Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@patient99 I believe the contraption is to make sure that the patient straightens out the leg. We use the CPM during the day to help us bend the knee and at night the immobilizer to help us straighten the knee. I had trouble straightening my knee to 0. I hope this helps you with some sort of understanding of this contraption and its possible use.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
It depends on the OS and what their protocols are. My OS does not use the CPM machine and does not use a knee immobilizer and also does not use TED stockings. My results have been good, all with gentle stretches and gentle flexion. There are many ways to get to the same end results.
 
I only had one TED stocking on the opposite leg. I was tired of wearing it after one week so I stopped wearing it. You are right about protocol. Some OS require blood thinning meds injection or pills but my OS had me take Ecotrin. Asprin that is coated.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Carol, Partials... Totals.... Potato, Potato. From what I read on here it's the same BLASTED RECOVERY. :groan: I still got my knee sliced open and sawed on like everybody else. :sad: SAME UGLY SCAR and It's taking me forever like everyone else. :hissy:NOW that I've had the surgery I'm told that the difference will be that I'm happier with the natural movement of my knee. Whenever that will be. :umm: Gone is the talk of the speedy recovery. They say it's easier, but the "they people" haven't had the surgery.

In the beginning stages they don't want you to keep or sleep w/your knee bent, that's what the immobilizer is for. Some Dr's only use it in the hospital and some like my sadistic but handsome OS wants his patients to wear it for 2 weeks. He also wants we to wear my Ted hose for 4 weeks. I <3 him. :gaah:
 
Yeah, daughter stalker, my OS put them on both feet. I'm down to one now. I definitely feel the need for one on my surgical leg, since I just had a bleeding scare. :scary:I plan on sleeping without them tonight and see what happens. I got tired of wearing them in my first surgery 2-3 weeks out. Yet, I found comfort in them once I had swiped my ODIC card later on in my recovery.:sorry: lol

My P/T is not pushing the numbers on the CPM machine, but I do find it helpful with stiffness after I've been laying around a lot like NOW. :groan: The beginning stages are tricky, you wanna rest but you gotta move, yet if you're glued to the machine for 6 hours it's hard.

Right now i'm in a chair and I've definitely been sitting here to long. It's my first time in a chair since I got home. I get caught up online and I forget to move around.. that's why the machine is handy AND I need to stay off this site! But it's like Crack! :happydance: Not that I know anything about what that feels like.... scouts honor. :yes:
 
I wore it for a few nights afterwards I wasn't sleeping well anyway so I stored the knee immobilizer in the closet at that time.
Can't wait to introduce my KI to it's cousin in the closet. I only wear mine at night and I am WELL over it! :gaah:
 
It's official! SHUT UP@daughter stalker :rotfl::loll::rofsign:
[Bonesmart.org] Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!
 
I have a note pad that I check off the time when I take my meds and I have programmed in my phone. I never over medicated but I went without because I thought I took my pills!
 
Carol, Partials... Totals.... Potato, Potato. From what I read on here it's the same BLASTED RECOVERY.

In the beginning stages they don't want you to keep or sleep w/your knee bent, that's what the immobilizer is for. Some Dr's only use it in the hospital and some like my sadistic but handsome OS wants his patients to wear it for 2 weeks. He also wants we to wear my Ted hose for 4 weeks. I <3 him. :gaah:

You are right! You get the privilege of going through the same recovery as the rest of us! :heehee: I would never want you to miss out on the party and feel slighted! :rotfl: Oh by the way, I had Ted hose on for about 5 minutes after surgery and they said big red welts started. I asked them if they were latex? :umm: :scratch: they were and I never saw them again! :cheers:
 
It's time to STAB MYSELF IN MY STOMACH! The party never stops at my house. :egypdance: :egypdance:
Good luck with your OS tomorrow. Hopefully, you'll have the day off, or at least an abbreviated day. :beg:

Goodnight Lala :sleep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom