TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your posts Kathy, Joy and Jacky. Nice to be back on board again. Kathy your exercise regime sounds good. Hope you can keep it up. Mine starts tomorrow. (Hopefully).
 
Hi Pat, are we ready to "get jiggy with it" on our new exercise program for the new year? Today I went to the gym for just a half hour. 10 minutes on the elliptical (cardio) and the rest weights. I completed PT so now I have to keep myself motivated. Are your knees feeling better? You've done so well thus far, I know that you will be FAR OUT :dancy: when it comes to exercise. Especially if the exercise is :cheers2: :bow: :groan: :headbang: :rofsign: Well, you know what I mean!
 
Okay.... don't know what I was reading this morning:mcoffee: but I just went back and caught up with your posts....
The baby is wonderful, you must be so happy. I wish I could have a hold.
I am sorry to hear your daughter has had that flu thing that is everywhere this year. I hope she is better soon.
Bad news is hard at this time of year and it does not help to be laid up yourself and unable to do anything to help. I also hope there is more they can do for your friend.
I am in an up cycle I think because the weather has changed and it has cleared up for a change. After the 2010 Olympics where we had to make snow for several winter venues and even canceled some when conditions did not cooperate we have had an early season start and record snowfall on the mountains so it has been raining here for what seems like months. I expect it will now get clear and cold. No rain, less arthritis, less swelling and pain. I hope .:ok:
I hope you feel better soon. Rest is the key I think. Try not to do too much. I often take a day off if I hurt or swell. Ice still helps too.
 
Pat I am so sorry to hear you've had a little setback. I'm glad you talked with the OS/office. I think we still have to deal with swelling and pain if we over do it. Do you feel you did too much? What do you think did you in?
Oh my! Sophia is a little beauty! I envy you getting to cuddle and baby sit and feed her. She is really smart, you can tell that from how alert she is all ready! Such a doll!
 
robynhood, sorry I did not respond to your post, but I did not get your tag. My real name is Judy, but my user name on the forum is bottomshollow---that's what you have to type after the @ for me to get an alert.

I hope you have checked with you OS. I can not imagine why you would develop a larger area of numbness unless there was a lot of swelling that caused it temporarily. But I have no medical background---so that's just a guess.
 
Judy and Pat I was sure surprised about that new numbness too! Maybe the swelling put pressure back on the nerves? I have this patch of skin around incision that grew more hair, not like a furry teddy bear but way more hair than I have on the other leg or the rest of my right leg. Dr. said its from the increased circulation around the incision! Maybe guys should have their little bald spots operated on! I am letting it grow out so I can have it waxed off. At first it was funny but I find I am showing it off to my friends a little bit too much. Something about this god awful surgery that destroys all vanity!
 
Brownie51
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Pat hugs to your daughter as I am fighting the crud too. So sorry about your friend, a friend of mine is fighting colon cancer right now too.

As for your knee, you are right, there a good days and bad. Pretty soon you will see better days. Hugs!
 
Well thank you to all my bonesmarties for cheering me up on a day I really needed it. My friend went for an MRI scan on her brain today as she has a minor stroke just before christmas as well as the cancer. This is the third time she has had cancer as well as DVT some years ago. Some of us just dont get the breaks. So now she has to wait for results of scan to see if she has cancer on her brain that caused the stroke. If she has theres nothing at all they can do as she has just finished chemo and on the final scan she has more tumours on her lungs and stomach. It makes my sorry little whining about my knee fade into the distance. Im sure thats why I have felt so down this new year. Brownie51; I was walking a lot without my cane thinking I was just normal and Im sure I just did too much. The OS couldnt explain the extra numbness though. Dont know where that came from. Its so fuuny about the extra hair growth too marianne. I have exactly the same. Thank goodness its normal. Im not a freak!!! Once again THANK YOU all for your lovely posts. I dont know how I would manage without you all. My little lap top needs a new battery charger so I feel lost without it. Have to use the family PC when I can get on it. !!!!
 
Pat, I am so sorry to hear about your friend :console2: I hope all turns out ok for her!
 
Thank you Shelly. I have known her for 45 years since school. Its heart breaking. Im keeping everything crossed. x
 
Pat I am so sorry about your friend. I lost a dear friend to cancer in 2006 and I miss her so much. Sending healing thoughts and hugs.

My TKR leg still grows hair faster than the other leg and my toenails on that leg grow twice as fast as the other leg. The hair growth was really bad the first 2 months or so after the surgery, but then it slowed down. I don't know that it was worse in any particular area, just all over hairy. Grew so fast it was hard to shave!
 
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I lost a good friend four years ago and I really miss her, even though we did not see each other often. I miss having her in the world. I hope your pal can have an easeful and quality life, however long it is.
 
And what's up with you gals? My knee is as bald as a cue ball. In fact I don't really need to shave my legs because I only have about ten tiny hairs that I can't even see. My gram was the same way so I thought it was just what happened when you get older. But I checked my knee, smooth at a baby's behind. :snork:
 
Randi, I put the hair/toenail growth to all the healing energy that was being poured into healing my knee. I normally need to get a hair cut every 6 weeks and I noticed that after my surgery that my hair hardly grew for 2 months after the surgery and then I did not need a cut until it was over 3 months. But I guess it does not happen that way for everyone! Since menopause I have had to shave a lot less, but not these past several months! LOL!
 
Thank you Lisa and Randi. Your kind words about my friend are appreciated. Goodness we are a weird lot arent we with this hair growth. I would rather be like you Randi and have any hair regrowth. The hairs around my scars are disgsusting but I couldnt shave them that close to my scar. And it being numb on some parts. Im hoping they will keep my knee warm thru this winter :)
 
I was very careful the first couple of times I shaved and did not get that close to the incision. I still shave slowly over the area, particularly the numb part, but I do go close to the scar now. I hated going to the pool with hairy legs! I felt like the Neanderthal guy in the Geico commercials although since you are in the UK Pat you probably won't get the reference. LOL!
 
Aaah that is not good news about your friend, Pat. So very sad. Thoughts are with you and your friend and her family :angel:
 
Well its soooo cold here in the UK at the moment and my new knee dosent like it at all. Been really painful the last couple of days so have laid off the exercises for a while. Just gentle stretching exercises. Good news about my friend. Sort of anyway. Her MRI was clear so she can start chemo yet again but they dont really know how much more her body can take and she will defnitley lose all her hair this time. They are starting chemo as soon as they can. My poor little lap top still hasnt got a charger so I have to come on the family PC which is in a really cold part of the house so I am sort of trying to stay away. I miss my lap top in bed with me tho catching up on everyone at stupid oclock in the morning. Hopefully it will be repaired soon. I miss talking to my bone smarties buddies. Everyone take care in this cold cold weather.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom