TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pat,
This is my first post on the forum. I was reading your thread during the wee small sleepless hours last week. I live quite close to you and had my RTKR just 8 weeks ago in the same hospital, but with a different surgeon (NHS).
I am sad your physio was so poor, but hope it is now improving and that you have a lovely break away for your anniversary.
 
Hi Dabber. Nice to hear from you. So you had your op at the Nuffield too. I will be interested to see how your physio goes. My phisio was in Ellesmere Port and was truly awful. Mine was NHS too and my treatment in hospital was excellent. Certainly missed the meals when I got home and my husband cooked. I guess at 8 weeks you are still hurting quite a bit.please keep in touch. Its nice to have someone local.
 
It's funny, I come from Notts originally so I'm more a Robin Hood than a Dabber who is someone born where we live now.
Yes, I was in the Nuffield Hospital, weren't we lucky :SUNsmile: The food was wonderful but unfortunately I had no appetite whilst I was in hospital. I kept asking for fruit, cheese or a jacket potato, it broke my heart!
My physio is local, it started just 7 days after my op. I've just been given a 4 week break after 110 ROM but my knee has swollen again and I'm sure the ROM has reduced. I'm going to consult my GP this week.
Have you contacted the hospital again? Do they discharge us after 3 months?
Are you managing with your other knee? Mine had grade 3 osteoarthritis a few years ago but is fairly stable, touch wood!

Sue.
 
O my right knee is fading fast. I just dont want another op just yet. My consultant Mr Banim saw me six weeks after my op and I have another appt with him in November just 12 months after my op. He wanted to give me an appt for second op in February but I said no thanks. My ROM is awful not yet to 100 but Im still trying. Had another day out today this time in Southport and my knees did me proud so im pleased with that.
 
Did you find it good to suddenly realise the arthritis pain had gone? I had my first walk of any distance yesterday, wow no grinding arthritis pain! Does your knee feel very tight and stiff? I had a 6 week appointment and have a 3 month one too.
I can understand you wanting to wait for the next knee.
Our youngest has just graduated by the way, congrats on your daughter's :yay:
Sue.
 
To be honest my knee differs day to day. Yessss that horrible grinding bone on bone pain has gone which is brilliant and sometimes I can go for days and days with no pain or tight feeling and then a couple of days its back again. I really think that can go for at least a year or more. Thanks for the congrats. Such a proud moment when your child graduates isnt it. Karlea has a job in Chester now so shes good for now. What was your consultants name. Did you like him. I liked everything about Nuffield.
 
Happy Monday today. I love having busy weekends and not paying for it on the Monday. My numb area dosent seem to be improving at all. Still feels weird when shaving my legs etc. but if thats all I have to complain about at the moment then Im happymwith that.
 
Happy Monday to you too Pat, life gradually returns to normal :)
I am sitting with an ice pack on my knee for the first time in a while as my knee is a bit stiff tonight.
Hope you have a happy Tuesday too,
Hugs, TF x :happydance: :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks TF. Sorry youre having problems at work. Hope the situation does get better soon. Did you have a busy weekend. Is that why your knee is stiff today or maybe just been on it too much today. Im liking the cooler weather today but last night we had a power cut and our electricity went off for ten minutes. Long time since that happened. Sending you hugs. Keep icing. Feel better tomorrow
 
Hi Pat,
I had a busy day at work, probably too much sitting at the computer and not enough moving around.
I try hard to move regularly but when it gets very busy it is difficult. It's feeling much better with some ice.
I did have a very busy weekend, I have been catching up with all the laundry etc before we head off the Scotland on Wednesday.
I am liking the cooler weather too although it is getting muggy here tonight. I am longing for cooler nights so I can sleep better again.
Hope you don't have any more power cuts.
Thanks for the hugs, appreciated. I imagine my knee will be stiff by the time we drive from the south coast to Scotland. I keep reminding my husband that we need to make lots of stops.
Take care, TF x :flwrysmile:
 
Hi,
My consultant was Mr K, a really lovely kind man. I first saw him at the Runcorn treatment centre just before it closed. Did you go there, another lovely hospital and so efficient?
Argh to the electricity, it's annoying having to reset everything. Our gas goes off all day today....again. They're renewing pipes all along our lane. Today they dig up our drive.....
I'll try to start my own thread today.
Had a bad and weepy day yesterday.
Sue :umm:
 
We all have the weepy days but I hope you feel better today. Yes I went to Runcorn for mt steriod injections before it closed. I saw a lovely consultant who everyone just called thomass. He was so nice. I will look out for your thread. Take care.
 
Well we could be talking about the same man! He told me he was hoping to work at the Nuffield and I could see him there, otherwise I'd never have known about the hospital. My GP had ruled out our local hospital but I could have gone to the specialist orthopaedic hospital at Oswestry.
I'm much better today, thanks. I saw the GP and he gave me a month's supply of Celebrex. I'll add in Paracetamol as and when.
I have an old exercise bike that I've started using. How is your exercise/physio coming along? I'm the least sporty person on the planet.
Sue :bicycle1:
 
Oh yes thats him. He was always so polite and pleasant. Im like you very very non sporty. I have an exercise bike in the kitchen/diner that I go on twice a day for 20 mins at a time but only when I havent been out walking a lot. I dont do both. Ive got physio tomorrow. In the gym. Measure my ROM. O Joy. I will let you know how I get on.
 
Oooo, let us know how you get on! My physio is lovely, I was able to request him as I'd seen him pre-op and also he took me through a very disabling shoulder break about 3 years ago. I have felt very fortunate with both my Consultant and Physiotherapist. They really are one's lifeline and I think far too many don't realise how important their approach to patients is.
You're doing well with the bike. Do you get tired easily still, I'm sure I will?
Sue :)
 
O my goodness. Physio was suposed to be yesterday not today. Had to book appt for two weeks so middle of August.. I will just keep up with my exercises and what I have been doing. Raining all day. Went shopping and left my purse at home. And bad news from a friend. So all together not a good day for me. :sorry: :sad: :scare:
 
Oh dear, not a good day at all :hairpulling: . Hoping your friend will be OK.
Sue
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
:giggle: :rofsign: :rotfl: :wink: Found this and it made me giggle thinking about the last time I tried it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom