TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat, I finally found your thread and got caught up! I'm so glad thinks are starting to get better for you! These ups and downs can really send us for a loop and make us second guess our decisions that's for sure! I have been laying off my bike for the last two weeks and my left knee (Mickey) is really getting tight and has swelling, so I really have to start that bike again! You gave me a much needed laugh with that caption you posted above, my mind has often thought I was in my twenties and my body has put a halt to that thought really fast! :scratch: I'm glad you had another good shopping day! I use to feel vulnerable when using my cane too, then I thought, heck this is a fantastic weapon if anyone wanted to take me on so to speak! :umm: I no longer feel vulnerable! :heehee:

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Hi. Nice to hear from you Jacky48. Sometimes we seem to miss each others threads. Hope you are doing well. Not sure what the weather is like where you are but we auctually got some sunshine today even though it was still quite cold it was nice. Sorry to hear youre still getting a bit of swelling. Have to get jiggy with it on that bike of yours.You take care now and it was nice of you to drop by. Call me next time and I will have coffee and cake waiting :cheers: :martini: :friends:
 
Yes, that sunshine does tend to give us a lift and we did have some here today as well! This knee recovery thing is really a learning thing, learning more about ourselves more then learning about the knees! :scratch: Time I get jiggy with that bike that's for sure! :egypdance: I will take care thanks, and too as well! I will call, I look forward to cake and coffee! :thumb:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
Yes that means you too. Hope you all have a lovely weekend with family and friends Dont overdo it.
 
Yes, that sunshine does tend to give us a lift and we did have some here today as well!
I am glad the sun is shining somewhere!! It is dark gloomy and snowing a little bit here.


This knee recovery thing is really a learning thing, learning more about ourselves more then learning about the knees!
For me, there was a long learning curve!!!:snork: I had to repeat certain lessons and I was a slowlearner....
 
Having come home completely confused by what to do and when I have found this site so helpful. Just to read other peoples experiences and think ' thats ok to be feeling like i do' family are trying to be so helpful but dont really understand the pain involved and how vunreable you are. I will defnitley look on this site on a daily basis for the hurdles I have coming like getting my staples out on Wednesday.
i am 9 days post bilateral tkr and new to this site and from uk!!just trying to learn how to chat with similar people!!
 
Well hillspills you hav defnitley come to the right place. I could not have got to where I am without this site. Have you started yourown thread yet giving us your details when you had the op etc. Theres quite a few of us from the UK now but the nice thing on here is different people different continents but all have TKR in commen and facing the same problems. Welcome on board the roller coaster ride of TKR recovery.:)
 
Well can anyone help me here. We have downloaded the ROM app onto my husbands phone but not sure how to use it. Isnt very self explantory at all.
 
I fixed your tag so that Jo would be notified. She's better at figuring the ROM than I am. But it looks to me that this photo shows about 90 degrees. Normally the picture should have your whole knee in it and you've lopped off the top in this one. So....Jo, what is the correct measurement???
 
Josephine; Do you think I need to take another photo as Jamie suggested for you to figure out the ROM.
 
Pat robynhood, I have that app and heard good feedback about it. But personally I don't find it accurate at all. It was telling me I had over 100 when I was only 70 (before my MUA).

You need to set it to the right or left, click on the padlock. Then make sure it is measuring flexion and not extension. Then put it on your shin (for you with the screen facing right) and then bend your knee.

I have just done mine and it is telling me I am 142 and I know I am not that - in my deams, I wish :heehee:

Maybe someone else has the app and tell us what they think of it?
 
I need a better photo than that, I'm afraid. One like this that shows the hip and the ankle and is straight on to the side. Yours is at an angle.

[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Well guys I seem to be doing everything backwards. I go to bed wide awake and wake up tired. My knee is more swollen now at 21 weeks than it was at 1 week. My ROM seems to be deminishing instead of getter better. Whats going on with me. I hope its temporary and I get back to normal soon.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
lol Pat where do you find your pix! I love them! I downloaded an ROM app too and cannot figure it out to save my life. I figure I will call my Doc again and see if they will do a 6 mon check through the PT to see how I'm doing. When I am riding my bend seems really good after a couple of minutes...but otherwise it's pretty stiff and doesn't seem to bend so easily. Time - I keep telling me - time! :beg:
 
PS is that pic above that Josephine posted a TKR knee? Jeeeeez I only wish my knee bent that much! :tada:
 
Aw Pat, sorry to hear you think you are going backwards. I'm sure you're not. Maybe it's more swollen because you have been doing more lately, as you have? Are you doing regular exercises for your ROM? You and I both need reminding that we still should to get more bend.

We all have these negative days and they are the pits, but you will feel more positive soon, the swelling will go down and your ROM will improve. Trust me, I'm not a doctor :heehee:

Oh and the sleeping pattern - another pit. It sucks. I thought once I went back to work I would get in a sleeping routine. You know, up early and tired, ready for bed at a reasonable hour in the evening. WRONG! Still haven't got there. Yes likewise, not ready for bed at night, but force myself to go, for I will be sure to be dog tired when that darn alarm goes off in the morning. I'm with you Pat.........
 
Hi Kathy, sometimes it all gets too much dosent it and you just want to get up after a good nights sleep, with no knee pain perfect bend and run down the stairs for the start of another day. Must admit my exercises for the bend are just the exercise bike and going up and down stairs and the usual activity of the day. Guess doing the heel slides and stuff would be good. Cant believe the app. a bend of 142. Now that would be nice wouldnt it. Have a good day at work and dont over do it.

Micha. Thats a good bend Jo has there isnt it. If only it was mine. One day Micha One Day. Ive given up on the
app on the phone. 3 completely different readings. Maybe I will do what you are doing and try a get an appt. with the physio and get it done properly. Have a good day and take care.
 
Ive just taken a photo of my knee at 21 weeks. Scar is healing good I think but still swollen. When I compare it to the 7 week photo not long after having the staples out look quite good These pictures are thumbnails but if you click on them they will come full size. [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom