TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it a lovely feeling when you look at your children and know that all is well with them...sort of a cosmic pat on the back for all the sleepless nights and worry we parents have. I find it particularly rewarding to watch mine parent their own children well...love it as much as I love the payback feeling when their littles give them fits! Tee hee paybacks can be sweet!
 
robynhood, Your day sounded wonderful. Isn't such a gift to have all the chrildren around and to know they love you and and that you are so special in their lives. Now try to have a good night sleep. I found that when I am having trouble with sleeping I play easy going music with just musical interments playing. It helps me so much I wonder if it would help you? Take care and sleep well my dear friend. Tashia
 
Hi Pat - how nice to catch up on yours and everyone else's posts! Your Mother's day sounds so wonderful! I know that feeling of seeing my kids together and getting along so well - it always makes me feel so good. I'm sorry the sleeping is still a problem - it seems to be for most of us! Isn't "not thinking" about our knees so great?! Sometimes I realize how long I've gone without giving it a thought and I tuck that away as such a success. Well, happy week to you. ox
 
Sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping again, Pat. I should have come on here and joined you! I was up late anyway watching the last episode of a series I have been watching and flicked over the channels and found 'British Rock Bands 70s'. I was fixed then - all the good uns, i.e. The Faces, Humble Pie, Pretty Things, Status Quo and loads more I hadn't heard of, but were excellent. I was sitting on the sofa rocking away all by myself :heehee:

So got to bed when that finished at 1:45 am - yawning away, but could I sleep? Could I eck! Tossing and turning, kept going to get up, but must have difted off at some point, as next I hear my alarm going off. Crazy!
 
Can just imagine you Kathy sitting on the sofa on your own bopping away. I love programmes like that. The Small Faces I remember. I was in love Steve Marriot. O The Memories. Ive given up going to bed much before 2 oclock now. Im lucky to be able to get up any time I want nd its usually around 9 so I have the 7 hours sleep. Theres so much going on in the family thats worrying me at the moment so I think its that keeping me awake more than my knee. Any news of your new grand child yet. Im assuming she didnt go into labour at your special dinner. Looking forward to hearing your exciting news x Take Care and hopefully sleep well. KathyH;
 
Ha ha, you have the picture, Pat :rotfl: Steve Marriot was lovely, wasn't he? And to die in such tragic circumstances at 44. What a loss to the music industry - same as Jimi Hendrix, Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzie) and many others from that era.

Last night I slept somewhere between midnight and 2 am. Then awake until gone 5 am!! What is this all about? Good that you can sleep in.

Oh dear Pat, sounds like we both have family things on our minds. My eldest SIL (Ray's sister) has been giving me grief since I was just out of hospital and has been beastly. I know that's the reason I haven't slept this week. We are having a showdown on the phone tonight. The rest of Ray's family know she is completely and utterly in the wrong. I will be taking no prisoners.......watch this space.....

Baby Lego is three days late so far.......watch this space.....:heehee:
 
Hi KathyH; Isnt it annoying when we have gone thr TKR that its people giving us more grief and not the op itself. Sorry to hear about your SIL. Why are people so thoughtless sometimes. With me it concerns my beautiful grandaughter Robyn. My son is not with Robyns Mum and has met someone now and is very happy. So she is threatening we never see her again and its breaking my heart. She is the one that always puts a smile of my face bless her. Its so upsetting. On a lighter note fingers crossed for the safe delivery of Baby Lego. Take Care :flwrysmile:
 
Yikes Pat I just read that about your granddaughter - what a terrible way to yield power! My granddaughter is so precious to me and I see her as often as possible - but it's never enough! I'm sorry and I hope things straighten out!
 
micha; Thank you. We grandparents dont seem to have many rights at a time like this and its really getting to me now. Its also horrible seeing my son hurting so much. Hopefully he can get things sorted soon. KathyH Any news of baby lego yet to cheer me up.
 
Well ive got the terrible 'clunking' sound coming from my knee when I bend it or do some exercises. Ive heard of it before now but cant really remember what its caused by. Im going to have a look and read up. It sounds like my knee needs oiling.!!!!!! Theres always something else popping up in this recovery road of ours. Having yet another shopping day tomorrow with daughter no. 1 Kerry so hopefully things will be ok. Things getting worse with my sons situation and that is really upsetting me. O well. Like it says in my thread 'Onwards and Upwards' :sad:
 
Oh robynhood Pat, so sorry to hear things are getting worse regarding your son's situation. I really hope he and Robyn's mother can reach a solution. I can only imagine how you are feeling. The mother must put Robyn's needs before her own horrible thoughts and let her see her daddy and his family.
 
Bless you Kathy for taking the time to post about Robyn when you are going thru so much. Hopefully she will calm down and let him and us see our lovely Robyn soon. Thank you Kathy. Youre a true BS friend x x x
 
Oh Pat, I couldn't not, because you are going through a distressing time too! It never rains but it pours aye? But hopefully the sun will come out and shine for both of us very very soon.

Going to try for some shut eye now and my computer is telling me I don't have much battery left :heehee: Chat soon xx
 
I dont think Ive much battery left in me either Kathy. Time for sleep (o please) Will watch for news of your lovely grandson :angel:
 
Hello Pat, I am so sorry about your continued distressing situation with your Grandaughter. My heart goes out to you. It makes me so cross when the needs of the child are not put first and they are used as pawns in a spiteful game between aggrieved parents. I do hope her mother comes to her senses. Stay strong and remember Robyn knows how very much you love her.
I hope your clunking settles soon,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Pat, I am so sorry that you are going through such a horrible time getting to see your precious Robyn!:console2:
Shame on her mum for not realizing what an important part of a childs life grandparents are! And, your poor son who has to endure whatever this wicked woman dishes out as well! Hopefully she'll come to her senses soon!

I hope your shopping trip with Kerry went well! I still get that clunking sound too, I hear and feel it more often when I haven't done exercising in a while! You made me laugh when you said it's like your knee needs oiling!:rotfl:

Stay well kiddo and I hope you get to see your sweet Robyn soon, it is so heartbreaking!:console2:
 
:mcoffee: Hi Pat... belated Happy Mothers Day!:flwrysmile:
It is wonderful when our kids make us proud!:angel: My youngest -32- lives with us and is going through a very stressful time at work with her 'new' apprenticeship. (She is a 4th class power engineer and Insturmentation apprentice - 3 months) I sat up talking over a few 'bevys':cheers: last night and have a late start to my day.... :mcoffee: but it was an important connect.
I hope Robyn's Mom gets past her issues soon.... break ups are so hard on everyone. Hopefully she will realize how damaging emotional extortion can be and it's impact on her beautiful daughter. I hope there is space for a friendship to develope between you two so your and Robyn's relationship can continue for the benifit of all... Offer free occasional babysitting as an olive branch.... It could help.... Just do not fall into the abbiss of your son and her's relationship. Remain neutral... it is hard but everyone has a right to their own feelings... wheather they are right or wrong. (We just do not have to mention the latter.:wink: )
I am fortunate not to have much trouble sleeping.... but there have been a few nights. I don't go to bed until I am too tired to stay awake... It drives my hubby nuts... he tries to stay up and sleeps in his chair and I night owl.:wink:
Take care:SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom