TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOld it there on dogs drool. Dogs rule and cats are just large rats!
Pat I am right with you on a bit of disappointment. You had your surgery 3 days before mine. I have been having increased pain both knees, planning to do #2 in June when school is out. But wish I wasn't waiting. Maybe our bone on bone knee is making our new knees swell and more painful because we now are favoring the new knee too much? I was thinking about going back to the OS before my April 6 month appt. MY ROm is good and I'm still in PT but cancelled yesterday because I was still hurting too much. And the "snapping" feeling of tendons or the appliance ? is getting worse as time goes on. Also now I have a moveable nodule above my knee cap. When does it end? So don't despair, I guess all this stuff is parr for the course at this point. I work full time and do the stairs but it is sure not comfortable. And I hit the sack the second I get home! Still the fatigue!
Sorry I don't have great advice. I am going to have to take the advice you've gotten! And kudos to you with your new plan!!! Happy Birthday!!! Next year it will definitely be happier for us both!
 
Brownie51 Hi Marianne, so nice to hear from you. Its been ages. Sorry tho that you have been problems as well. At one time we seemed to be doing so well didnt we. I really dont envy you working as well. You seemed to be wanting the other knee done sooner than later whereas I just dont want mine doing. I really couldnt go through all this again so soon.Keep me updated how you are going. It was lovely to hear from you.
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
:whistle: HaPpY bIrThDaY to you!!!!! :whistle: Hope it was good! xoxox
 
:whistle: HaPpY bIrThDaY to you!!!!! :whistle: Hope it was good! xoxox
Thank you Micha. Had a really nice birthday this year considering I dont like them any more. Had lots of lovely presents, been taken out for meals(s) and generally been very spoilt. I have never stopped either been on the go all weekend and the knee has been very good. Lets hope it continues:egypdance:
 
I love being spoiled! How often does that happen? Well for me, every day.
 
Hi Pat and happy birthday....:yay: I am glad you had such a lovely weekend. You deserve to get some spoiling.
I find I have 2 or 3 great days and then a day or two not doing much.... knee wants to rest. It worries me as my GP has okayed my return to work but it is slow so I don't think I will be getting too many hours to start, it is the slow time of year. I am hoping to work the garden center again this year....:flwrysmile: I love working with the plants and customers are happy, taking their plants home to their gardens. :snork: We swap stories about our gardens and share great advice. It is hard to feel down when surrounded by flowers.
When I feel down I think about my big patch of weeds and meditate on thoughts of warm days full of sunshine and longer days. It goes a long way to making me feel better and driving out the winter greys. We have had about half the sunshine we usually get in the winter and it is easy to give in to depression.... grey skies, grey mist making even the beautiful trees look grey green... But my crocuses and daffodils are starting to show green above the soil and the alders cattails are turning red and getting fat with the pollen that will make our cars yellow next month. Spring is coming... and the load of work getting things done in the yard. I need to stop meditating about my summer garden and spend some time preping. All I need is some sunny days. I think my exercise plan is about to geer up ten fold.
You take care my friend and it is nice to have you back.:ok: Oh.... loved woof:puppysmooze: and your new avatar. :kittykiss: All pets rule!!!!
 
Happy belated birthday, Pat...glad your family spoiled you! Woof was sheer genius! Think how fortunate we all are to have the support of an international group of friends who understand our frustration at the length of this recovery...and who can really appreciate the large and small milestones we experience...we are so blessed! I can't tell you how much it helps to read others stories at 2am when my knee aches enough to wake me up and keep me awake for a while. Many thanks to all my fellow travelers on this bumpy road. Now back to sleep for a while...work in a few hours and 135 sixth graders will demand my attention and energy!
 
Thank you Ladies for your lovely posts. Always nice to hear how you are all doing. quite a while since I heard from you Joy glad you are progressing well. I noticed the bulbs in our yard were peeping thru at the weekend. Snowdrops, daffodils and crocus's. I love the colours when they come thru. I have done VERY well with my first week of diet and more exercise. I have lost over half a stone. I know some of this is fluids because I have started my water tablets again to help with BP but is still a very good start. Heres to the next week.:)
 
Oh I love daffodils! I grow rocks in my yard...that's the garden of choice in Las Vegas... :heehee: I have to ask - what is half a stone? xo
 
Thank you Nancy and Kathy. I really am going to try and lose some more and keep it off. Give this new knee of mine a chance.:)
 
:flwrysmile: Thank you Clovergirl. I had a lovely birthday, much better then last year when I think back when I was struggling so much with the arhtritic pain in my knee. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi pat, congrats on the 7lb, that's so good :angel:. It's so hard to shift this weight that sometimes seems glued to our tummys, hips and thighs.

Ive lost a bit I'm sure as didn't eat for a week, and I'm still a bit queezy and not eating that much, but then I'm not moving about hardly! Will waituntil I'm off the meds and body back to normal and assess.

I feel exactly the same as you, in that my knee needs a chance, so I hope to lose a chunk more when I'm back on my feet and getting fitness back. Also, I want To give my other knee a break and hold off surgery for as many years as poss. It's groaning like mad lately but I couldn't face this again any time soon.

You go Pat! :egypdance: Fernie x
 
Thanks Fernie. We got to be kind to our knees after all weve been thru. :)Fernie
 
Well today was the first day of all day shopping and driving. And it went Very Well. The best shopping day I have had for a very long time. Not having to sit every ten minutes because of arthritic pain was lovely. Soooooo maybe after 20 weeks Im almost saying. Mmmmmm maybe it was a good thing having my knee done.:angel:
 
:iagree:. Glad the tunnel finally has a light at the end.....:yay: Good days are great!!!! Today we had a break in the rain so I was out in the wet, slimey ooze in the chicken run where we throw the greens and was pleasantly surprised how solid my knee feels on slippery ground.:egypdance:
 
Oh Pat - I knew this was coming for you and I am so happy for you!!!! Yippppeeeee We're all just going to keep getting better and better! Have a great, fun weekend and remember to rest a little! xoxo:egypdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom