TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@robynhood

Hello Pat!

I'm not too far from meeting you for that coffee!

I'm pleased the gel is helping, but :bignono:to the Baker's Cyst!

I've got osteoarthritis in my shoulder now. I've had it injected but it's not really any better.

I've still got some swelling and stiffness in my TKR knee, I think it's probably going to improve a little but possibly not a lot, but to be free of the pain of arthritis....my Dh said I wouldn't go through it again would I? You bet I would was my swift reply! I can remember trying to find a spot in my knee to put my weight on to avoid the pain going upstairs, I remember being unable to sleep with the ache. Hopefully if/when it needs doing will be a few years away.

The advice, support and friendship here is wonderful, to talk across the seas takes my breath away.

Sue x

:console2:
 
Hello Pat, I hope you are well.
Good to hear that the gel is helping you.
Is there any long term solution for the bakers cyst?
Hope the family are well,
Love
Toothfairy x xx x
 
Hello @robynhood, thank you for your kind message on my thread, I thought I'd pop over to yours for a chat.
How has your Bakers Cyst been recently? Did the consultant give you any idea of how long you would have to put up with it? It must be hindering your efforts to walk. My knee is having it's dream holiday, the temperature is perfect, I'm in the pool every day, I'm cycling a lot and walking quite a bit, with a fairly long walk every few days. We had quite a long walk this morning up to see the site of the dam that burst above Fréjus in 1959, so now my knee is a bit stiff so I'm off to the pool, my husband has just gone off for a game of boules, but I would rather swim.
Good luck for your training for your 5K xxx
 
Hi Nanna Moon. What a hard day. I went to see Anne with another good friend. We used to be called three musketeers but lately more like the Golden Girls. I saw Anne two weeks ago and was staggered to see the change in her today. It's heart breaking. The hospice is a beautiful peaceful place but I'm not going in again. I want to remember how she was today. Coherent and communicating even tho she kept nodding off. The thing that hurts me most is her daughter is getting married in August and Anne won't be here. How does she cope knowing that. She has given a friend a silver bracelet and a letter to give to give to Jenna on the day. I came home thinking how dare I complain about my knee


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Pat

I agree with your decision regarding your friend. It's a heartbreaking decision to make and only one that you could have made. I shocking how aggressive this disease is. It's frightening. I think it's lovely that she has made that arrangement for her daughters wedding day but oh Pat it made me feel so sad. It's a day we all dream of for our daughters (however, mine have never married. They've both been asked several times by their partners and turned them down!), and she's been robbed of that precious time. Life is so very unfair I'm so sorry about what has happened to her it's rotten to say the least x

We cannot help how we feel about what is happening to us it's one of those quirks of life. No rights and no wrongs. I will post you in the morning.

Please take care Pat xxxx

Love Ann (Nana moon 27) xxxxx
 
Hi Pat.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family x x x

Thinking of you
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
So so sorry for the loss of your childhood friend. My heart hurts for you and her family especially her daughter. May she find peace in her next life. Love and prayers. JoAnne
 
Hello Pat, how are you doing?
I haven't been on here for quite a while as life has been busy.
So sorry to read that you have lost a dear friend.
I hope you are keeping well and that your family are happy and well. How are your knees doing.
I miss our chats, think of you often, hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hello Pat,
How are you?
I hope you and your family are well.
How are your knees doing? Has the Bakers cyst calmed down ?
I am very fortunate to be doing well within my knees. I have been so very lucky.
Life is hectic. I have three beautiful Grandaughters now, the latest is 8 weeks. Between them and work I am busy busy busy.
I hope you are seeing lots of your lovely grandchildren.
Love and hugs,
Toothfairy xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Toothfairy. Not getting alerts so didn't see your post. So glad things are going well for you and congrats on the birth of your new grandchild. Bet they are keeping you busy. I am finding it very hard after Anne's death. We knew each other for such a long time I still expect her to txt me and tell me about her day. As for my knees things are not too bad. My TKR knee is improving but still with little bend but it's functional. My right knee is not too bad the Bakers cyst has certainly improved and is not giving me too much pain. I still hate the thought of another TKR. Nothing changed there. I think of you often and miss our chats. You were a true friend I will always remember. You take care. Sending hugs ❤️ @Toothfairy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today my three beautiful girls and I did the Race For Life in Chester. It was in memory of my beautiful brave friend of over 50 years Anne who died five weeks ago after a long battle with cancer. I know people on here will know what an achievement this was with a TKR knee and another on the way out. We raised over £500 and I'm sure Anne was watching over us. We didn't stop and did 5k in just over an hour ❤️
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You should all be very proud! Congratulations and what a wonderful thing to do!
 
Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom