Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'' S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, WON'T YO BE MY NEIGHBOR! :SUNsmile:
I am SOOOOOO HAPPY to have both knees done and on The OTHER-OTHER SIDE. :yes!:
Ready to get my life back... LET'S GOOO! :happydance:

I LOVE MY OS! He came in this morning ALL SMILES. Nice and clean in his little white jacket. Yeah, I'm crushing a ill' bit. Lol That's not why I love him. WAIT @&$?/(/! I just accidentally erased a paragraph of my post! @:$:)/?/$/! :hissy: Sigh... Where was I? :what:

Oh, I asked him where did I need to be on the CPM machine so I could go home. I was on it at the time and he said, "no where. We don't really like you to be above 60 on day 1 and you're already on 65." I know daughter stalker, it sounds like an early case of ODIC :whistle: , but I think it's more inline with the OAA Club. That's Over Acheivers Annonymous. I have a membership there as well people. :shrug:

Anyway, he said that there are no expectations and I should just take it easy, since people with bilateral partials then to over do it. :umm: I told him, I didn't know anything about that. :rotfl: Actually, I told him about how whenever I ODIC, I'm back at square me. He said that was normal. Booo! :tantrum:

Just did my exercises and the stairs with P/T. She has a Bonesmart approach. :)
I am now free to walk around with my walker, which she doesn't think I'll need it much longer.m :skep: she doesn't know about "GROUND HOG DAY TREE TRUNK MORNINGS." :groan: So I'll use it as song as I need it. I'm thinking about going to the Starbucks in the lobby with my back-out gown. :tada: Whatddaya think? :scratch: lol

Seriously, I can go home as soon as my son can get here. probably around 2 pm today.

I'm feelin' Gooooood in the neighborhood. :egypdance: The good feeling is in my spirit :angel: NOT my leg, that's another story. :yes:

Smile... It's Friday eve! :flwrysmile:
 
You look awesome and what a great attitude. I hope you get home soon since there is no place like home. Lee
 
Wowee, you go girl, that's good going. You look great, excited you may be allowed home so soon to tell all your adventure tales.

Take care though, get a lot of rest too.

Sue:friends:
 
BABY I'M BACK! ​
leejaa, you're right! THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!​
​
​

​
 
SO happy right now! Let's see how I feel "The Morning After." :mcoffee:

I will detail my crazy hospital experiences after a goodnight's sleep. :sleep:
 
Good post. Hope you get that good nights sleep.
It's a great feelings knowing that it's all over.
Onwards with the recovery.
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Hope you have an awesome day, when do you get bounced? Can not wait to hear your stories I am sure I will be :rotfl:
 
"It's got to beeee the MORNING AFTERRRRR" :mcoffee::mcoffee:
Okay, totally forget how long I have to wear my knee imobilizer to bed. :what: Talk about waking up with a tree leg! :groan:Can't wait for THAT to be over with.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I am gonna get to my hospital story in a minute. :heehee: Right now I'm just getting over typing a nice little letter to Human Resources. :hissy: WHY would they need another update just 2 1/2 weeks after surgery??? My dr's office just sent them one on 9/13! It's not like paying me a pecentage of my already meanial salary is gonna shutdown some schools. I should send them a couple of scar pics, or better yet 'THE KNEE REPLACEMENT VIDEO! :rofsign: Get the point people! :rotfl:
 
Okay, I'm on my CPM machine and I just moved leg trying to get it adjusted and OUUUUUUUCH! I screamed out JACK and it was followed by daniels, then another scream all together... JACK DANIEL'S :rofsign:I don't drink Jack Daniels, or anything like that. I guess daughter stalker is rubbing off on me. :rotfl:
 
I actually thought about driving up to the mail box, then I remebered that I just had surgery. THAT, the 2 flights of stairs required to get to car, PLUS the fact that my son decided that he should take my car and burn up all my gas, did away with that adventure. :heehee: Oh. did I mention Oxycodone... :umm:Don't DRIVE ZONKED! :egypdance:
 
Okay, Part 1 of my surgery day​
​
As I was sitting in the lobby with my boys waiting to be called back, they were gripping:hissy: about having to stay in the hospital and wait for dear ole mom for a few hours. :umm:Instead of being insulted I took this as a teachable moment and decided to remind them of ALL the times I had to sit in a hospital for them. I started w/labor and worked my way up to the present day including ALL the illnesses and broken bones that I had to take them to the hospital for and WAIT! :hairpulling:

We were in stitches by the time they called me back.:rofsign:

THIS is when it gets interesting. First of all they take me to an empty cubicle w/a curtain. Yep, you guessed it... there was NO BED! :shocked: I was given my hospital clothes to change into and asked if I needed to go the restroom first. FIRST, THEN WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH NO BED! :what: I went to the bathroom. When I came back I was told to get undresses, but I can leave my bottoms on till I get a bed. GEE THANKS! I got into my hospial attire like a good little girl and left on my undies, since my Dr Seuss "Just Say No" poem didn't work, I still had my period. They gave me some mesh Victoria's Secret undies to put on and a pad that looked like it was a collectors item. They definitely didn't go together and there's no way I could possibly bring sexy back in that get up, even with the thigh-highs I was gonna get later. :heehee: Anyway, I stood around on my bad knees and waited since I wasn't about to sit in a regular chair that everybody and their sick great-grandmother sat in, in my "sterile" hospital gown. :gaah:I wonder if they ever disinfect those chairs, or curtains for that matter. I had plenty of time to think of stuff like this while I waited for my bed. I also thought, I could've been outside in the lobby cracking jokes with my boys and gaining "good mom" points for all the parenthood tales I could tell. :yes: Did I mention that I hardly slept the night before and my legs were KILLING ME!? :tantrum:

Before I go on to the next adventure, let me just say that this is a reputable hospital with great physicians and service up until now.:shrug:

Here's what happened next... A woman came into my cubicle and informed me that she needed to scrub my leg to prepare it for surgery and then leaves :scratch: Huh? I look around the room and wonder WHERE was she gonna perform this feat. :umm: Wait for it... She returns w/ a blanket and a couple of towels. She places the blanket over the diseased hospital chair, so I can sit down. :skep: She then pulls over a TRASH CAN :yikes: lol and drapes a towel over it and asked me to put my leg on it. I'm not lying :rotfl: All while I'm going "you can't be serious!" :scratch:She then soaps up a scrubber, pulls up a chair to sit in, drapes the other towel over her legs and proceeds to scrub my leg. TRUE STORY... :loll:folks I can't make this stuff up! :yikes:

While she was doing this someone wanted to give me my happy meds cocktail :martini:, so I could cope with the trash can scrubbing I guess. Unfortunately, she couldn't adminster those until I get a bed. Oh, So it's okay to slap my leg up on a trash can and scrub it, but I can't swallow some pills from a seated position. :hissy:

Once the scrub was complete and I thanked the woman for her service... Don't shoot the messenger. I'm sure she was only doing what she was told, since the hospital was very busy. It must've been National Surgery Day or something! The next person that came through wanted to put on my TEDS, but decided she'd wait for the bed. Ya think! :doh:Well eventually got my bed, put my teds on, took my drugs and it was off to pre-op.

To be continued....
It's almost time for my P/T to show up. :scary:
 
BEST PHYSICAL THERAPIST EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :egypdance:

She just left. She was so personable, and did some passive movements because my scars are fresh. Gave me a great massage and even did the other leg. She said that my "patella tendon" I think :scratch: on my right knee was tight and it needed to be broken up w/a massage to get more movement. She even measure my ROM on the right knee, worked on it a bit and got it to 120 again. It was stifff since I hadn't been using it. My left knee is 90. She thinks that the left knee is gonna have a quicker recovery. :happydance:

She told me not to do too much even with w/my right knee and give it some time as well, as I recover from the left one. All this time, I thought it was scar tissue holding up progress on my right knee, but it was tightness in the joint and a slightly tight IT band. She mentioned she uses the European approach and doesn't like to push much and is into massages and passive movements. :yay: She said there would never be any surprises :yikes:from her.

I'm so glad to finally have a p/t come to my home who knows her stuff, is caring and friendly. :puppysmooze: My other in-home P/T barely even touched me, let alone give me a massage. Good thing, since he didn't wash his hands and once took off his gloves to examine my incision. :eeeuw: He was just plain creepy. I'm glad I stood up for mysef and requested another P/T. It definitely paid off! :yes!: I'm so greatful that I feel comfortable with her AND she washes her hands. lol :tada:

She even cautioned me against doing too much daughter stalker, so I'll need you to hide my ODIC card. She explained that when we do too much, we create inflamation and the body goes to heal that first, and that slows down the process of recovery.

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait till my next P/T session. :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom