TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @robynhood ,I have a very similar little exercise bike I dusted off from the garage I love it ! I find if you put a bath mat ( rubber) underneath it - it won't slip otherwise it moves away from you ! It's great I use it listening to music or watching tv xx TC Sandra
 
Thank you for your input @Yorkshiregal54 I'm going to give it a go. I've bought so many things in the past which were absolute rubbish so I'm a little more cautious now. Have a lovely day. Take Care
 
This right knee of mine is so unpredictable. Yesterday no problem. Today I can't bend it or walk properly. The knee feels warm and very swollen at the back where the bakers cyst is. Frankly I'm FED UP OF FLIPPIN KNEES
 
:sorry:Awe Pat.... I am sorry it is acting up again. I hope the cyst decides to behave.... you deserve some pain free time. Would having that knee done get rid of the cyst?
I am having leg cramps at night. I realize it is part of the healing as I get more active and the muscles adjust to the realignment of my legs but..... it still hurts. I guess all we can do is ice and elevate, etc. Running for work this morning.... I will try to post on my thread tomorrow.
:flwrysmile: I hope you feel better, Pat.:ok: Take care.
 
Thank you for your reply Joy. These knees sure get you down sometimes and today was sure one of those days.. When you plan your day and then you cant do the things you planned its just so annoying and frustrating. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Take Care and Goid to hear from you
 
Hi Pat - just been in catching up a little - wow - amazing ups and downs, yes? I hope you feel better again soon and I'm so glad to read you are taking time and energy AND money for you now! We deserve it, don't we? I am doing well...active and having some aches and pains but nothing notable! love and hugs!!!!
 
Well today has been a little better because I've mostly rested the knee. So now I'm back to having the knee decide what sort of day I'm going to have when I had just got used to doing Anything I wanted. I have read that Bakers Cysts can just disappear on their own and I'm praying that will happen or I will have to go to my GP and arrange a steroid injection as my OS was against giving me them.. We will see how things go over the next few weeks. I know I cant put up with the pain I had yesterday when it brought me to tears. Its so disheartening when things were going so well.:hairpulling::gaah::groan:
 
I'm so sorry for what you're going through! I hope it just gets all better on its own and soon!!!
 
Hello Pat, sorry to read that your right knee is playing up again, how miserable for you.
I hope it is settling.
Did you order the pedal exerciser? I think it looks like a great idea. I still use my exercise bike regularly and really feel the benefit so I am sure that one of those would do the same thing.
Have a great weekend, I hope the family are all well,
hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hi @robynhood, I do hope that your knee has improved now and is giving you some rest. I thought I'd give you a short report from Anglesey, we arrived on Friday in beautiful sunshine and everything looked beautiful - I'm looking forward to seeing the mountains of Snowdonia again once the clouds clear. We are staying in Llanddona, which is very close to Red Wharf Bay where I think you said you would be staying, I assume you will be at the other end of the bay, near to Benlech? We went down to see the beach yesterday, it is beautiful, a massive sandy bay, if I get there when it's sunny I'll post a photo. We went to the National Trust property - Plas Newydd -yesterday, well worth a visit, they have an incredible mural by Whistler on the dining room wall. I walked to the house, and around the house, but by then my knee had had enough, so I requested the access buggy to return me to the car park, which they were more than happy to provide.
I will post more if I do anything else of interest, but the weather is not that brilliant, it might be a day to sit in and read the Sunday papers and doze after Sunday lunch.
 
Thanks for the update Ellejay. Our site is in Benllech. It's called Bodafon Caravan Park. My daughter was there at the weekend and the weather was awful. The awning was being blown away. Be thankful you are in a cottage. Really hope the weather improves for you and you have a lovely week. Take care @Ellejay
 
t's called Bodafon Caravan Park
...we passed it this afternoon, it looks really nice. The weather picked up so we went for an explore and to find a beach to walk along: This one was very close to your site.

[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
The beach looks beautiful. Tempting for nice long walks. Will have to get some practice in as I've signed up for the 5K Race for Life in Chester in July. Obviously it will be a walk for me not a run. My daughters have signed up to. My very best friend Anne is in the last stages of cancer and if I can be as brave as her then all the money I make for Cancer Research is going to be well worth it. Even if I have to finish it with my walking stick I will finish it. I just hope the Bakers cyst behaves itself


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @robynhood, I don't know whether you will get this before you go away for Easter, I meant to send it before but having a two year old in the house has kept me busy.
We had a wonderful time on Anglesey, somewhere we hadn't been before, we went with a friend who lives outside Macclesfield and she visits Anglesey quite a lot, but for us down in the south east it's a bit of a journey.
I have to recommend The Ship Inn to you, it is at one end of Red Wharf Bay, we had a lovely meal there one evening. Another good day out was to South Stack, near to Holyhead, we left the car in the first car park at Ellins Tower, and then walked to the lighthouse. I didn't fancy all the steps in the lighthouse so we didn't go up, but I was able to walk up the footpath above it and get some glorious views:

[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues


[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

The beach at Red Wharf Bay


We also enjoyed trips to the Hidden Gardens just outside Beaumaris, and to Penmon Priory, the car park fee also covered the toll charge to drive along to the beach and to yet another lighthouse, but this one isn't accessible.
I hope you have a wonderful time, do let me know what you get up to whilst there. I hope the Bakers Cyst doesn't cause too much of a problem. Looking at these photos I can't believe that I was walking so well this time last week, and now my other knee has flared up so that I can hardly move around the house.
 
Thank you so much for the lovely photos@Ellejay. It really is a beautiful place isnt it.. My daughter went to the Ship Inn and loved it and also a place called the Boathouse closeby.. On Sunday we called in at a little place called the the Bay Cafe right near the beach. That was nice too.. I'm sorry you other knee is being so troublesome. It does get you down dosent it. I was just recovering nicely after a year of problems and was getting out walking and enjoying myself when WHAM the other knee started. It just isnt fair. I'm not sure how long I will last until the next op. Each day is different and I'm managing it the best I can.. I just couldn't face another TKR just now for a lot of reasons. Please let me know how you get on. I hope you still get to France. The warm weather will really do you good. Sending you hugs and take care.
 
well getting ready for a weekend away in our caravan and hopefully have no knee problems. I aim to get in a lot of walking so hope the weather lasts. So wishing everyone a Happy Easter whatever you are doing.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Enjoy your time away! We opened our camper last weekend I enjoy my time there so much. Happy Easter to you and hope you have great weather!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
We're just packing ours up, ready to leave in the next hour, let's hope we all have a sunny and warm Easter wherever we are, xxx
 
@Ellejay - enjoy your weekend too! Happy Easter and happy camping!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
How nice are these fit flops. Highly recommended after TKR but a little too expensive for me
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom