TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@robynhood how lovely to see you here again. Sorry to hear about your knee misbehaving. I had our youngest at 43 by the way. I've never been to Anglesea, how bad is that living so close!
Anyway, I hope you have a lovely time and all being well, I'll make that trip to meet you for coffee one day, my release papers may come through on May 12th......I was hoping to have my scan results before Easter but they haven't arrived.
Speak again after your holiday, we have the family round for Easter Sunday, all 5 grandchildren but youngest son is on a camp at Windermere with his Scout Network friends.
:flwrysmile:
 
Well had a lovely weekend at the caravan. Didn't really do a lot of walking as planned because Bakers a Cyst kept flaring up but hopefully we will be going most weekends and I'm sure we will fit some walking in. Hope everyone had a great Easter. @Ellejay how's your troublesome knee today. Behaving itself I hope. I know I will love Anglesey and will look forward to exploring this lovely island. We did get to go to Beaumaris and spent a lovely morning there in the sunshine.
 
@micha hi I couldn't find your thread so hope you see this alert. How are you. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope things are continuing to improve with other things as well as your knee let me know how you are. I hope you're getting to cycle a lot. I know you love it. Hope the family and your lovely granddaughter are good. Take care :loveshwr:
 
Hello @robynhood, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to the caravan, Beaumaris is a lovely town. We took our van to Kent, I explored Canterbury on a mobility scooter - reason below. Sorry your Bakers Cyst was a nuisance. I still don't understand your OS not having it drained, each time I've had one drained I've had immediate relief for months.
Unfortunately my non operated knee is rubbish at the moment, I can't actually walk on it. It's a totally different problem to the one I had the injection for a few weeks ago, in a different area of the knee completely. If it continues like this our trip to France is off.Luckily I've managed to arrange an urgent OS appointment for next Monday, so hopefully I will get some answers then.
Take care, chat soon Lyn xx
 
Today I went to the doctors so fed up with this right knee. I should be enjoying myself now recovered from my TKR and getting about. This Bakers Cyst is a nuisance. Limping around using my stick. He won't recommend a steriod injection because my consultant wouldn't and he is the expert. So he's given me Naproxen and recommends me taking the full 8 co codamol every day. So not a brilliant consultation. To say I'm cheesed off is an understatement


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Oh so sorry to hear that, Pat @robynhood. Poor you. I don't know anything about Bakers Cysts, but presumably it will go at some point? Just when you are doing so well with your left knee. Soooo frustrating for you. Sending (((((((BIG HUGS))))))) xxxx
 
Oh no! My consultant does the injections, also my GP. I'm seeing her tomorrow about a shoulder one for when my bloods are back to normalish.
 
Thank you Kathy. It seems so long ago I started on this journey and I don't seem to be getting anywhere now. I had 3 months or so pain free. The cyst is really painfull when it swells and touches nerves. I've learnt a few new swear words nice to hear from you. Hope you're doing well


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Good Luck with your appt tomorrow @Dabber hope it goes well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Hi @robynhood, sorry your appointment wasn't successful, it's a shame you can't get the injection, I can't take Naproxen, it gives me horrid mouth ulcers. I saw my GP today and I told my tale of woe of having to wait for my next TKR and how my left knee is playing up and he has prescribed Meloxicam - has anyone else had these?
 
Haven't heard of that Ellejay. Is it got pain relief


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
@Ellejay Meloxicam is just one of many NSAIDS that all have similar effects. Here is a list of NSAIDS some of which you may be more familiar with:

broken link removed: https://tinyurl.com/n5j9k5h

I didn't realize that Tylenol has no effect on the underlying inflammation, redness and
swelling of the joint. I may switch my OTC pain relief to Aleve!
 
Thank you @Phil75070, I will look at the list later.
@robynhood, hopefully it will help with the pain at night time, I'm to take just one a day, with my evening meal, I will give it a couple of weeks and let you know, Lyn
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
I had a very good weekend at last. We went to a place called Port Meirion in Wales where they used to film the TV series The Prisoner in the 60's. We decided to go on the coastal walk around the site which I did perfectly then we tried the Forrest walk which a little more daunting.. At one point we had climb down at least 50 steps.. I use the term lightly. Most of them were not even steps. I always find going down steps much harder then going up so this was a real challenge. But with the help of my hubby I did it and felt so proud of myself. It was a real challenge for my knee and me but the Bakers Cyst behaved and I had the best day I've had for a long time. The pictures show how uneven the steps were @Ellejay and @Nana moon 27
 
FLEXISEQ Has anyone tried this gel. Saw it in my local pharmacy and it looked really good but a little expensive. £18.95 for a 50g tube. I did the usual googling when I got in and was impressed with the customer comments. It's the only gel I have seen recommended only for osteoarthritis. I ordered some from Amazon for a little cheaper than chemist and today is my first day using it on my non TKR knee. I will let you know the results and would be interested to know if anyone has used it.
 
@Jozilla. Pleased to report this gel is incredible. I use it twice a day and my knee isn't as stuff and virtually pain free. I would defnitley recommend it even tho I know it can differ from person to person. I will now make another order.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartĀ®
 
@robynhood - I will make a note of that gel, it sounds good. I find Voltarol 12 hour works well, and my GP has just started letting me have great big tubes on prescription. The Meoloxicam tablets seemed to do a good job, and only having to take it once a day was so much better, I hate taking medications. Even better, I've been able to stop all meds since I had the latest injection this week, long may it last.
I hope you are enjoying your holiday, Anglesey must be beautiful in the warn sunshine. Xx
 
Had a good few weeks. This gel is making quite a difference. Unless my Bakers Cyst is really swollen and then it dosent really help. I'm also taking Naproxen which my doctor has recommended for the swelling in both knees. Yes still swollen TKR on a bad day after 18 months. Trying to walk more and it is getting easier and less painful. When the consultant told me it could take up to 2 years recovery I laughed out loud. Not laughing now tho. This TKR business is not for the faint hearted is it. Nice to have the support on here when you need it and to support others in turn. Have a good weekend everyone. Take Care
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom