Guest viewing is limited

TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got everything crossed Ladies ( not easy ) that it's going to last a while. I will keep walking and exercising and hope for the best.
 
Hi @robynhood ooh you made me laugh on netball knees post! The remark about grandchildren being our reward for not strangling our children when they were young....sheer class! So funny. You've cheered me up no end! X x x
 
Glad you liked that. With having six kids 3 of each I have some 'interesting memories' of the teenage years as I'm sure most of us have. Lovely lovely memories too and lots more to come.
 
The end of another week and ending on a positive note thankfully. My right knee is really behaving such a different story from 2 weeks ago. It seems things are settling down again. Today was a really nice relaxed day when I gave myself a bit of a pamper. I'm not used to doing this and always feel guilty. I've spent most of my life caring and looking after others. Having children takes the attention away from yourself. I think thats why it took me so long to actually have the TKR. I knew the family wouldn't cope without me organizing everything. Sometimes I wonder how I did it. At 42 years of age I had a baby 4'weeks old a girl of 22 months and another girl almost four. Bad enough. But I also had 3 teenage boys ages 13, 15 and 17. Since then my life was a world wind of caring cooking and crying. But now My three sons are married, 2 daughters have left home. Laura the youngest is 20, working and living her own life. So now I have time to pamper. To do my hair properly, have face masks on, look after myself and spend some money for me at last. Now I'm pain free Im exercising again, concentrating on losing more weight and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Ok it took me till I was 62 to get there but now I'm going to enjoy every minute. Woooooooo Hoooooooooooo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nana Moon we both posted at the the same time. As you can see I'm so much better. Hope you are too. Looking forward to the weekend with my daughters and grand daughter Emily coming to stay. Lovely.
 
Hi @robynhood I so live to read posts like that it gives me so much hope. You actually had you family the exact opposite to me. I was still a child when I had my first but gosh did I grow up quick. You sound very happy and content and I think that it's fabtastic that you are having some time for you. It's high time. You have given your time so freely to bringing up you family you deserve this. It's brilliant how you coped. You have done a sterling job of bringing up your children ...well done x x. Love Nana moon 27. The young man in my pic is my 18 year old grandson it was taken on his 18th birthday, last September. He was born when I was 35! A massive surprise. His mom never wanted children and has had no more since. She's made absolutely sure. He was an A* student at school and is now successfully completing an apprenticeship with Southern Scottish Electricity as a gas installation engineer. He has to travel to Portsmouth from Birmingham to College every two weeks. He used to go at age 16 on his own on the train. Now he drives down there since passing his test. He is a credit to her and as you can tell I'm so proud of him. It's a shame she never had any more but that's her choice. She's happy. Anyway I'm rambling on... Sorry ... Goodnight it's lovely to hear from you Pat xoxox love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
Well Nana Moon you have every right to feel proud of your grandson. He sounds a lovely lad. So many young people get negative comments all bunched together as lazy and getting handouts. It's just not true. So many like your grandson put in the hard work to get qualifications and get a good job. It's not fair is it. Kerry my eldest daughter works at an Estate Agents Karlea the middle on left Uni last year with a first class honours degree and works at the same place as Kerry and Laura was a wedding planner at a top hotel but has now left to work at an engineering company. I love hearing some background stories from Bonesmarties. I know we come on here to tell ourTKR story but it's also interesting to find out how we got here. Good night. Hope you have a restful sleep.
 
Hi Pat,
I've just caught up with you. What wonderful news that your knee feels better. I hope it stays that way.
Hope you have had a lovely weekend with your family.
I am enjoying having my daughter living close by and seeing my granddaughters regularly. We had the older one out this afternoon and I found myself running with her. I was amazed as I didn't expect to be running again, not too far, not too fast but still running.
Have a great week,
Hugs, Toothfairy. Xx
 
Ladies (and gentlemen) could I ask for your opinion of these pedal exercisers being sold in the Avon catalog. I was thinking you could sit and watch tv and exercise your legs at the same time. Not sure tho. They cost £15
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
@Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @robynhood

I think as long as there is no strong resistance on it, maybe adjustable? and your chair is at the correct height, why not?

Let's see what the others think.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
I would think this a great idea! Anytime you keep interested in exercising has to help. Peddling is so good I would definitely try it!
 
@robynhood please post it on my thread with my blessing. It's fine by me I promise. Anything to help, you know what I'm like X x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that @Nana moon 27 I have been checking the thread and think I will go for it. I have an exercise bike I used a lot in the first six months of recovery but it was too big really to fit in my kitchen diner and ended up as another place to hang coats on. Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom