TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toothfairy Oh wow. I know how you feel in a smaller way, I had less than a day before my pacemaker fitting 2 weeks ago, was it a cancellation like mine? I didn't even get a pre-op. Take care, it can hit you afterwards but it's good to get it over and done with.
Sue.:friends:

Thanks Sue, I seem to have been waiting for ages, I signed up for this one in early May. I had my Pre op assessment at the beginning of June and have been waiting for a date since then.
I was expecting it to be September/October now..
I honestly don't know if it was a cancellation, I think it must have been but I was so stunned I didn't think to ask!
It will be good to get on with it.
I need to get my brain in gear tomorrow and work out what I need to take with me.
I am sure it will be fine.
I hope your recovery is progressing smoothly.
Sorry Pat robynhood for hijacking your thread.
Hugs Toothfairy. X

Pat, I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful weekend away! It does help to get away when other things are heavy on your mind and in your heart. (((HUGS)))

You had me laughing when Toothfairy gave you shivers up your spine when she thought you had an appointment for your next TKR, I swear I could see a clear picture of you cringing! :yikes:

Lol, thought I had missed something when I read TF's post :heehee:

Getting all that washing done after time away isn't very good, but someone has to do it. And it's usually us women, lol.

Isn't this weather lovely at the mo? I don't think we can complain too much for our weather this summer. It's the best we're going to get :whistle:

Only doing a two and a half day week at work this week. Am off until next Tuesday after I finish at lunchtime tomorrow. Our year end finishes at the end of September, so I have a few days to use up before we go to Cyprus for Kelly's wedding. If we don't use it, we lose it and I'm dammed if I don't take all my holiday entitlement. We're not allowed to carry any over to the next year.

Been busy this past week designing Kelly's wedding reception invitations. The reception is just under two weeks after we get back. Have spent literally hours doing different designs on the computer and she didn't like the first few, but I did two more over the weekend and she finally chose one of those, which is also my favourite one. Here's a picture:

broken wood final.jpg

She's going for a vintage theme.

Oooo arent you clever KathyH. Thats really nice and really professional. I really dont know how you keep going with all these weddings, work and sorting the house duties out. No wonder youve lost weight. Important question...... Have you got your outfit sorted yet. You looked so lovely for your sons wedding. Really stunning. I lost 2lbs over the weekend and that because of all the walking we did. Didnt really watch what I ate thats for sure. Mark and Charlotte went to court today. Got another hearing September 18th as theyve both made statements. Poor Robyn. hopefully I will see her soon. Charlotte is bringing her round for tea one night. Have a lovely few days off before you go to Cyprus. Lets hope the sun lasts for you. Weve been. Very lucky. Take care and hugs x x x

Our granddaughter, Ria, got her GCSE results last week and they were brilliant. She did so well and we are all very proud of her.
:goodpost:
That is wonderful news Kathy. the wedding invite is gorgeous too. You are very clever.
You are having such a busy and wonderful time this summer. Giving that new knee a good work out.
Hope the wedding goes well and look forward to seeing photos of you all dressed up again.
Hugs Toothfairy. :egypdance: :SUNsmile:

Good morning Pat,
Great news about Robyn coming to tea. That will be wonderful for you and for Robyn. I know you will love every minute.
I feel the same when I see my granddaughters, when the oldest one runs to me and squeezes me half to death it is just wonderful.
Great news about your weight loss too. I am proud of you.
I am only 6lbs from my target weight now. Won't be sticking to my eating plan for the next few weeks!
Have a great day,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :yay:

I hope you had a lovely day today and aren't too exhausted.
Sue.

Hi Sue Dabber. I had the most lovely day with Robyn. I didnt think of the blessed knee all day I just had fun with her. She is just so funny and makes me smile all the time she was here. When her Mum came to collect her we were in the middle of a jewellery party on my bed and I had at least 15 bracelets on and 10 necklaces. Just the distraction I needed. Hope you had a good day and an even better weekend. We are off to Anglesey on Sunday to see if we can find a site to put our tourer for the season. Hope the sun stays out to play. Take care :SUNsmile: :friends:

That is wonderful news Pat, it's must have given you such a boost.
That is the joy of being a granny, you get to do all the fun stuff and just enjoy their company.
I hope that you can soon get a bit more certainty about seeing Robyn regularly. It sounds promising.
Hugs Toothfairy x :kittykiss:

Aw Pat, your time with Robyn sounds like such fun, you put a smile on my face!

I hope your Sunday goes well, and you find the perfect site for the season. :thumb:

You won't believe this, but I've never been to Anglesey. If you find a good site, I'll bring a bottle of wine to toast Bonesmarties!
:cheers:

Yaaaay I will keep you to that. Its very popular there at the moment with Prince William working and living there until recently. My daughter is there at the moment at her boyfriends Mum and Dads caravan. She says its beautiful.

Good morning Pat, what a gorgeous photo. Two beautiful girls. I think there is a strong family resemblance.
Magic moments to treasure,
Have a great day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :ok:

Well up at 5.30 this morning. For some reason my knee was really painful. Didnt do much yesterday to justify it. Had breakfast and painkillers hoping for a catch up now. Have a good Monday everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom