Hoping the evening is useful, Pat @robynhood
Lovely hospital and staff, let me know what they say. I guess we're all heading down the same path sooner or later.
Not looking forward to the hospital visit tomorrow. My right knee getting worse but all the pain is at the BACK OF THE KNEE. I cant even remember if that is how my left knee started to get worse. Any suggestions anyone. Could it be a pulled muscle ( she says hopefully)
I really don't know about pain there, mine was always the grinding bone on bone pain on the medial side of the knee. I've just done a quick google and it says it could be fluid if there's pain at the back. Does it feel swollen? I've got arthritis in my shoulder now.
I had pain and swelling behind my knee. The pain went from my knee diwn my leg and i thought it was a pinched nerve. It turned out to be a bakers cyst. I believe there is info in the library. I have not had a problem since I had my tkr which seems to have corrected it! I did ice the back of my knee and elevated it. Also I stopped doing my pre surgery exercises. Good luck today!
@Dabber Thank you Sue will let you know how I get on. To be honest its an open evening so not sure if I will be able to get a one to one with Mr Banim. Its weird how soon we forget the pain before the op but I'm sure this is not the same pain as I had with the left knee. I'm so sorry to hear of your arthritis in your shoulder. Its a horrible disease that no one will how painful unless they have it. Hugs xxx
@Jozilla thanks for your reply I will certainly have a look in the library. I'm so weary of knees and pain etc. I was just beginning to enjoy walking and getting about without pain. Hopefully I will be able to talk to my consultant this evening.
Hi @robynhood, I hope you don't mind me popping into your thread - it was the title 'onwards & upwards' that caught my eye - my old school motto.
I had a RTKR in January, but my left knee has started to play up- with pain behind the knee- which was a Bakers Cyst which I had drained this morning and then had a cortisone injection - could this be your problem. It will be a few days before I find out if the procedure was successful, fingers crossed.
@Ellejay thanks so much for your post. On googling bakers cyst it does seem I have all the symptoms. I will certainly mention it tonight to my consultant. Fingers crossed your treatment works and good luck with your TKR knee too.
@Dabber Hi Sue. Well it was a very informative evening. Lovely to see Mr Banim again. He wouldn't actually make a consultation as I thought but he did ask me to make an appt with his secretary and he would have a look. Quicker than going thru my GP anyway. Will let you know the outcome. Take Care
The meeting was held upstairs in a conference room. Another consultant was there too who specialised in rheumatology. Mr Banim spoke of new custom made replacements but he wasn't using them a lot at the moment. I have an appointment with him a week Saturday which I hope will put my mind at rest. Hope you have a happily healing weekend . Hugs xx
Hi Pat,
I am pleased to hear you have an appointment fairly soon with your consultant.
I hope you get good news and they can do something easy to help your discomfort.
It is so good to know that things are moving in the right direction with your son.
Enjoy those lovely granddaughters. I am seeing mine regularly now as they have moved closer to us.
Love Toothfairy x
Thank goodness my un operated knee behaved last night. Went to see Michael Buble in Manchester and I sat, stood up for the last hour and was sooooooo grateful I had my TKR. I have been to other concerts and was in agony the whole night and had a nightmare with the stairs. Its nights like this when you know it was worth it. Now to sort my right knee out and hope its a bakers cyst and nothing else requiring a replacement just yet
Hi Pat, have you any idea why bakers cysts are so common with people who have knee problems?
Delighted to hear about your Buble night. The good outcomes are always encouraging - and the ones we had to wait for even more so.
I don't know a lot about Bakers Cysts to be honest Carol, I think they are just common with osteo arthritis. The pain is different to the bone on bone pain but I must say it brought me to tears today. It's a very intense pain.
Hi Pat, sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Have you been to your consultants appointment yet? I had a feeling it was Thursday.
I hope all is well with you, hugs, Toothfairy x
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.