TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just popping in to give my friends on Bonesmart an update. 2014 has started very well for me. First and most important thing I go to bed at night without pain, have a very good sleep then wake up NOT thinking about my knee. To me after years of pain that is quite an accomplishment. I walk two miles at least every other day, use my exercise bike daily am attending weight watchers to help with my weight loss after the scare with diabetes. I do so much more than I have done for years and that's all because of my TKR. I would like to Thank all my friends on Bonesmart who have been there for me along my journey. The moderators and Josephine have been BRILLIANT. When youre awake at four o'clock in the morning and can go online to ask questions receive answers and reassurance is an absolute godsend. I will call in from time to time see how you are. As I write this I see my walking stick in the corner of my room still. That's for when I have the right knee done which I know is a certainty sometime in the future. But with my walking and exercise I hardly get any pain from that knee at the moment. I would like to say a special mention to Sue @Dabber. You are truly the most inspirational person I know. Not content with TKR you also had a pacemaker fitted and are coping with all the horrendous setbacks of cancer. You come on here and offer comfort and advice to many never complain and you are one very brave lady. I'm sure we will meet up for a coffee one day. BONESMART you are the BEST. Keep on doing what you are doing. So thanks to @Toothfairy @KathyH@Jacky48@micha@DabberTHANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU
 
Pat, what a great report!:yay: I'm so happy to hear about all the positive things in your life, and the progress you've made with your knee. To say that this TKR is a challenge is putting it mildly at times, and you my dear have been challenged enough. It seems like 2014 is allowing you to make a lot of life changes, and all for the good! I wish you continued success my friend!:friends:
 
That is a lovely message, Pat. Soooooo glad you are doing really really well :yay: It's always good to hear from you. I can't explain properly the satisfaction I feel at having had this TKR. It's a long tough road to recovery, but worth it. WE are worth it :heehee: :flwrysmile:
 
What a kind thing to say Pat, thank you. :friends:

We will meet up before too long. I had my 3 weekly blood test and meeting today. All is going according to plan and I'll have my 5th chemo out of 8 on Thursday. After 8 sessions I go onto 2 monthly maintenance therapy, an infusion of antibody to prolong remission.

Once I'm out of the woods, I'll pm you. I'm so looking forward to resuming some of my hobbies and seeing my grandchildren regularly again.

Pleased things are looking good for you, you've been a great support to me too :console2: and I thank you sincerely for that and for Bonesmart, a forum that's one in a million.
 
Hello Pat, what a wonderful and uplifting post. I am so delighted for you. You really deserve good times.
I am delighted that your knee is pain free at night, what a blessing.
Good to hear that you are keeping fit and going to weight watchers. A really inspirational post.
You have been such a support to so many people on this forum.
You have had your challenges along the way with your recovery from your TKR so now to read that it is doing so well will give great encouragement to so many people on the forum.
You are a star, hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Great to get the update Pat. Stories with happy endings are my favourite and yours certainly seems to fit the bill. You mention the other knee. You know they say that no two knees are the same. I bet when/if you have to have the other one done it will be a doddle. In the mean time bask in the glory of your new life without pain. You deserve it. xx Carol
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
@robynhood, what a great update! Just so happy for you that you have joined those of us who are really happy we had this surgery. It is life changing for the better. You sound happy and upbeat---just love it!

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
 
Oh Pat - that was such a great report - I am so happy for you and smile in agreement and understanding of all your milestones and gratefulness....how wonderful! And you are awesome to tackle all the eating and exercising so well! I am happy to have you as my bonesmartie bestie! You take good care and I send nothing but love and thumbs up and best wishes!! :bicycle1:
 
Hello Pat, how are you doing?
I hope things are still going well for you with your knee, your exercise and weight loss and with life in general.
I think about you often. I don't get on here much at the moment as work seems to take up so much time. I can't believe it's almost a year since my first knee replacement.
Stay safe and be happy.
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hi @Toothfairy nice to hear from you. I'm doing good thanks. The exercise and diet continues and my knee gets stronger by the day. My daughter reminded me the other day when I used to say "Please let me have one day - just one day without pain. Now it's every day and it feels so GOOD. I'm pleased you are doing well and I often think of the days when Bonesmart was such a major part of our lives and Defnitley part of our recovery. We kept each other going didn't we. Things are progressing well on the family front too I see Robyn and Emily often and it's lovely. Nice of you to drop by. Don't work too hard. Sending you warmest hugs xx
 
Ditto to all of the above, Pat. I was thinking of us all and what a big help Bonesmart was. My knee is so much better. Not perfect but pretty darn good and life is sweet.
 
That is wonderful news about the girls Pat, I am so very happy for you.
Stay safe and dry in this wet and miserable weather.
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Wow had to dig deep to find my thread. Not been on for a while even tho I do pop in and see how people are doing. Bit concerned about knee number 2. Not sure if I've pulled a muscle while exercising as the pain is more in the back of the knee and it's quite swollen there. Definitely not the agonising bone on bone pain I had with the first knee. Hoping to have a word with my consultant next week and see what he thinks. The thought of a second op frankly scares me to death. It's such a long recovery and I will have no help at home this time as my daughter who looked after me is now working and not at Uni where she could have time off. Am I putting off the inevitable?????? Maybe:yahoo:
 
Hello Pat, lovely to hear from you.
Like you I am not on here much but do pop by to check on people when I can.
Sorry to hear that knee two is troubling you. I hope it is something straightforward that will settle. Maybe some resting, icing and elevating will help, sound familiar?
I hope you are keeping well and that family life is good.
I am finding life very hectic at the moment. My daughter, her partner and their family have just moved close to us a few days ago so it has been hectic helping them move in and get settled. It was my granddaughters 5th birthday yesterday and it was wonderful to have them nearby and to be a part of the birthday celebrations.
Take care of yourself, I think about you often,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
 
Hi TF good to hear from you . So pleased your daughter has moved closer to you. I know how you enjoy seeing your family and grand daughters . I see the girls often now and it's so good. My son and I are making baby steps but we are getting there. It seems so long ago now how often we posted on bS and kept each other going. Im quite jealous you've had both knees done as I know it's inevitable. I will let you know how I get on at the hospital Thursday. Take Care my bonesmartie friend and have a lovely weekend.
 
Good luck at the hospital, Pat.... I Hope all is good to delay #2 for a bit. I figure it is kinda like having kids... a little space between lets you forget the tough parts! lol:wink:
It was great recovering with you and our own little BS group.... It was nice to have you drop by and say Hi to my thread. I am glad you are seeing you granddaughters a lot. Marianne- Brownie51 was posting about her sweet new grandson too. I am a bit jealous. Maybe some day.... :whistle:
Well take care and I will chat with you when I pop in. :SUNsmile:
 
Not going until this Thursday Carol and I wish. I'm not afraid to admit I am dreading the thought of another op. Will let you know how I get on tho. Keep everything crossed :heehee:
 
I am dreading the thought of another op.

You are a veteran now Pat. You know pretty much everything there is to know about the best way to recover. First time round you felt you didn't have enough physio. Next time round you can do it by Josephine's book.

But I do know exactly how you feel. You will just have to hang on to all the sensible, positive things you have said many times to other bonesmarties. You take care. Carol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom