Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do you need the pixie dust? I need to know what time to get under the bed to collect it!:loll:
 
lol daughter stalker, you can sprinkle anywhere from 11:45-2:00pm. So you better start getting down on the floor now with this guy. :rotfl:Knee pain, I wouldn't hold my breath either, we want you ALIVE AND KICKIN' when we finally get there... but WE'RE COMIN' :friends:

Heading out to the Dr's in a few, so I better get moving! :bicycle2:
 
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I didn't break the richter scale in ROM measurements today. It's was 120, lol :shrug: the same as my other knee.

She didn't measure my extension, but said since she couldn't get her hand under my knee, it was definitely less than 0. So I can straighten my legs better than I can bend them. :umm: I asked her would it increase over time and she said maybe not because that's where my other knee was before surgery. :shocked: SOMEBODY PLEEEEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE!!! I mean, I am not going through all of this to have the SAME range of motion as my previously jacked up knees. :hissy:I then informed her that I had lost a lot of mobility and couldn't squat and do the things I use to do, so my left knee really wasn't my normal range. She then said that it would take time. I also know that this wasn't my best measurement. For one thing I was lying down, and I've gotten a better stretch previously. I didn't really have time to do my exercises beforehand either. EXCUSES, EXCUSES. :skep:

She did tell me that it was early in the recovery period and the stiffness, tightness, swelling and warmth of the knee was normal. This was my OS' assistant, I'll ask my OS about my ROM at my next PostOp. By then it will be 211 with a -43 extension.:rotfl: Seriously, I just happy that one week from now, I will have completed the last BIG step in Operation Take Your Life Back! :egypdance: I can worry about Droppin It Like It's HOT! later. :heehee:

I walked A LOT today around medical building, so it's ALL ABOUT ICE ICE BABY right now. I'm glad I have the dinner my co-worker brought over yesterday. It's in the oven now. :yes!:
 
Hi,
No one can tell you if your ROM will improve or not as your knee will follow its own path but you are still early in the recovery process so there is every chance that it will.
You are also motivated and can work gently at increasing your ROM. Not promising 211 with -43 extension but who knows.......
Did everything else go well at your Pre op today?
Hugs Toothfairy x :)
 
Thanks TF. Everything went according to plan. I'm not worrying about the CT scan bill. I had it done because it was medically necessary to perform the surgery and I needed the other side of my body completed. :yes:

So it's up and onward! :egypdance:7 days and counting... let's go! :yay: :scare:
 
I thought you were seeing the doctor not his/her PA!!!:sos: Sorry the ROM wasn't what you have done in the past. :tantrum: Who cares anyway at this point? :what: You have the other knee to think about now. :doh:
I be there for you! :yes!: Yes, I know I didn't use proper grammar. It will be just like I am in the room with you! :heehee: We can even put Knee pain on Skype for you! We can do a three way Skype. Oh the trouble we could cause in the hospital!!!:rotfl:
 
120 is OK though, isn't it. I find my ROM varies according to who measures it too. I'm further away from my TKR and hoping still for improvement.

Sue.
 
YA MO BE THERE FO YA! lol Thanks Lala! I love to Skype you guys into my hospital room.

I'm OK with my ROM. I actually only got to 120 at my P/T's after he pushed it past my comfort zone a while ago. I just know that I personally stretched past what I was able to do today. NO PROBLEM, I'll be at "187" two weeks after surgery. :rotfl:
 
Ladies, Mama had a big day and I am ALL DONE. :thud:
I will try and "come out to play" :happydance: later if I wake up, but for now... I AM IN MY BED!!! :yawn: :zzz:

Yes, I know it's only 7:30 pm LEONI!! :hissy:
I guess all of my 2 am bedtimes have finally caught up with me. :mcoffee:

Goodnight:sleep:
 
Relax about the ROM measurement. We've had folks (me included) who gain bits of ROM for a year or more. It's all about letting your knee do it's thing and just keeping up with the gentle stretches and bends as you go forward.
 
Thanks Jamie. I kid about the ROM number, but I DO want more range of motion. lol That's one of the reasons I had the surgery in the first place. :groan: I know that my knee still has the tight band feeling and although it's improved, it's still stiff. So my logic is once this goes away, my flexibility will increase some. I'm sure that will take time and considering I'M GETTING THE OTHER ONE DONE in 6 DAYS!... :scare:I'll have plenty of time, along with rest, exercise, icing and elevating to aid in that happening. Starting to feel lazy though. :yawn: HERE WE GO AGAIN! :scary:
 
Absolutely! Once I get past the Exorcist/Carrier stage in the looks department. :yikes: First impressions are forever like diamonds. I'll definitely be in the ROUGH for a minute. lol
 
About to head out and exchange information with my Work-wife. :martini: I get to hear stories about the kiddos too! :happydance:
 
You know that it doesn't matter to me what you look like. If I can make you laugh then I would have done my job. I may even let you have some of my Depends if you are nice. I guess I will need to send them overnight Fed Ex. LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I'm awake, it's 7.21 am Friday and all well. Can you see me Bionic woman2 and daughter stalker, hovering over you? Sending Depends your way, spent the evening painting a nice design on them.
It's pouring rain here today, I do love listening to it on the roof, but boy now I have to go to the toilet, blast maybe I need the depends. Back in a moment.......wee wee time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom