped by. We will have the substitute in the room w/us for a week so the kids and I can adjust. I'll be so happy to be back, I'll bring treats for everyone. :umm: Well not really. Lol I would if I could. :tada:

Quad exercises stretch the muscle in the front of your thigh. I do mine by putting my foot in a chair and leaning backward till I feel the stretch. He said they're the most important of my stretches, but they have to be done once I've loosened up or OUCH! They require icing afterwards, so they are not a before work exercise. :groan:

Right now, I'm focused on starting completing my grocery shopping and starting cooking for Thanksgiving... getting excited. :happydance: Don 't wanna go ODIC though.

Sue, what are you doing as far Thanksgiving goes. Is your husband going to do everything, or will your kids pitch in? I remember your daughter made a unique meal once, hubby my have a traditional meal in mind. Wait... :umm: Do you guys even celebrate Thanksgiving? :scratch:

I'm about to put my sweet potatoes in the oven and make my pie filling today. My Giants (football team) play today and it comes on FREE TV. YIPPEE :happydance: :egypdance: so I going to watch the game as well. Debating on whether or not to wait on the potatoes and just enjoy the game. Once I bake the potatoes I have to quickly make the filling, so I my save it till tomorrow. I was supposed to go to a sportsbar and watch it, but that plan fell through.I'm okay with that though since I can use I day of relaxation before the baking marathon begins. :dancy: I love it though, this is a good pain. :egypdance: Gonna throw in a little information :martini: for good measure!
 
Thanks leejaa, I don't know WHAT I was thinking. I really don't NEED to do something that causes pain and brings about NO progress. I'm sure there must be a logic to weights besides the "everybody's doing it." But I decided that if there's "No Progress, then there's No Purpose!" Oh, and if it sets me back, it's NOT a good thing. So all the "Are you doing physical therapy " people can dial that WAY down. :rotfl:
My slogan for that is.... "Till it's YOU, you really don't know what to do."
 
:bow: :bow: I applaud your decision about no more P.T, you "Rock" the Bone Smart "Mantra", so proud
Of you! :yay:
Have a great Sunday !!!!! I have to wait till 8:30 to watch my game :yikes:
Love Peyton Manning....Hate Tom Brady & Patriots....It hard living around here ( Boston) & hating the
Patriots....But I do.
Don't forget my WALNUTS for my stuffing......Thanks your a doll.
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
We lost to the Cowboys again! THAT'S getting OLD! I'm beginning to HATE "America's team." lol

About p/t I feel liberated and wonder why I took so long to make the decision. I guess it's like weaning off of meds, you just know when it's right. I know I need much more work in the building strength department, but I will come up with a routine comprised of all the p/t programs I've had, only I will know when to push and when to stop. I've got to let my knee heal first before I slap some weights on it, or at decrease the amount to something that doesn't leave me in need of a walker the next day.

D'Diana, how are those warriors doing? Are any of them free tonight? I need some walnuts cracked for my stuffing. :rotfl:
 
Dear M.T.M,
I have 1 warrior available for your pleasure :dancy: The others are busy helping me get ready for Thanksgiving :blush:
His name is Idealious...He has the strongest thighs out of the bunch :whistle:
I want to wish you & your young men a "HAPPY THANKSGIVING".....a time to enjoy family & friends :friends:
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
Did you pick me up any "WALNUTS" ? ( you didn't mention if you did or not) :shrug:
 
Good for you taking control of your rehab.. you are zena warrior princess.... i liked the bottle cap description it is what i feel but have not been able to articulate to my therapist.

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family and good luck on your first day back
 
Wow a lot happened since I've been gone. And I haven't gone anywhere. I wish I could dance like I used to I would give a good funny lap dance. But my new knee doesn't believe in that. I'm glad you had a fun birthday. As for the HR person. What a joke she is. I hope she gets a talking to..... Well I have 2 days til thanksgiving with 30 people coming over and my husband decide to gut the bathroom. He's assured me it will be ready but I'm losing hope. My daughter decided that her marriage is over and has moved in with my grandson whom I love but it's not a quiet house anymore. Lord grant me the patience, and I need it now. Happy thanksgiving everyone.
 
new knee in June, thanks I will take you up on your offer. I am QUITE READY for "Idealist" to bring his mighty thigh cracking self on over here. :rotfl: For the walnut cracking for my stuffing, of course. :wink: kar1963, glad I can help with the description. lol Ouch! My knees are on the rampage, but I'm glad I decided to end p/t hey're better. I just can't do weights yet and I know he wouldn't take them out of my program. danceragainsoon, we WILL be able to give a "mean" Lap dance one day. :beg:lol I put that in my contract before I signed for the surgery. :rofsign:

I gotta run, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Thankfully I don't have 30 people coming, although it's gonna feel like it. I'm having a bigger celebration this year, as I have a greater reason to be thankful. You'll see why in my next post.... NO! I didn't have a baby! :rotfl: :loll:But I did get to keep my baby. :angel:

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving everyone. :cheers: :egypdance: :martini: :cheers2: Oops, this guy :cheers2:is reserved for New years. lol
 
Thanksgiving came early! On Monday morning my oldest son called me before the sun came up to tell me that his car was totaled. I jumped my Un-iced, non stretched, tree trunk leg self out the bed and did the "March of the Wooden Soldiers" over to see my baby. Below is a picture of his car
[Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

HE WALKED AWAY!!!!!!! Every time I say that, I let out a shout of praise! God is so awesome and I KNOW BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that He protected my baby that day. :yes!:

Even the people in the vehicle that caused the accident walked away as well. Praise God. I see so many accidents and hear so many stories on the news about young people who died or were seriously injured in a car accident. All I can be is THANKFUL that I will have my son with me this Thanksgiving and we are having the BIGGEST FEAST EVERRRRRR! "Kill the Fatted Calf!" We are calling him "The Golden Child." My youngest thinks it's getting a little old.:skep: lol

I have a lot to do, so I'm getting off of here. I loss a day of prep with the accident, but I was happy to TAKE him to the Emergency Room, rather than have the police call me to come to the ER! Thank God! :angel:

Another good thing that came out of this, is that I found out I can actually wake up late and jump out of my bed and run to work. :bicycle2: I may look like the Tin Man meets Whistler's Great-Grandmother, but I can do it. :heehee: I was out for 10 hours straight, and I only had about 10 minutes of ice and no exercise beforehand. So needless to say, my knees are on the warpath and I've got lots to do before tomorrow's feast but I'm happy to do it! My son is ALIVE! Knees are second to that! :cheers:
 
The impact was so intense that the cars spun around and crashed in the back left-hand side as well. Then they dispersed in opposite directions off the street. He also loss consciousness from the airbags. God is good!

[Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete! [Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKFUL!
Yes, he's bruised and a little banged up, so HE'LL need physical therapy. lol I'm thinking Chiropractor. He's young and strong, so he'll bounce back. Right now he's doing a lot of sleeping from the meds and the ordeal. His glasses were demolished in the crash. but I'm glad he was wearing them rather than contacts.

Okay, I need to get in the kitchen.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. :flwrysmile:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!
    kays wreck4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 149
No talking about Warriors Today.......
Oh, my Gosh..That is quite the accident, your son has an :angel: watching over him. I am so happy
He is O.K.
We truly can be thankful this year for all the blessing bestowed upon us !!!!!!! :)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Wow, lots to be thankful for in your family. I'll keep you all in my prayers. :angel: Makes everything else seem so unimportant when something like this happens. I wish continued healing for all of you. :flwrysmile:
 
Wowzer thank god your son is ok and so is the person that caused it. Son of bionic i am thankfull that you are ok.
 
Wow what an accident and I am glad no one was hurt. Wishing you and your family a blessed thanksgiving. It does put things in perspective.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Golly gosh that was some smash - these sons don't do things by halves do they? So glad that he is alright though. It puts everything into perspective doesn't it?
Have a wonderful Thanks giving - you have so much to be thankful for.
Big hugs
Speedy2
:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom