TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat, I'm with you on that one. I had no physio in the first five weeks and I must admit to not pushing myself in those early days. I know I took the BS mantra of rest, ice and elevate a tad too far. I was very swollen and stiff and was scared to do too much - all I could hear was 'you can't bend a swollen knee'.

I'm glad you've finally got more physio, although I'm very surprised you're going back in two weeks. They should be seeing you once a week. Can you not ask for that next time?

The first physio I had, was local and she really pushed me to the extreme. But when I started physio at my local hospital that one was much gentler and I was more impressed with her exercises. I should have carried on going, but then Rayan was born and we had the scary time and it got pushed to the back of everything.

I know only too well how lack of progress is deflating, but I think if you carry on with the stretching exercises at home, together with the exercise bike and walking, you will do fine. And you're doing sooooo well with your weight loss, Twiggy :heehee:
 
Thank you Jacky48 Hopper and KathyH its nice to have your friendship and support. I was a little downheartened this morning but you pick yourself up and start again. I guess I should never have left it so long but I had to wait 8 weeks for my first visit to advanced phyisio then a further 6 weeks for my appt today. I will ask for weekly appts. Its ten days for the next one. I will show this knee whos boss. More determined than ever. Thank you again my bonesmartie friends. I really really appreciate your support. Hugs to youball.
 
You bet you'll show that knee who's boss! :thumb: Like my daughter use to say to her big brother "Your not the boss of me!" whenever he would try to tell her what to do. :heehee: That knee belongs to YOU, you don't belong to IT! :thumb:
 
Hi Pat! I hope you are feeling happier and a little less disheartened - I have read all over this site about people who got huge improvements later on so I hope that will happen for you. Not being able to bend your knee is a real pain in the booty (and knee) and makes everything harder. Your bicycle will help you - I promise! You don't have to make it difficult or put it at a high tension - it's time and making as many rotations as possible. Also, as you improve, if you can lower your seat you will push your ROM even more. I hope you get as much support as you need from going to physio - it's so important to have someone encouraging you - I know the work we did together really helped me a lot. OK I'm sending hugs and lots of ROM improvement your way - tell that knee who is boss! :friends:
 
ONE VERY PROUD MUM TODAY WITH A SPRING IN MY STEP. MY DAUGHTER KARLEA WHO WAS SO NERVOUS ABOUT HER UNI RESULTS FOUND OUT SHE HAS A FIRST CLASS WITH HONOURS DEGREE IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT. WE ARE SO SO PROUD OF HER. ITS BRIGHTENED MY DAY.
 
bottomshollow i would love it if you could find me a new avatar. Ive looked and couldnt see anything. Youre the expert. I love the avatars you find for people. Thanking you x x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
Pat to your daughter on her outstanding accomplishment! Can just imagine how proud of her you are----busting your buttons:heehee: .


I'll be happy to try and find a new avatar for you----but I need a little help. Do you have anything specific in mind. If not, what kind of things do you think best represent you? Just give me a clue or two to work with.

robynhood
 
Ok im family orientated, love sewing, knitting etc good sense of humour so something comical would be nice something that would liken to my online name robin hood anything at all. Im open to all suggestions
 
robynhood, I have done three avatars that come from your user name. I will see about a funny one for you, too. This way you can change from time to time.
They are already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested them. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
or
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
or
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Thank you Miss Judy B. Love it Love it Love it x x x Ive saved all three so I can change from time to time. You are the Avatar Master. :thankyou:
 
Started my new exercises this week and WOW my leg is complaining. I cant believe I was never given stretching exercises before. Im 9 months out now and my poor muscles are screaming even tho I ice and elevate after the end of the set of exercises and bike. Toothfairy shared with me some of her exercises but none like this. Bending my knee back as far as it will go with the help of a towel around my ankle. You can feel the strain on the muscles. She advised doing them three times a day with bike but for now I think that's too much because of my lack of exercises over the months just the bike so I am starting off 2 times a day until my leg gets used to it. Im hoping its not too late and I get angrier by the day by the lack of my physio care.
 
I LOVE your avatar! Toothfairy did a great job! I hope your muscles and knee calm down as you get used to the movement again. If I do something new I always feel it a lot! i'm back home and not riding in this 120 degree heat so today I am going to have to use the gym - ugh - I know I will be whining. Take good care of you! xo
 
Hi Pat , I have just been catching up with your post.
What wonderful news about your daughters degree. You must be so proud of her for such an outstanding achievement. What a very clever girl. Must inherit it from you!
Sorry your knee is still causing you problems. It sounds like you have finally got a good physio who is going to help you to get sorted out. Hang on in there and with such wonderful determination you will succeed.
Hugs, Toothfairy. X :happydance: :egypdance:
 
Pat, congrats on your daughter's accomplishment! Be a proud mum because your hard work helped her get there my friend! I love your new avatar choices, Judy did a great job helping you out, but don't forget to occasionally putting in a picture of you too kiddo! Go slow with the exercises, you'll get there my friend, but if you hurt yourself you'll get discouraged and stop! Don't forget it's a marathon, not a race!
 
Thanknyou micha Toothfairy Jacky48 Karlea has worked so hard for three years without any nagging from us. Just got on with it. This year she also had a bad break up with an on/off boyfriend of 5 years too. Shes very resilient and I cant tell you how proud and happy I am for her.when she got back from her holiday she found out she had a full time job as office manager in the same place Kerry works my other daughter and Kerry is moving into a new flat in Chester city centre which has 2 bedrooms so shes moving in with her on Sunday. Everything is falling into place for her. Her graduation takes place July 13th and its going to be extra special now we know her results. I am so lucky with all my kids. Im very blessed.
 
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE USA. HAVE A TOTALLY FANTASTIC DAY. X X X X
 
Thank you Pat! It's going to be a very hot day, and humid, temperatures to reach near 100 degrees! :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom