TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still got the sharp pain on the good side of my knee??? Weird. Hope yours is a bit better. I know I need to think about having my other knee done soon - how about you?
My friend has left this morning - I'm going to really miss her. She's really got me going and walking a bit more - but sensibly. The only problem with having her here is she's left me 5 pounds heavier! The diet flew out as she flew in. :)

Hi Pat, wow you ARE doing well with your weight loss. That's brilliant :thumb: I love the photo of Robyn - she is too cute for words, bless her :) And it's good to hear that you have seen her lately. Is everything okay with your son now?

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good night the other night. Hope the knee has settled now.

xxxx

Oh yipppeeeee Pat! You are doing so well and I'm so happy for you! I am in California now so I get to ride my bike everyday without all the heat and wind! Loving it. Keep up all the good work! xo

Hi Pat - just checking in and catching up on your thread. Feeling a bit low as knee being really slow and rubbish at the moment and you always give me hope and remind me that this a long old process and i'm only 4.5 months out!
:SUNsmile:

I'm back with WW but online this time as despo need to shift a good few stone now - cant belive how I let it creep back on after working so hard to get rid of it, back 3 years now! Anyway, I figure my hols is about 7 weeks and goodness knows my new knee needs a break! :heehee: . You are doing fabulous so a v big :thumb:

take care and keep up the good work.

hugs, fernie x

Thank you KathyH Fernie and micha i do feel a lot better for the weight Ive lost but I know I have a way to go yet. Weigh in day tomorrow so fingers crossed. My knee is still acting up ( sorry fernie) for a while there i thought Id cracked it now it feels painful and swollen. Its the outside of my knee. Its still numb but any pain Ive had Ive always had it there. The other side of my knee is fine. I start physio again next week so I will ask them for their advice. Fernie youve a lot going on with work, a little one and day to day living. I still have days at 8 months when I feel I just want want to sit and take it easy. I hope recovery gets easier for you. I cant actually remember when I felt better but I guess that dosent matter because we all have our own recovery.

Well done Pat! A stone is so good you must feel great. :)
New FaceTime drama - nice chat with the kids but this time I saw a different, strange four legged creature zipping around my kitchen.
Not our usual great big hulking dog but a puppy!
Girlfriends dad had found it on a main road, skinny, not chipped, cigarette burns, no one looking for it, timidly friendly ..... Adorable etc etc. Oh dear! :puppysmooze:
Anyhow I said no. It's now gone to the girlfriends family who are getting in a dog whisperer to integrate it with their dog. Whew!
I think walking one dog when i get home will be enough for me at the moment. Kids!

That is a fantastic weight loss Pat, you are a superstar. It will really help your knees too.
I am finding that the motivation to keep my weight down for my knees is really helping me.
I am sorry to hear your knee is painful. I hope the physio has some helpful suggestions next week.
Have a great weekend. Hope family are well,
Hugs Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:

Congratulations on losing a stone, Pat. That is fantastic - well done you :flwrysmile:

Hoping the pain on the outside of your knee is a little better now.

Thanks KathyH I know the next stone will be much harder but Im determined to do it this time. As for the pain its coming and going. Im at my first physio on Friday so I hope they will give me some answers. Im hesitant to say the other knee is behaving as everytime I do it starts playing up. Heres hoping. Nice to hear from you again. Hope you are all well.

We are all good thanks, Pat. Good luck with your physio on Friday. Let us know how you get on. We won't mention your other knee :whistle:

I'm counting the calories with the help of 'My Fitness Pal'. You can go online on your computer or download the app on your smart phone. It's sooooo much better than WW and to boot, it's free! You load all your details in and it tells you how many calories you are allowed each day. It advises you to eat some of your calories burnt with exercise. You have to log everything you eat and drink. It'll tell you how many calories you have consumed and how many you have left for the day. There is also a community page for motivation, advice and support.

I would advise anyone who is trying to lose weight to give it at least a go. I find that logging everything each day really does help me. You can also 'store' some of your daily calories. I know I will be over endulging this Saturday (going to see Olly Murs and Robbie Williams at Wembley Arena with my friend, Pat - what a great name :heehee: ) and we are staying overnight in a hotel. So I am trying to have a little less each day to bank them for Saturday, when I know there will be a bit of unhealthy eating and a few drinkies :whistle:

Wow. What a morning. Did some decorating in Lauras bed room. Ok it was only a feature wall five pieces of wallpaper but I havent done that in years. Bending down, up and down step ladders. Needless to say im now icing and resting but the knee did well. Going to google ,My fitness pal' now. Try anything.

Good for you on the decorating. I have never put up wallpaper. Would like to try it, but don't think I could get it lined up properly :whistle: You are clever.

I am under 'kathymhardy' on My Fitness Pal.

Hi Pat and Kathy, too! I'm going to look that Fitness Pal up too - I remember logging everything really helped me keep portions, etc under control. Funny - I'm doing a decorating thing too, at my girlfriend's house in CA. The room I stay in hasn't been painted in years so I took it on since I stay so often - painting isn't a lot of fun, taping and jumping up and down ladders is amazingly difficult! Sometimes laughable as I pull my new knee into a better bend just to get up on the ledge! My girlfriend and I were laughing about being old bitties trying to do a room with minimum eyesight and physical prowess! It'll look good enough tho! Good luck Friday Pat! xoxo

Sounds like you have fun, Micha :) I must admit the only thing I enjoy about decorating is scraping the old wallpaper off - as long as it comes off easy :heehee: I don't mind painting as long as it comes out smooth and not streaky :whistle:

We did have streaky problems! Because there was some trim with oil base on it and I didn't know :( ah well. Today we finish up with new light and plug plates and fixing some goofs...(that would be my girlfriend and me :happydance: ) and then I am done fooling around in there! I am pleased that my knee is only stiff and doesn't have much pain. :)

Well physio day today. The PT described my knee as very very TENSE. ROM still at 90 which is a little bit scary at almlost 9 months post op. she can only say it was because of lack of physio after the op. YOU THINK !!!!!!!!!!!! I did have a lot of problems with swelling which of course would make flexion harder but I think I was discharged far too early from physio and no one can tell me why. So its back to stretching exercises as my muscles are still very weak, keep using the exercise bike and a lot more walking. She praised me for losing weight which is going to make exercise easier and I have to go back in 2 weeks. She commented how bad my right knee was looking and agreed I should sort this one out first before I consider the next TKR. A little bit fed up should be much further down the recovery road at this stage but here we go again. Exercises, walking and bike. Wish me luck

I'm wishing you luck Pat. :flwrysmile:
How much physio will you now get?
I do hope things improve for you and that you get lots of help in improving the range of your knee. It's such a shame as you show you are so positive, motivated and keen to do well.
My eighteen sessions of physio end on Monday. I will need to keep trying, on my own, to keep improving the strength and flexibility. However, I'm happy at where I'm at so far.
It's not fair that your physio ended prematurely - this is far too important to you for that.
Your great spirit will get you there Pat - and the extra exercises will help blast more calories! :yahoo:
On and up.... :friends:

Thanks Hopper. Every time I went to the GP i mentioned lack of physio but she didnt seem concerned. The swelling was really bad in the early months so that limited my exercises I seemed to spend more time icing and elevating. Im not innocent I know but Im human if no one is pushing you to exercise its easier to sit and think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie