Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just came back from my kitchen. :gaah: Ladies DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS! If you do, DON'T HAVE ANY BOYS! :hissy: It's the new Millennium, they're different positions and new technology... Anything's possible., :rotfl: Seriously, I love them dearly but their Hansel and Gretel routine is getting old. :hairpulling:

They couldn't wait for me to have my second surgery, so they could continue their demolition act! I wanted to run out of there, then I remembered I was overlooking my balcony/veranda (as my P/T calls it. SomI wheeled away ever so gracefully, and headed back to my dungeon, I mean room. :skep: I would've waved like the Queen, but my hands were full, still haven't worked out attaching a basket to my walker. :umm:

Speaking of waving, I just remembered I never updated the second half of my hospital saga. Oh Lord, total recall time. :scratch: I'm enjoying a "little" stint on my CPM machine. That will undoubtedly lead to a nap, so I'll get to it when I'm back from Lala-land. :egypdance: I bet ya'll are on the edge of your seat. :skep: :heehee:
 
I resemble all the remarks you made about me today! :rotfl::wink: Are you stuck on that cooking show or have the meds gotten the best of you? :heehee: I need to get off this Cryo Cuff and get me some information! :martini::cheers2::martini:
I can do it because I am not on pain meds... I will use my information instead of pain meds. :yes:

I am ready for some football!!! :yay::yay::yay::cheers: Later sweetie! :flwrysmile:
 
SHOW OFF! :cheers: :beer: :martini: :cheers2: daughter stalker BRAG MUCH!

Um, Alzheimer's alert! Totally forgot about posting part 2... Me sleepy :yawn: and if I can stop fighting it like a 2yr old! :happydance: I might actually get some rest. :zzz:

What time is the game DS?
 
7:30 PM ESPN Alabama vs. Ole Miss game! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Get some rest sweetie! :sleep: You need it! We can wait until you feel better to get the second installment of the hospital visit. :yes:
 
Yes, DS I agree. :yes: I just took my meds...​
now I'm just waiting for that "newborn bobble-head" thing to kick in ​
and I'm OFF to Lala-land!​
:egypdance::egypdance:Lucy in the Sky-I with Diiiii-iamonds!:egypdance::egypdance:​
​
 
I was wrong. Game started at 6:30. At halftime 9 - 0 Alabama. Bama is t playing very well tonight. :(


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Daughter st When they do an arthroscopy do they have to open the knee up? If so, does it mean you have a fresh scar to deal with each time? That's a whole lot for one knee to cope with.
 
Bionic woman2 Good morning sleepy head (aka bobble head). :heehee: I hope you got some well needed rest and that the boys haven't done too much destruction since yesterday. Are you feeling better today? I sure hope so. I don't think I could handle a 6 hour ride up I-75 to take care of you. :yikes:
 
This song was in my spirit this morning, after I peeled myself out of my bed and was inching back slowly from the bathroom in my walker.... Enjoy :mcoffee:


Amen :angel:
 
daughter stalker and new knee in June, I did get a good night's sleep, although I literally felt like "grandma got ran over by a reindeer when I woke up.:thud: Between the Knee Immobilizer, Roman Column knee w/the heel pain and tree trunk knee/leg w/the bum cramped up toe... did I mention my sore back. :groan:Now I know how the cartoons feel when the get ran over by something and peel themselves up, leaving an imprint. :yes: lol I envisioned a plastic food packaging carton with the shape of my body in it when I woke up, and was trying to figure out how to get up. :heehee: I swung the "good leg" out of the bed first. It was stiff as usual, but began to loosen up. The tricky part was getting my knee immobilizer off, as I could barely move my slept on back. Jsankowski and ditzy dinah, it's definitely harder with two! :yikes:

The good news is... once I got up and applied my ICE ICE BABY, I noticed my new born knee was more flexible and less swollen than yesterday. I was on the CPM machine and didn't even realize I had peaked and descended. :yes!: Now where is that ODIC card... :happydance: I know it's in here somewhere!:egypdance::dancy::yay::spin:

What a difference a day makes... 24 little hours. :whistle:
Hope everyone is having a kneeeasy day :flwrysmile:
 
Are we still looking for a saying for the Banner ?
Yep, What'cha got... patient 99, who's the judge again? :shrug: I think RestAssured said she would be the judge. :scratch: I'm not exactly sure on that. :what: Hey, at this point I can barely remember if I took my Oxy. :rolleyes:

I had been transferring them to one of the pill cup I got from the hospital to jog my memory, then I forgot where I put the cup. :spin::rotfl: Last night my sister suggested the weekly pill case, now just I need to get one. My teenage son's strategy is to text him when I take it. That'll have to do for now. I'm gonna do "O" for Oxy, "T" for Tylenol. I don't know what good this'll do when he's at school if I overdose. :shocked: I guess he'll have something to tell the coroner. :loll: Hey! it's the thought that counts. :umm:
 
I'm going to repost this for you
You see. Told you you'd not be able to manage without me <wink> Thank you.

knee immobilizer off,
What's the purpose of a knee immobilizer?

Having an awful day today. Made Sunday lunch. It was awful. Ate out yesterday. It was awful. Not hopeful about tomorrow. But enough of all this light-hearted banter. Anybody got any drugs?


one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small, and the ones that Mama gives you don't do anything at all.............
 
, What'cha got... patient 99, who's the judge again?
We only had 3 entries - yours, mine and Dabber. @Rest Assured said she would be the judge, but given the low response she probably didn't think it was worth it. Can't you use your power of persuation and drum up some interest? Any contributions should be sent to Rest Assured. Carol
 
What's the purpose of a knee immobilizer?
To torture the HELL outta ya... Oooo is that word allowed in the forum???? Is someone gonna get me :no-fin::no-fin:

Anyway, a Knee immobilizer is supposed to keep your knee straight while you sleep until it "sets" in place. I have to wear it for two whole weeks! :gaah:3 more nights. HALLELUJAH!:happydance:

Sorry about your meal. I HATE when that happens especially if I ruined it, because "I'm a gourmet chef." :umm:Never worry, :cheers2: I've dispatched the WHAMBULANCE. They should be arriving your way shortly. :bicycle2: Oops, wrong vehicle. :sos: There there, here we are.... :bicycle1: We even have beverages on the way.:martini:

:rofsign:I better not laugh at you. My boys are responsible for dinner tonight. :groan: Simple burgers, however the last time they made them, it was a disaster. They were at least 13 inches high and seasoned with assortment of WRONG seasonings. Dear God please help them this time, I'm hungry.... Amen It was the oldest one who got creative... Bless his heart. :skep: Hopefully he has learned from his mistake. :beg:
 
Oh Bionic woman2 why are you sugar coating the knee immobilizer? It is a torture contraption that is placed onto your leg right after surgery. It consumes your whole leg from the top of the hip to your ankle. It has metal rods in it and Velcro strips to help strap it onto your leg. There is a hole for where your kneecap is supposed to be. I wore mine for 2 weeks and when I was given permission to not wear it while sleeping the first night I just couldn't sleep. I wore it the next night to sleep and I slept a little bit better. GO FIGURE. I finally get permission to ditch the stiff thing from my leg and the leg wants to sleep in it. AAAARRRRGGGGFFFF!!! :hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling:

I wore it for a few nights afterwards I wasn't sleeping well anyway so I stored the knee immobilizer in the closet at that time. :heehee:
 
Knee immobilizer is supposed to keep your knee straight while you sleep until it "sets" in place.

More puzzled than ever. I thought as Bionic has had partials, it was something that happened with partials, but @daughterstalkyours is a full TKR. Its the very first time I have heard of an immobiliser. I was told by my OS, and I've heard it said many times on BS, that unlike hip replacements, knee replacements are tough. There's very little you can do to harm them. And you can sleep any way you like. In the first week post op I used to sleep on my back as I found that the most comfortable, so leg was straight by choice. After that I used to sleep on my side and my knee found its preferred position - sometimes straight, but mostly bent.

I know there are different approaches, but this one truly surprised me. Can this possibly be where
I went wrong:scratch:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom