TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat congratulations on the lengthy shopping spree! I am sure your purse is much lighter. :)
 
Pat, if your other knee is bone on bone I would think that is contributing. I know my PT thought that was the case for me since my second knee was bone on bone as well, and I waited 7 weeks to do the second. I am almost 6 months from my second TKR and I am still not going up and down stairs smoothly, and I am still a little clumsy getting out of the car. And boy, I have had some very down days too. The less the pain, the less the depression for me. I also restarted taking vitamin D since I am from New England and because I am not too sure on my feet I am not outside, and therefor not getting any sun. I think it has helped. Have a great birthday, girl!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
This is how i feel today. says it all
 
Ha Ha..... well Ive had a couple of very busy days getting back to being active again but today is catch up time. Then it all starts again tomorrow
 
Oh, Pat, just loved the uploaded image---been there done that myself. Thanks for the smile and chuckle---perked me right up.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Hi Kathy. Yes Im much better today. I think we all need a rest day when we have been busy which is what I did yesterday. Today Im up and going for it, shopping, ironing, cleaning washing. Usual Monday. Have a good one everyone.:yay:
 
That's good, Pat, just make sure you don't overdo it and have to pay for it later. Have a well earned rest when you have completed all your chores :thumb:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
and bring us such joy in our recoveries. Savor the moment and tuck it away to bring out on a day you feel everything is going down hill. These milestones are very important to each of us. I can imagine how pumped you are.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Thank you Judy. Getting up and down the stairs properly instead of one at a time feels so goods. Like I am really progressing now. All we are told on the forum is nice and easy take time in your recovery and sometimes its very frustrating and the last thing we want to hear. But as we go further into recovery we realise this is very true and the only way to go. Thanks for your encouragement along the way Judy. Always appreciated.
 
Hi Pat, it sounds like you are doing brilliantly now. I like your thank you post to the moderators, it was very thoughtful of you.
I look forward to joining you on the other side soon.
Enjoy your excellent progress but don't over do it.
Toothfairy x :goodpost:
 
Thanks Kathy at last i feel im getting somewhere. Im sure the exercising on the bike helped my progress on the stairs. I would love to know what my ROM is now but not going to physio now i dont know how to find out. Im not worried about it just curious. Have a good day Kathy :)
 
That's the thing about not going to physio any more. They say numbers don't matter, but I still get curious as to what mine is now. I know it has improved, albeit a bit. I go to physio at the hospital this Friday (think she may sign me off then) and I will ask her to measure me. Hope I'm not disappointed :whistle:

Have a good day too :flwrysmile:
 
KathyH really hope you have good news tomorrow with your physio. I know youve had a hard time with ROM with MUA and everything else so lets have a happy ending tomorrow. Im sure it will be. :happydance: :egypdance: :yay:
 
Pat, there is an app which can measure ROM, I'm sure I saw Josephine mention it a while ago..... Give her a shout.

Look at you doing stairs properly! I Attempted to do proper stairs today, going down, and my leg felt like it was being ripped apart, so I thought I'd best leave that or now :whistle: Looks like these backward and forward bike rotations are going to my head :heehee:.

Im tired tOday, even chatting with friends wears me out. Am planning more rest tomorrow.

Take care and catch up soon. Fernie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie. I have had a resting day today. Had another shopping day yesterday in Chester. Well got to catch up with all this money I saved not going shopping all those weeks. Seems I have so much energy lately its really good. I did take my cane with me for confidence tho I really do hate walking with it. I dont know why. Just makes me feel more vunreable for some reason. Dont go rushing things with the knees. Stairs are one of the last things to accomplish. Concentrate on getting further on the bike and that will strengthen your quads ready for the stairs. Take care. Nice to hear from you.:angel:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom