TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pat, I have just caught up with you. We have been away since Monday morning having a few days break.
What lovely news, I am delighted to hear that your hard work with the physio is paying off. That is a brilliant improvement. Slow and steady will get you there.
I love your cross stitch, it is gorgeous. You are very clever. Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Another good weekend with my knee behaving itself. Today we went to the beach for the day. Walked along the pier..walked into the town and then had a really long walk back to where the car was parked. And I actually did it without pain or discomfort which is the first time Ive enjoyed a day out like that for at least 8 years. Felt very proud of myself......... And my new knee. Ive cursed it, hated it, loathed it but now I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
 
Great post Pat, I am so pleased for you. Hopefully this is the start of things getting easier for you.
Have a great week and keep loving that knee,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Thank you TF. Hope things are going ok for you at work. Hows your knee progressing now. I cant believe you havent got a date for your next op yet. You had to wait a while for the last one as I remember. I really miss having our chats on here but am pleased you have got your normal life back again. Hope youre enjoying this lovely weather. Toothfairy
 
Hi Pat,
I am doing well thanks. My knee is great. I had a few days away last week and we did a lot of walking, two 7 mile walks and two 4 mile walks over the four days away. I was a bit stiff and my knee was swollen by the time I got home but after a days rest it is good to go again. I am still on my exercise bike most days.
No idea what my bend is but it does everything I need it to so I have no complaints.
I will be pleased when I get a date for my surgery, the waiting is tedious.
Work is challenging, never enough time.
I am loving the sunshine but personally I could do with it to be a bit cooler. Hopefully it will be cooler by the time I have my other knee done.
Have a great week, hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
That is great news Pat, you are on a roll! You really deserve this. Enjoy every minute.
Keep these posts bookmarked for easy access after knee two!
Have a great week,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:
 
Oh Pat I am SO happy for you! Finally! Good for you, you deserve this! xoxo
Thank you micha youve been there for most of my journey. Especially in the new year when we had out little exercise club going. Its been so long for me but at last I seem to be getting somewhere. Thank you. Youve been a good friend. Very supportive. How are you doing. Still cycling most days. Our weather is going to change now. Back to storms. Be nice to be a bit cooler. Take care
 
O Toothfairy now youve gone and spoilt it talking about knee number 2. I really really dont want another TKR. I just cant focus on it like you are, waiting for your date. The thought of waiting 40 weeks to think I was getting somewhere is really terifying. I keep thinking exercise the right knee too and it wont need replacing. Ha I know its not going to work but it keeps me happy for now.
 
Grovelling apologies Pat! :whistle: My comment was meant as a positive for the future! I won't mention it again. :blush:
I will say on my part that at the time I did knee one I was really up for getting on and doing both. Now I have my life back and am very active it is a really daunting prospect starting over. I keep telling myself that I have recovered well from knee one and I can do it again but I am very aware that no two recoveries are the same. :yikes:
When I was doing all my walking last week knee two was reminding me that it needs replacing. I will be fine once I get a date, it is the hanging around that is difficult,
Have a happy day, hugs, Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi! I am doing pretty well - can't get much riding here in the heat and wind but I "try" to get exercise in most days. My knee is doing well, needs ice and a rest sometimes, but mostly good. I was able to ride in Cape Cod! Fun trails. I will be going back to California and maybe Colorado to get some riding in and maybe by then our weather here will turn! I love being outside so much that I wonder why I am living in the desert! Keep doing so well - I love reading about all your progress and goings on! xoxo
 
Well today is my 24th wedding annivesary and by far the present this year is my new knee. Yes its nice to receive all the flowers and chocolates ( goodbye diet for now) but to be able to go go out at weekends with my husband and enjoy the day out rather than being in agony all day and desperatly looking for places to sit is a joy to me. Our weekend to Cornwall is coming up soon and I cant wait. Have a lovely weekend everyone.
 
Happy anniversary Pat, I hope you have had a lovely day. 24 years is a real achievement.
Where are you going in Cornwall? I love Cornwall, St Ives is my favourite.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
I love st ives too TF. We tried to get somewhere in St Ives for the bank holiday but everywhere was booked up. So we are going to a site called Perran Sands which is in the village of Perranport. Its close to Truro. Im really looking forward to it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom