PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up (3 or 4 different times. but who's counting? :shrug:) from my first night of sleeping without my KNEE IMMOBILIZER and NO Teds at night! Woo Hoo! :yay: Feeling almost normal leejaa, that's if you don't count the tree trunk leg feeling... but we're not counting rememberrrrrrrr! :umm:

AND my Aussie buddy Knee pain is back on line! :egypdance: What a GREAT MORNING! This calls for a CELEBRATION!
:egypdance::egypdance::happydance::happydance::yay::yay::martini::martini::martini::martini::beer::beer::cheers::cheers::cheers2::cheers2::rotfl::loll::rofsign:
 
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! RestAssured, seriously (yeah right!:skep:) I am in my bed LOL :rotfl::loll:I'm talking BELLY laughing. Just came off of daughter stalker's thread. My son's probably thinking, who kidnapped his aching mother. Then, I realized that I hadn't taken my meds yet. My leg is stiff and it hurts a little but I'm not moaning and groaning. I didn't have to PEEL myself out of the bed like a CARTOON today, so I'm feeling great and laughter is GOOD for the soul like medicine. Amen:angel:

Seeeeeeeeeeeee, I can be serious... the question is, FOR HOW LONG?
 
Re-post Pink​

*********Daughter Stalker STOP READING, and GO put on your Depends first!********

JDonovan said: ↑
My surgeon swears up and down I will be back to work by the 2 week mark.​
:rotfl::rotfl::loll::loll::rofsign: Um, :umm:Yeah! He needs to PUT THE PIPE DOWN! Tell him, he can go back to work in two weeks when he has his knee done and send his crackhead behind:gaah::gaah: to Bonesmart.org :hissy::hissy:

:umm: Well... maybe not now that I just went all Mel Gibson on him, :sorry: but you get my point. Shaking my head at clueless professionals....KNOW YOUR D@%@ BUSINESS! Mercy me! :blush: Where did that come from? :giggle:

Seriously, I'm 2 weeks out and although I'm having a good recovery so far, I can't imagine sitting for and extended period of time, not to mention the lightheaded-ness. I can barely stand friends to visit me for more than an hour, and I crawl back to my bed after they leave.


Oh and :skep:... What's that? Did somebody say Narcotics? :scratch: Won't you still be ON DRUGS!? :rofsign:That's gonna be some radio program, what station??? PLEASE let me know when you're gonna be on. :rotfl: I hope I can pick it down here:beg:, make sure you reference your OS on the air... I AM LITERALLY :loll: Oh, and plus you have to drive! Wow! 2 weeks huh? Read the back of a prescription bottle lately buddy! :skep: Yep, he is definitely on some good stuff though. @JDonovan, TRY and get a prescription for THAT when you have your surgery. :rotfl:

Speaking of Meds, I haven't had mine yet. I better get up, grab something to eat and take them now. :mcoffee:Coffee would be good too!

Yep @daughter stalker, party on your page!:yahoo:But this is definitely a Re-post Pink number.​
 
Good morning B.W 2,
I seem to have picked up 6 lbs. of flab from somewhere :skep: are you missing any because you can have it back :beg:
I wish I never stepped on that scale last night :boohoo: oh, well, off to the gym today with my 24 yr.old daughter
This makes me feel old......glad you got rid of your immobilizer & stockings :happydance: you should be able
To "boogie" much easier now :egypdance:
Diana...leader of the " June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Chunky queen of the Mighty,Mighty....WARRIORS :bow:
 
Okay, I'm starting something on my thread called, Throwback Thursday. It's popular on Facebook, but since Bonesmart is now my new Facebook, I'll do it here. I wanted to do it last week, but the man at the Fun-house wouldn't let off the Emotional Roller Coaster Breakdown Ride, so here we are. :umm:

Throwback Thursday!​

I had Partial Knee Replacement on my right knee 5 weeks ago. I'm healing slowly but surely. At least that's what the "they people" say. I say it too sometimes and there are the times I just wanna know, when will I wake up without feeling like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day w/a double feature of The Wizard of Oz, w/the Tin Man screaming "Oil Can!" I have good days and bad days. Although for the most part they're good, they all start the same. I feel like I have a tree trunk for a leg when I wake up? Is that normal?

This was my first post. :cry:Ok, I was not expecting that... this was supposed to be FUN! Stop it emotions. :no-fin: OK. I just went back to the beginning of my first knee surgery and all lovely things that come with it; one of which was the isolation. I started thinking about how lonely and depressed I was at times before one of my friends stepped in AND I found Bonesmart. Yes, I did ALL THAT after typing those 5 words at the beginning of this paragraph. They don't call me Multitasking Mama for nothing... wait, they call me something else but that's not what this post is about, stay focused people!!!!

Anyway, I remember thinking WHEN WILL GROUNDHOG DAY BE OVER! It was in reference to the movie Groundhog Day, as it seemed every morning I woke up to the same thing! Wellllllllllll, I am HAPPY TO SAY :cry:(stop) I said, I am happy to say that Groundhog day is over. :boohoo:Happy tears.:cry:Yes, my RKR is still a little stiff, especially in the morning, but I can throw it off the side of the bed and it loosens up. It can go without ice first thing in the morning and I can bend it without having to do 8 million "heel-slides." :cry::bow: For this I am truly thankful. I shall now change the title to Throwback Thursday Thankfulness. Thankful Throwback Thursdays, it's a work in progress, but you get the point.

Since my first post, I have experienced the joy and pain of knee replacement. I have truly grown in my understanding of what is needed for a successful and smooth as possible recovery, thanks to this site, you guys and mainly Josephine.:no-fin: Who came at me both guns blazing immediately after my first post. I was like gee she sure is sharp!:umm:"Hello to you too!" :skep: However, had it not been for the sternness of her tone it may have taken my longer to catch hold to the Bonesmart manta and I was already 5 weeks out. So to this I say, THANK YOU,:bow: THANK YOU :cheers2: AND THANK YOU :angel:Josephine.

After her post Roy Gardiner came along to soften the blow and I knew I had found a safe place to recover. :console2:Along the way I have met many people who have made my recovery easier and some made it even fun! You know who you are and if I start naming folks on Oxy somebody will be left out and I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings at such a monumental moment for me. :cheers2:

This site is like being addicted to crack! NOT that I know ANYTHING about that. :skep: :rotfl: I say, it's like Online Dating without the heartache and disappointment. :yes: Now THAT's something, I know a thing or two about. :yikes: :sos: :headbang: :scratch: :loll: But that's another forum. :heehee:

As far as this one goes, I am happy to be here!

Oh, to answer anyone's question as to whether or not it's normal to have a Tree Trunk for a leg when you wake up, :umm:Um... YES, but it eventually does go away and one day you'll wake up feeling normal. Today I woke up feeling improved and I'll take it!

So, that's Throwback Thankful Thursday post, WATCH OUT! I may be coming to a thread near you. :egypdance:

Hope everyone has a Kneeeasy Day :flwrysmile:
 
I seem to have picked up 6 lbs. of flab from somewhere are you missing any because you can have it back
Um,:umm: No! D'Diana, ALL my flab is in place and WILL be there until I can get to the gym and ZUMBA! :egypdance: Check with daughter stalker. :rotfl: Oh, and Knee pain has been busy with the move and everything, maybe she lost it. :shrug:
 
My "Boys to Men" in the dreaded Knee Immobilizer. RestAssured, I've found another use, I torture device! :yes:
I wanted them to sleep in it, but they didn't last five minutes! :skep: They broke out my crutches and got the walker, so it was hilarious. They get it honest. :rotfl:
[Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!
 
Well, I had a throwback day too, only it was teaching Junior High again today! I loved it! Taught 3 straight classes, never sitting always moving,"like a tigeress" on the prowl, and loved every moment! :happydance:

By the way, new knee in June or as I fondly refer to as stick person with big head :rotfl: and BionicWoman2,

There is a limit on the number of emoticons you can use before I oops, I meant we start charging you! :whistle: :rotfl:
 
I was wondering about that. I may need to cut back, because I can't afford it. lol Besides, it's becoming a habit and I was seriously considering using them in my novels. ;p There are ways around this. Posting on a budget will be my first book!
 
Josephine. Who came at me both guns blazing immediately after my first post. I was like gee she sure is sharp! "Hello to you too!" However, had it not been for the sternness of her tone
:boohoo: My guns weren't blazing, honestly they weren't. I was simply speaking in a regular, gentle voice offering information and advice.
Why do people give me this personna of being a dragon?
[Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!
I'm not - honestly I'm not!
:cry:

But all joking aside, I am so pleased you felt we got our message across. You did good and Groundhog Day will soon be a distant memory! :happydance:
 
Good Morning B.W 2,
Love the picture of your boys in your immobilizer :) I am sure they do get it. If Sonja starts charging for using
:shocked: :hissy: :tantrum: :doh: :headbang: we can just put it on D.S O.d.I.C card.
Can't wait to hear part 2 of your tale.
Have a wonderful weekend,
DDiana :flwrysmile:
 
Why do people give me this personna of being a dragon?

Could it have anything to do with your tendency to exhale fire at times - `but Josephine I was only trying to lift a 4 stone weight attached to my ankle as part of the excercise regime set by my Physio. And I am a whole 3 days post-op now'. FIRE, FIRE FIRE:hissy::hissy::hissy::no-fin::no-fin::no-fin::headbang::headbang::headbang:
 
I am OVER Oxy! I don't even have the awful side effects like I did w/the first surgery, I just wanna be done with it. Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to pick up my prescription of Hydrocodone today. Hydro doesn't do much, but that'll put me one step closer to NO PILLS AT ALL! I didn't even want to take my Oxy today, but since I had planned on going out today, I figured it was necessary. lol Don't wanna go all super hero I don't need my meds just a little over 2 weeks out. :bicycle2: I had more stiffness than pain this morning, but last night I had stabbing/stinging pain in the shin area. it had my cry-whining as I read for my meds in the middle of the night. I was cry-murmuring something to the equivalent of "I'm not there yet." lol​

I may have had something to do with the Wall Slides I did yesterday in P/T. Operation "Drop it like it's HOT!" in progress new knee in June and danceragainsoon. :rotfl: I am glad that my new P/T is a Bonesmartie. She never pushes me past my limit like my last one. He was nothing like patient 99's. Carol that's CRAZY 3 days out and weights, no wonder you had problems with recovery. In hindsight (that wonderful teacher) I now know that my P/T pushed and made more unnecessary scar tissue, and he plain just didn't do his job! He basically WATCHED me do exercises, (creepy) he never massaged and barely measured me. He didn't even instruct me on how to go down the stairs, AND THIS WAS MY FIRST KNEE SURGERY. So, thankful I got a good one this time. Now I know what I'm missing. I can definitely see a difference in the knees. Good thing she's working on my right knee as well, Pro Bono... what a wonderful person. :angel: I'm trying to keep track of my emoticon use, that was a big one! :scare: I don't want RestAssured The Smiley Portion Control Monitor after me. :scary:Po PO! lol

we can just put it on D.S O.d.I.C card.
What a great Idea! Not sure daughter stalker would appreciate it though. :umm:

Speaking of ODIC, I just knew I was gonna hop out of bed this morning and head on over to Starbucks to sip my coffee outdoors, zip over to T-mobile and cruise through the grocery store to pick up my prescription and a few things HA! This was all to be done in one hour or so. I also wanted to enjoy the cool of the day before it warms up into another Indian Summer day. (I wonder where that expression comes from... :what: Google to the rescue) I did wake up early enough, but after whining over not wanting to take meds and an aching back, I realized that I was "not there yet." :no-fin: I ended up opening my window and sipping my Starbucks espresso roast coffee I brewed myself from my Veranda/Walker. :heehee:

My girlfriend's around 4 pm. I'm looking forward to seeing her, we always have so much fun with the "Driving Ms. Daisy outings.:loll:I even have a new persona for her to "document" with pics/video... Walker Lady! :rotfl: But that's another post. lol I know I'm NOT looking forward to wearing Teds in 80 degree weather, that's why I wanted to get out early. Well at least it's not as hot as it was with my 1st surgery. I've decided that she'll be doing the "zipping." It's a little early in the game to Super-size and go Platinum with my ODIC card. I'll leave that to DS. ^.~

Right now I'm getting my Multitasking Mama on as I use my CPM machine and type this post simultaneously. NOT an easy task I tell you, but THAT'S why I carry the ODIC card! :rotfl:

I hope everyone is having a Kneeeasy day! :flwrysmile:
 
Hello BW2, it sounds like you are making good progress.
I'm pleased for you.
I had no CPM machine , no knee immobiliser but have to wear my TED hose for SIX weeks day and night.
I will be very glad to stop wearing them in another week.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :dancy:
 
An outing, sounds great. I ate lunch out on the patio today in the sunshine after walking down the stairs with just a cane- heavenly to have a little more freedom and excursions. Enjoy your outing later and your visit with friend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom