Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO...You won' t leave me out of the fun! No way, no how! :rotfl: I'll drag BW over there and she can help, too! I want one of those yummy looking watermelon drinks! :) You don't want me to motivate you, do you? :snork:

I hope you and your girlfriend have a wonderful visit! :SUNsmile:
 
I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS! :friends:
I would use my BIG FONT VOICE and make it all colorful, but I'm on my son's IPad and I don't know how to do that on here.

Btw, DS I don't really like the new App, do you?

Leonie, I would much rather help you move than have surgery on the 18th, and I'm sure surgery would be better in Australia. :o)
 
Yep, we could use the money we save to get more information. :martini:
 
I went to a pre-surgery class. This is something I meant to do before my 1st surgery, but didn't have time to do it because I was "college tour mom." :groan: As I sat in the class I thought it's amazing how different the recovery information given, varies drastically from reality. They definitely weren't spouting out Bonesmart mantras. lol I took it all with a grain of salt and told every one I came in contact with there about this site. You would think I was a spokesperson for Bonesmart or something. :heehee:

For a minute there I thought I was gonna get kicked out when I chimed in and answered a question about PKR being easier than TKR. lol I just told the guy I was 3 months out and still limping. So um, it's the same thing, at least for this knee. Some TKR patients are even further along than I am. :sorry: The instructor immediately chimed in and said that everyone is different, but in general.... we'll if we're all different WHY ARE YOU GIVING THESE FOLKS A ONE SIZE FITS ALL RECOVERY LESSON. :hissy:

All in all it was informative. A lot of the stuff I already knew from my RPK, but I felt sorry for the newbies who were clueless and seemed to hang on her every word. She made light of recovery and medication. "I know some patients who only needed medication for a week, week and a half tops." :skep: Of course there was a story about a "2 Week" miraculously healed person. According to a woman there, she knew of a woman who was 70 yrs old and was out at the Thee-a-ter just 2 weeks after surgery. I wonder what kind of "theater" she was talking about. This same woman wanted to know if she could work from home 2 weeks after surgery. The instructor was reluctant to answer that one, luckily I chimed in with a wise-crack. I said something like, "that's gonna be some kinda work!" (all drugged up.) :loll:I have NO people skills right now and don't do well taming my tongue while medicated. :rotfl: I'm sure there are people who went off meds and can work at home 2 weeks after surgery, but they are few and far between. There was no talk about the fact once you undergo a major surgery your body is going to be out of whack... from the physical to the emotional. :cry: When asked about needing help around the house, the timeline was 5-7 days, because you probably won't feel like doing this like cooking your first week. :umm: FIRST WEEK! :umm: I'm SOOO glad that I DIDN'T go to this class before my 1st surgery, or I would have felt like a FAILURE and been even more disappointed in my progress than I am now.

The physical therapist came in next and gave her 2 cents on exercise from her size 2 frame! She was young and agile just like the instructor. Not there's anything wrong with that, but as I looked around the room, mostly everyone in there was the exact opposite. Someone asked about moving around after surgery, vs resting. The PT said in order to prevent blood clots you need to "KEEP MOVING." lol Ok, so why in world do I need to sadistically inject myself with a blood thinner twice a day when all I need to do is drag my medicinally stupor-ed self around the house right after surgery? :hissy: Huh! :umm:


Oh and Rambo/Dr Marcus Welby MD the patient was there too. He made a point of telling everyone the importance of doing their exercises in a BIG FONT voice, because YOUR RECOVERY DEPENDS ON YOU DOING YOUR EXERCISES, OR YOUR LEG MUSCLES WILL REMEMBER THE POST SURGICAL STATE AND GET STUCK IN THAT STATE. Then he said, "Was I too strong?" :doh: I chimed in and said, well you almost have to... because every morning when I wake up, my leg is stiff and I have to do my exercises to get it moving again. I think his dab was aimed at me because I said I was 3 months out and still no where near healed and I saw him looking at me. He was seated across the room and I was expecting him to leap out of his seat when class was over and show off all the hard work he had put in. Um, no... he was moving rather slow and using a cane. My takeaway from all of this was, America moves too fast and I'm thankful for Bonesmart! :yes: My hospital even sends patients home ONE day after a TKR. She said it depends on vitals but they try and get you out so you don't get an infection from being around the other sick folks in the hospital. :skep:


Well... that's my Mel Gibson RANT for today. :rotfl:

I did actually get excited while sitting there w/my surgical leg crossed feeling no pain. :egypdance: I thought to myself, I'm gonna get my life back and this will all be worth it! :yes!:

Hope everyone is having a Knee-easy day. :flwrysmile:
 
:cry:​
:boohoo:​
:cry:​
:boohoo:​

I just found out that my CTScan is STILL not gonna be covered by my insurance even-tough it's medically necessary for a Makopasty! :hissy: I can either postpone, or foot the bill. Neither of which is an option for me. :cry:

The RANT continues... :hissy: :gaah: :hissy: :gaah:
 
It is taking me a long time to respond to your thread because I am laughing at the fact that you didn't just go off on all the speakers. I expected for you to say that they had to call the popo on you. :rotfl: Not only laughing but had to google a word I hadn't seen before. :heehee:

JUST WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY TO WHAT YOU TYPED ABOVE! :yikes:
 
daughter stalker, Glad I gave you a good laugh and increased your knowledge, or should I say "information!" :heehee: Speaking of which, you would think after my last two posts I'd be floating in the bottom a bottle somewhere:rotfl: , but Noooooo... :groan: A co-worker was bringing over dinner for me, so I had to stay "in the now." I don't really know her very well, and I wouldn't want her to go back to work and say I've taken off work to lay around on the couch full of info. :cheers2: I'm already out of it due to meds and isolation, so conversations are awkward. :yawn:

I have my pre-op and my million dollar CTScan tomorrow. Hoping I can get the fee waved since I'm not the one insisting that it's necessary. :beg:I'm gonna go to bed at a decent time tonight, it was a STRUGGLE to get up this morning. There's so much to do now! You can't just jump in the shower, get dressed and go.
 
I was told by a nurse, no less, about her granddad that they dropped off at work on his way back home from TKR surgery old style...big implant, one week in hospital!
When I was 3 weeks post op a "friend" suggested I "ditched the sticks," and told me her OH took the bus to the city (20 miles away) without sticks the week after he was discharged following TKR. It was the occasion of my first trip to a cafe, next to physio, on 2 crutches.
My husband helped me in the shower for 6 weeks!
Sue.
 
I was told by a nurse, no less, about her granddad that they dropped off at work on his way back home from TKR surgery old style...big implant, one week in hospital!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Not dropped off at work on his way back from the hospital. :rotfl: STOP! :loll: I would LOVE to hear these people TELL THEIR OWN STORY.
Oh, Oh my Gosh! I am LITERALLY Laughing out Loud! I would roll on the floor with it, but you know...:rofsign:

Thank you Sue, I needed a good laugh after the day I've had. We really should put tracking devices in these Super Hero replacement folks, that way we can locate them when we need their super human strength. :skep: It's one thing to DO it at 2 weeks, I just wonder what they're like 2 weeks later. :groan: I know all about the ODIC antics! :headbang:
 
Hey Dabber, do you remember when I said that I now had hair growing on my bionic knee? :umm:

I thought it was because it was swollen, but now, I-I-I-I-I Don't knowwwww... There is literally a visible difference between the two knees. I should take a picture and watch for signs after my next surgery. I might be on to something here! :loll:Only problem is my knee is starting to look like a dang Chia Pet! :yikes: lol :rotfl:
CHI CHI CHI CHIA!​
 
I'm moving to the UK before anything else goes wrong. My boys went out and got pizza, so I'm saving the ziti till tomorrow. She did make a nice salad and delicious brownies. I ate a little of both those to balance it out. :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom