TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
If youre only working part time hours I personally would give it a go Carol.

Thank you for your good advice. I will be taking the job, even if it is only for 6 months until I have the op on my other knee. You are a massive benefit to BS Pat. You would make a wonderful addition to the team of Moderators. For selfish reasons I hope you are still here when I come back. Best wishes. Carol
 
O i will still be here Carol knee number 2 got to be done sometime in the future. Glad I was a help. Going to pop over to you thread now. See how you got on. patient 99
 
Hi Pat,
How are you today? How was the physio yesterday?
I hope you are looking after yourself and feeling a bit better.
I have had a hectic week as I have had the family here. They are off home tomorrow which will leave me a couple of hours to catch up with myself before I am back to work on Monday morning. I feel like I could do with a week off before I go back but no such luck. I do envy all the retired bonesmarties!
Have a great week. Hopefully once I catch up with myself this week life will be quieter and I can catch up with my bonesmart friends.
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Thanks for your post Toothfairy things not really improving to be honest. Getting more complicated by the day which dosent really help the healing process. Im baffled and confused by the whole thing. Had a very busy day out at a theme park yesterday so resting today. Hope things are better at work. Dont overdo it. Surely you should be getting a date soon for knee number 2.
 
Hi Pat, sorry to hear things are not improving. Hope you had that restful day.
My day at work was better than I expected.
I had a phone call from the hospital last week, still no date but I have been offered local private hospital. It is with a different consultant but his credentials are impressive so I have said yes. I hope I have done the right thing. It should be in September sometime and hopefully they will be in touch with a date soon.
Keep your chin up,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning Pat,
How is your knee doing these days? Have you been back to physio?
I have had a reduction in swelling the last few days, I presume it is just due to time passing and healing continuing. I am not complaining.
Have a good day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi TF. I cancelled my physio. It just wasnt doing anything. I went in. Took me to the gym. Told me to do a few exercises and that was it. Took ten minutes. Im not really in the right frame of mind at the moment. So looking forward to my weekend away. No kids to be seen. Last time I was in Cornwall i came home and booked the TKR so this has got to be better. Im glad your swelling has eased. I really dont know how you cope with working as well. I do get bored some days being at home but taking it easy when youre tired and swollen is very good. I hope you have a brilliant weekend. Enjoy the rest.
 
I hope the sun shines on you this weekend, enjoy. Watch out for the ice cream stealing seagulls!
TF x
 
Hi Pat, I am just popping by to say hello. I hope you have had a great weekend away.
Have a great week. Hugs,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Hi TF. Just got back an hour ago and had a fantastic weekend away. The site we stayed on at Perranporth was lovely as was the place itself. Beaches were so clean and the water so blue. We also visited Port Issac, Falmouth, St Ives and Truro. My knees have been good and I enjoyed it so much more than last time I visited Cornwall and came home and booked my TKR. Best of all it got me away from the tensions here and I needed that so much. So heres to a good week, Thank you for asking and I hope you have a good one and GET THAT DATE SOON. TAKE CARE X X X X X
 
Great to hear you had a good weekend, Pat. Sounds like you got around. And the weather was kind to you too - which is always a bonus. What a beautiful day it's been today. So unlike a typical August Bank Holiday Monday.

Our granddaughter, Ria, got her GCSE results last week and they were brilliant. She did so well and we are all very proud of her. So we all went out for a carvery yesterday to celebrate. She did want to do child psychology, but since Rayan was born, she has decided she wants to work in the babies IC unit. So I presume she will have to do nursing training first.
 
Just catching up, glad you had a good weekend away and the knees behaved. We've been to Harrogate, knee good whilst there, swollen back home the first day.
Speak again soon.
Sue.:happydance:
 
I am so pleased for you Pat. Sometimes a change of scene can work wonders.
S you have booked knee 2, congratulations. Do you have a date?
We might manage to be recovery buddies again.
Must go as work beckons.
Catch up later,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yay:
 
No no no TF. Last time I went to Cornwall my knee was so bad I came home and booked the TKR. NOT this time. OhNo . Not ready for another one yet.mwould have been nice to be TKR buddies again but I honestly dont feel ready yet. And weirdly I still think of my right knee as my good knee. Have a good day. X
 
Hi Dabber glad you enjoyed the weekend away too. My knee is swollen today too but not as much as my ankles and feet.they have been swollen all weekend. Im sure its because we did a lot more walking and nothing else. My BP is still lower than it used to be so thats good. Lets hope we have a nice week ahead of us x
 
Hi KathyH pleased Ria did well. Its so nice to feel proud of our kids and grandkids isnt it. Fit to burst. Im sure she will do well whichever career path she chooses. Back to reality today. Unpacking washing etc etc. Toothfairy thought I had booked my next TKR and it sent a shiver down my spine just reading it. So not ready for number 2 yet. Hope you have a lovely week. Dont work too hard. X
 
Hi Pat.... Just dropped in to catch up, it has been a while..... I can relate with the soreness behind your knees. I was out cleaning up our back deck last weekend. Everyone in the house just kept pitching empty recycling, empty pop and beer cans and not returning them when the containers were full... just keep chucking them on.... I was cleaning up a mess built up from before my/our surgery. Two days of being bent over with my knees bent to protect my back picking up all of the stuff and sorting it. Owwww! Suddenly my hamstring was cramping and very sore, guess I have not used those muscles in that position for awhile.:groan: A couple of days later all was well, but I still have to finish the job. You know, we favored the bad knees for a long time and it will take as long to rebuild the muscles and ligaments that had been so badly neglected or damaged and now are starting to do their job again. I find I refer to my knees as the bad knee:sad: and the new knee:yes: .
I am sorry to hear about the family drama you were dealing with. Sometimes it is hard to not say something when our experience tells us there is a pitfall ahead and we feel we must say something, but there is a time for them to make their own mistakes and just be there to listen and advise after the fact... :whistle:They do need to learn from their own mistakes at times. I love both of my children (early 30s) but there are times when I do not like them very much or at least I not what they say or do. My tongue bleeds from biting it.:hairpulling: It will get better.
Glad you had a good trip. It is amazing how a getaway or outing can make us feel renewed.
Take care my friend:flwrysmile: .
 
Hi Pat, sorry for giving you a funny turn after I misinterpreted your post this morning! That's what happens when you are reading posts quickly before work.
Yo told me to get a date and I have! I had a phone call today asking me to go on Thursday at 4pm, rather shorter notice than I expected but I said yes.
I am feeling slightly shellshocked but I will need to get my head round it tomorrow and get myself organised.
I am waiting to hear when I have to go for a pre op assessment , it will have to be either tomorrow or Thursday morning. It's exciting and scary all at once.
Catch up soon, Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :happydance: :yikes:
 
O TF im shaking for you. Good Luck tho. I know you have been waiting for this for a while. What a surprise tho. I guess its better than waiting for weeks on end. I will be your support when you come home and you can complain to me all you want.. I wont lecture you on exercises because you are so good at doing them every day. You put me to shame. Hope the pre op goes well as Im sure it will. Just get packed. You know what to expect this time. Not sure if its good or bad but you had a very good first TKR so heres to number 2. Hugs
 
Thanks Pat, I am all at sixes and sevens at the moment but I am going to get organised tomorrow after a good nights sleep. I'm off for a shower with my pre op wash.
TF x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom