TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
How adorable is she, congrats. Been 3 years since we had a baby in our family. I wish they did not grow so darn fast!
 
How adorable is she, congrats. Been 3 years since we had a baby in our family. I wish they did not grow so darn fast!
I agree with you there. My own six have grown so quickly. Now its grankids, neices and nephews. Bring it on
 
How is it just when you think youre getting somewhere your knee lets you know youre not really. Been getting about really well without my cane and really thought my knee felt 'normal' again. O No it didnt. The last few days its been realy swollen at the back of the knee and outer left side. I dont know if I was pushing it too much without the cane but 12 weeks isnt too early is it. Im back to icing and trying to rest it more during the day. O Well maybe tomorrow will be better. Swings and roundabouts and all that.
 
Yup Put, two steps forward and one step back! Quite a little dance we do with these new knees! Hang in there kiddo, it will get better! Get lots of rest and pampering! Get that young buck to wait on you a bit! :)
 
Thanks Jacky but hes far too busy trying to make a living. Hes a self employed landscape gardner and business isnt good at this time of year. Sooooo been icing and elevating and the left side of my knee is completely numb. It hasnt been like this, this numb since I got out of hospital. Is this normal does anyone know.
 
Pat, the right side of my knee has been numb since the surgery but it seems like it is very slowly going away. So I have no idea if what you are experiencing is normal. You might want to tag Josephine and ask her if no one else has a good explaination.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
robynhood, After 14 months, I still have a small numb area on the outside of my left knee. I only notice it when I touch it, otherwise I am not even aware of it. Nerves were cut--which causes the numbness. Most of the numbness resolves itself over time, but it is possible to have an area that stays numb. Since it doesn't interfere with mobility, it is not terribly significant.
 
I has the normal numbness when i first came out of hospital whichhad been getting a little better but this is the whole of my knee that is numb. Its never been this bad before and its three times the size it was a couple of days ago. Judy;
 
Pat you tagged Judy. Did you mean to tag Josephine?
 
No Lisa I meant to tag Judy as she was the moderator who answered my question. I guess if things dont improve overnight I will phone my OS tomorrow and see what he has to say
 
I'm not as far out as you but I do notice that if I swell more of my knee goes numb and then as the swelling goes down it comes back to feeling. I seem to recall it going more numb for no reason a couple times too. But it went away after a day or two so I thought it must be normal. I hope yours is normal too!
 
Well, Pat, I missed some of your posts, the baby and everything. That baby is perfect! I just want to cuddle her. :friends: so cute! I'm sorry your knee is puffing up and giving you trouble. It's probably normal. My knee is numb on the outside but I think you're describing something else, but nag, nag, are you resting, elevating or icing? We're getting to the stage where we can do most things and not have to ice much but for me anyway, the knee complains if I do too much. I hope that by now the swelling has subsided and you are feeling better.
 
Pat, just catching up. Your little Robyn and your new grand niece are both so adorable.

Sorry to hear your knee has been giving you a bit of jip (gyp?). Hope it's healing.
 
Hi eyeryone. Been a while since I posted. Not been a great start to the year. Daughter Karlea very ill with a viral thing going round. I looked after her for a change as she has been my carer since coming out of hospital. Knee which was very swollen and numb all over is getting better at last. On advice from OS I had complete bed rest for a couple of days and numbness started to go but still quite swollen. Normal I know. Good days and bad. Also had very bad news from a friend of mine in recovery from cancer that chemo was not helping so all in all been a bit misreable to be honest. Karlea now back at Uni but still coughing and chest infection. On antibiotics. Im hoping to start exercing this knee and get things started again. Seem to have slipped back to early recovery days. O Well as I keep saying Onwards and Upwards. Nice to be back. Will catch up will all your news now.
 
hi Pat
I hope your knee settles down again, sounds like you've been over-doing things :sad: . sorry to hear 2013 hasn't had a great start, lets hope things pick up very soon.
Fernie
 
I saw your post on another thread..... you have been away for a while!!!!:snork: How are you doing?.... must be feeling better and getting busy. I find that is getting in the way of my posting lately. Getting too busy and then being tired and not feeling like doing much. Hope you are doing well.
 
So sorry to hear that this new year hasn't started well for you. Hope Karlea is better now. So sorry to hear about your friend. I hate that 'c' word - bad bad bad. I do hope something can be done for your friend.

As for your knee, you've probably been a little run down with everything going on, so that has effected your knee. I'm sure it will get better very soon.

Try and be positive my good friend - I know, easier said than done :umm:
 
Pat, you are having a heck of a start to the new year! :console2: I hope your daughter gets better soon! They say this is the worse year for the flu, the season began way too early!

I'm so sorry about your friend, I really hope something comes along that will help her, all prayers go out to her! So very sad!

I'm glad to hear that your knee is coming along! Take care! (((((Hugs)))))
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom