PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bionic woman2. I have a great idea go into work with a baby doll in one of those body carriers. Ask the hr lady what room is daycare in and where can you pump lol.... i asked my hr dept if i could use our lactation lounge in case i need to put my leg up and i as told no so i said ok i will just lay across my desk
 
Hi Bionic woman2, just popping by to see how you are? Sounds like you have been having a ball. I had to go back through the messages before I realized you weren't to be a new proud mum:rotfl:
This takes incompetency to a whole new level.
I will be thinking of you on the 2nd - this is when I also return to work. Big day for both of us!
Big hugs
:flwrysmile:
 
Hahahaha, thanks ladies. Thank GOD I won't be needing a nursing room. :rotfl: I may need an "information" room! :martini:

My next quest is to get my OS to switch my meds to something less La-la-ish. :egypdance: I'm an educator and unable to "teach" on narcotics. Lol Of course I wouldn't take them while working. I'm down to 1-2 a day and my p/t recommended using Advil for inflammation. My goal is to get them OUT OF MY SYSTEM before Dec.2nd. I can take Tramadol and function, but Hydro's gotta go! :rolleyes: I can almost do without it, but if I do anything that stresses the knees.... Like walking :skep: , standing, p/t, need I go on. :umm: Since I won't have my trusty ICE ICE BABY machine with me, I'm gonna need something! WE'RE TALKIN KINDERGARTEN! :happydance: :dancy: :happydance: :scary:

I just remembered that I need to bring ice packs to work. I may need to buy a couple of extra ones to leave there in the freezer. I tried the homemade ones and "2 thumbs down" for leaving the house with them. :no-fin: Mine LEAK and the last thing I need is Lactating knees. :yikes: Lol

Oh well, this time 2 weeks from now, I will be standing on my feet for 45 minutes, doing "lunch duty!" Maybe I'll strap on my ice packs and go with a ill' Robocop meets Lunch lady. :heehee:

God help me! :scare:

Hope you guys are having a Kneeeasy day! :flwrysmile:
 
Wow, you are doing well with your 2 new babies, did you tell the INHUMANE UNRESOURCEFUL Dept you had 2 new babies, not quite twins but born 3 months apart :giggle:

I hope you can get back to school, sit on a normal size chair not a baby chair and then you'll be good for the Christmas break full of the spirit of the festive season and hopefully cake and turkey!

Sue.:martini:
 
Wow, you are doing well with your 2 new babies, did you tell the INHUMANE UNRESOURCEFUL Dept you had 2 new babies, not quite twins but born 3 months apart
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl: Thank God for mistakes. I would KILL myself if I had ONE baby inside of me. :rofsign:
Funny thing is my Gyn said the results from my ultrasound showed 2 fibroids, both the size of an orange or a 3 1/2 month old baby. So I can either open a fruit-stand or have twins! :loll:Maybe that's what the HR lady was picking up on :skep: ...Yeah right!

Today, I was so tired I couldn't stop hitting my snooze button, so I rescheduled my P/T. I had something to do everyday for the past few days so I guess it caught up to me. Plus, I feel sluggish after all my "procedures." Thank God for a clean bill of health :yes!: , now to get back on track. :bicycle2:

Going to bed early tonight.:zzz: I gotta start getting up early. :scary: No thanks! :mcoffee:
 
Hi BionicWoman2
I know exactly what you mean about getting used to getting up early. I've been doing some trial runs hoping it will make it easier...
Hope you're well and had a good nights sleep:sleep:
 
Well guys. reality is setting in and it's almost "that time." :scary: I wish I could say that I was totally healed and ready to run circles around my kindergarten class, :happydance:but... NOT! I woke up at 3 am the other night to throbbing knees. I was on Alleve and it DID NOT "Alleve" anything. I've been weaning myself off of Hydrocodone (since I need a clear head to teach :rolleyes: ) and using OTC stuff w/a Tramadol sprinkled in.

The reason for the sprinkling is that I'm waiting on my OS to refill it. I called on Wednesday for a refill and had to callback this morning and leave another message to finally get a callback. His nurse was like, "Dr ______ approved 30 Tramadol for you because he wants you to start weaning off if it." I was like, I'm not even on it. She said, that it's one of the meds on my list (like I magically get a refill because "it is written.") I told her that I just weaned myself off of Hydrocodone with the hopes of getting a script for Tramadol. So 30 pills once I return to work aren't going to last long and considering that that's a week out, even at 2 a day... that's only a two weeks supply. I can't go back to work and expect the same pain level I have now. She then tried to tell me that I should be able to "get use to" and adapt to the routine just like I do with physical therapy :skep: and need less medicine, OH and I should use ice, etc. Duh! :doh: I this point I decided that I'M TIRED OF BEING MR. NICE GUY :gaah: and interrupted her speal. It probably didn't help that I have been dealing with Tmobile over problems with my replacement phone and I had been calling about that all morning. I'm just tired of being understanding and polite when I have problems with a product or service. Today was the day to voice my displeasure and I actually got a free upgrade from Tmobile behind it. :yes!:

Guess I was feeling lucky, and or still aggravated when I told the nurse that "until you had your knees replaced" you don't really know what to expect. :hissy: She's new, but I didn't care because she was trying to talk down to me with all the information I already knew and pull the wool over my eyes with the "textbook stuff." :no-fin: I said that I KNOW for sure that my pain level is going to increase when I go back into a class with kindergartners, sit in tiny chairs and GO for 8 hours straight WITHOUT ice. She said I could substitute over the counter meds like Tylenol (Duh, again) and that Tramadol still has similar side effects. I told that I have worked with Tram in the past and it just gives me a calm feeling. I didn't tell her that they're my Jazz meds. :egypdance: lol

When I asked her about anti-inflammatory meds she asked was I back on Meloxicam because that's one of the medicines "on my list." I told her NO because I was taking that for arthritic pain and THAT was the reason I had surgery. I DON'T WANT TO BE ON ANY DRUGS, but I KNOW that I will need something more than OTC when I return to work and besides I haven't been given any information on HOW to substitute them with my prescription meds. Of course I have Bonesmart... THANK GOD, but they don't know that. If I had to make a complaint about my OS it would be that they didn't give me enough info on transitioning/weaning off medication after surgery. I did this on my own, for all they know I'm still taking 1-2 Hydro every 4-6 hours like the bottle says. lol Their idea of weaning is just not refilling your prescriptions or surprise half-doses.

I'm glad I had enough sense to start weaning off of it, which was AWFUL by the way but necessary. I basically got tired of taking drugs. :tada: However, there's this extreme fatigue that comes withdrawal and of course pain. You can't figure out why you're so tired and then you remember withdrawal symptoms. :doh: The pain comes to remind you to TAKE SOMETHING and having a limited stash of Tramadol led to the Rude Awakening the other night.

Anyway, I didn't do a complete rant on the phone but I let her know that I would be needing another refill soon. I told her to let my OS now that. I mean really, this is my first refill for Tramadol, HOW DARE YOU CUT IT IN HALF as I'm about to RETURN TO WORK 2 weeks shy of the "normal" 12 week recovery period. :gaah:

Okay that's enough gripping for today. :umm:

Anybody have any advice on good/quick exercises to do in the morning BEFORE I head into work. I don't want to go in feeling like I just had p/t, nor do I wanna enter the building like the Tin Man murmuring "oil can." :groan:


I plan on doing 10 mins or so on the stationary bike, a few heel sides and maybe an easy quad and hamstring stretch... anything else???? :shrug:
 
Oh, I had a NIGHTMARE last night about returning to work. :scary: When I got back there were 3 women sharing this tiny room and one of the them took over my desk and I didn't have a chair. :scare: I had returned to work the day before and set up my desk and was coming in with file folders to get organized. Ha! I should've known that was a dream. Larry King was there interviewing me. :shrug: I stood around for hours and realized when it was time for my lunch duty (the part of the day where I WILL have to STAND) that they never brought me chair. lol

I think the dream stemmed for the fact that the woman substituting for me now will be in the class for one week w/us when I return. It's a good thing but I wonder if we'll be tripping over each other and where I'm gonna be stationed. Plus, I want to sterilize my personal space/desk without being offensive to the woman who's been using it. Bottom-line is I CAN'T GET SICK, so be offended... but "be it over there" away from my desk! :rotfl: The kids are already carrying all kinds of germs and my coworker has just been diagnosed with Pneumonia! BRAVO!:skep: I had that last year.... NO PICNIC. It comes when you do too much and ignore all the signs. I just told her when she was contemplating taking the days off to remember what happened to me. Well, now she has firsthand experience. :cry: She said that It's not as bad as mine but she sounds bad and I feel for her. :console2: It's a good and bad thing that we have a break coming up, she can rest and recover, but what a way to spend a break. The same thing happened to me, I missed a 3 day and a 4 day weekend. :tantrum:

One thing's for sure.... I'm getting my flu shot before I return for sure! :yes!:
 
Dearest M.T. M,
I am here to talk to you in my " Adult" capacity :rotfl: First of all, I have never met anyone with so many
Incompetent people around them :scratch: You must feel like you are :headbang: all day long. I hope you get your meds
Straightened out :)
2nd....Don't forget about the "energy drain" bring some healthy snacks with protein, yogurt, cheese & crackers etc.
3 rd. Don't sit in a tiny chair :no-fin: use an adult chair.
4 th....you have to be able to ice during the day, I sometimes used an iced coffee on my knee ( worked very well )
5 th....you will be tired when you come home, get some meals in the freezer :)
Your exercises seem A.O.K
6 th.......have your darling children help you, possibly a game of " Who can pile the most ice packs on the teacher?" :rotfl:
You will be fine & if need be take a day off ( like D.S did )
Have a wonderful THANKSGIVING.....I'm making WALNUT STUFFING.....Did you get me any WALNUTS ? :loll:
I crack myself up..
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Guess I was feeling lucky, and or still aggravated when I told the nurse that "until you had your knees replaced" you don't really know what to expect.
Oh how true this is! I think I'm going to get all my clothes with this printed on - (now there should be a laughing icon here but surprise surprise, they're not working again!ahhhhhhhhhhhh)
I would be interested to hear about what exercises to do to as this is also concerning me as I know when I don't do them I just seize up - I look more like tin man than tin man! Not a good look when you're trying to blend into the background.
I've just heard that many of my colleagues have dreadful coughs, cold and throat infections - yippee. Do you think they'll notice if I wear a gown and mask with a bottle of detox at the ready? I cant get ill either so know where you're coming from. Ironically prior to this I was the one who was never ill. However, I had a cold a few weeks ago and hadn't even been in direct contact with anyone who was ill so what chance is there walking straight into it?
We need to win that lottery Bionic woman2!!!!!!!!
Perhaps we should take a bottle of information with us - medicinal reasons of course!
I'll be checking in to see if you have had any recommendations. My thread seems to have done a dying duck act.
Have a great weekend.
Speedy2
 
lol D'Diana@new knee in June. I'll be doing lots of grocery shopping over the next few days, so I'll keep an eye out for your walnuts. SILLY! :happydance: Thanks for the advice. I did plan on icing during my break, but that's mid-day. I was just ticked that the nurse was trying to tell me that icing up real good when I get home would take the place of medicine during the day. Apparently she doesn't now how long the ice feeling last, or more importantly how quickly it goes away once you start moving.

speedy2, I'm gonna print the "until you've had knee surgery" slogan on my CDC suit. :rotfl: I'm also contemplating sending out a staff email with a, "How I'm doing?" response. So not looking forward to repeating myself and "being interviewed." AS IF! I mean I've been gone 4 months, so if anyone really wanted to know "How I was doing" they would've dropped me a line. :tada: I've grown a lot through this experience and one thing I've learned is that "care" is a verb! Not being offended at all by the lack of it, just don't want to deal with folks who want to make up for lost time and catch up on my recovery in the hallway with my class, or on my limited break. That break by the way will be used for an Ice Ice Baby session, while stuffing my face. There won't be any time for impromptu interviews or "advice." :umm: Who knows, maybe they won't even notice I'm back. :beg: lol Yeah right, who can miss this? :happydance: :egypdance: :yay::spin: :dancy: :rotfl: :loll:Think I better start working on that email. :rofsign:

Btw Speedy, sorry your smiley guys are on strike again, here.... :loll: :heehee: :happydance: :egypdance: You can borrow these guys. Oh, and I use to be the one who was rarely sick until I got pneumonia. Guess I was making up for all the colds I missed. :groan:

Today is FRIDAY and I decree that it is officially, Swap your Medication for Information Weekend! :martini: :martini: Considering that I haven't been using much, I should be able to transition quite nicely. :cheers:

Hear Hear! :cheers2:
 
Even 5 minutes on the bike and some heel slides can help you loosen up before you go to work. That and a little stretching is what I did.
 
Thanks Kneeper. I'm figuring it's gonna be enough for me to GET UP! :rotfl: I'm not going to have time for a Jane Fonda work out if I want to get to work on time. :tada:
 
Does anyone have an extra depends ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :loll: :loll: :rofsign: :rofsign:
I love the one about the turkey.......classic !!!!!!!!'
Thanks for the laugh... :martini:
 
A couple of my favorites are "Four years a decade" and "Alligator!" :rofsign:
 
GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING ALL! Bout to run :umm: (yuk yuk) out and get a Flu shot before I return to work with all the germ carrying kids AND adults! Teachers are the worst, they're "Nobody does it better" complex prevents them from taking days off who they really need to. They end up making others sick and themselves sicker. Trust me, I know.... Had walking pneumonia this past February. That didn't stop me from filling cupcake orders, baking specialty cupcakes for a rewards program at school and organizing a rap performance with 5th grade.

Yep, el Stupido grabbed the mic, worked the crowd and lost her voice.... Only to find out the next day that SHE HAD PNEUMONIA! :tada: :headbang: :rofsign: Ask me if I'll do THAT again. :no-fin: Um, HELL NAW! Not looking forward to an infection, so I will be calling in at the slightest chance that I may have something. :yes: Someone else will have to grab the baton, this girl is gonna be sissy teacher this year. :heehee:

Okay, I better run... :bicycle2:

Oh, remind me to tell you about another "miracle recovery" someone decided to share with me yesterday. :skep:
 
Uggg my friend you have been through it and back again. I liked the idea of stack the ice packs on the teach game.
I weaned myself off the hydrocodone but fell off the wagon after the mua so now i am weaning again. I think this time i will use Aleve .... i am off a few more weeks so it will be four months and i think after i get back i am going to get the ole heave ho........ ahhhh well cant control that........ i need to get into some Christmas spirt
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom