Guest viewing is limited

TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Hi Pat, I am just popping by to say hello. I am travelling to London by train today.
Just had a lovely few days with family and went to a lovely family wedding yesterday. It was right in the centre of Edinburgh and the festival was on so it was a great place to be. Danced for the first time since my TKR, even managed a ' Gay Gordon's ' ( a traditional Scottish country dance'. )
Great fun, caught up with lots of family but not a lot of sleep.
I hope you are well,
Hugs, Toothfairy. X :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Toothfairy pleased to hear you had a good time in Scotland. The gay gorden a. I remember doing that dance when i was at school. Seem to remember quite a lot of skipping so well done. Have a great time in London. Dont get too tired tho. Good to hear from you.
 
Hi Pat, just checking in and wishing you well kiddo! :friends: Sorry to hear that your right knee is giving you grief, not fair! :no-fin: I hope your left knee continues to improve my friend! :console2:
 
Hi Jacky48 Really Good to hear from you. Yes Ive got a right old moody right knee but its not constant days differ. My left knee continues to improve which is nice. Hows your knees. Hopefully getting better week by week. Sending you love and hugs from the UK. Keep getting jiggy with it haha
 
Yes Pat, every day is a new day with this recovery process. My knee are mostly good, but every now and then they like to kick up their heels and tightness takes over for a bit. Mostly however we get along and get jiggy with it! :heehee: Stay well kiddo, and (((HUGS))) back at you my friend!
 
Well after telling people on the forum my recovery is going well today my knee is angry and swollen and I havent got an ankle Ive got a fatankle. Not very nice at all. These knees are so fickle. Just when you think you are doing well.............
 
I hate the fatankle Pat, it's so stiff! :hissy: I take a water pill and HB meds to fight it. I hope your fatankle gets better quickly my friend, and I hope your knee starts to behave quickly as well kiddo! Then you can continue to get "jiggy with it"! :egypdance:
 
Oh no, and you were icing it. Naughty ankle. Sometimes I think I need a bigger slipper for one foot, well most evenings actually!
 
And things were going so well. Never mind. Another day tomorrow. Hopefully wake up with slimmer ankles and not feeling like my get up and go has got up and scarpered.
 
How is the ankle today? I had another sleepless night until 4 am, these things come out of the blue! A nap this afternoon, I think! :)
 
Hi Sue, Not as swollen today but my knee is still very sore. I really dont knw what Ive done to it. Its behind the knee so cud be sprained ligaments maybe. Im having a resting day which is very rare these days. Hope you fit in a nap today. 4oclock is not a good time to wake but most of us do at some point. Take care.
 
Have you iced behind the knee, I think I've read that? I hope it settles. I ought to find something to make with a thousand and one courgettes today other than compost! Compost is quite tempting though! I will get some sleep too Zzzzz.
Sue :heehee:
 
Yeah icing back and front of knee and taking more painkillers than I have done for a while. Feels like groundhog day.
 
Well just had the WORST weekend ever. Not because of my knee. Because of family problems I got really upset which got so bad I had my first ever panic attack and my BP which has been so good lately soared. And my knees are feeling it. Why is that. Is it just because we feel so bad in ourselves it transmits to our poorley knee. I couldnt walk up the stairs properly which I have been doing for months now. It was too much effort. I have no energy and feel completly drained. Sure not looking forward to physio on Tuesday.
 
Oh Pat and you were coming along so well. I wonder if you are going to have to think long and hard about adopting a coping strategy that enables you to deal with problems, including family problems - it might be as simple as just finding yourself a quiet place, putting on some relaxing music and telling yourself to be calm. Since I had my TKR I have noticed that I am much more inclined to let things go. I think that's not uncommon, particularly with people who have gone through great trauma - and you have had your fair share. May be its easier for me to say. I don't have 6 children and grandchildren to worry about. But even so.

You ask if stress impacts on your knees. It does for me. I have noticed if I get annoyed and angry it immediately irritates my knee. I don't know the medical reason for this. But its probably the tension that builds up.

I am sure you have been, seen and done as much, if not more, than most. So let me turn the tables. If I had sent your message, what advice would you give me? Carol
 
Hello Pat, I am so sorry to hear about your bad weekend. Life is sometimes just not fair.
I am here if you want to let off steam. Sending a hug and hoping things settle.
It is so hard when things are going badly on the family front.
I hope you can have a restful day today and can have some 'me' time.
Love and hugs coming your way,
Toothfairyx
 
patient 99 Thank you for your kind post. Yes with six kids theres always a little drama but never as bad as this weekend. What would I tell you to do??? Im sure I would say, youve been thru a major op, think of yourself at 61 years old I think you deserve that and dont let them get you down. Easy to say I know but when youre confronted with situations like the weekend it is very upsetting. When youre told youre a bitter old woman who dosent like to see people happy from one of youre own its devestating and it just came out of the blue. Today my knee is awful. I want to get out and walk and clear my head but its pouring down with rain. Thanks again for posting Carol. I like your idea of turning the tables and asking what I would advise. Good therapy that.
 
Thank you Toothfairy. Things seemed to be going so well and then out of the blue exploded at the weekend. I dont see a way back from this and thats a shame when its your kids. Im taking soe time out for myself now. Thanks for caring.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom