TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Randi will check out your thread and see how you are. x x:umm:
 
Well good news is my knee is improving daily. I am walking around the house unaided. Still a little bit nervous outside so take one crutch with me. Bad news is my face is awful. Hopefully the penicillin will start working soon. It just gets you down when you look in the mirror and look so awful even tho you are feeling better. Well now im feeling positive looking forward to week 6. More physio and appt with OS. Have a lovely day everyone. Lets keep healing.:egypdance::happydance:
 
Glad your knee is improving, hope your face settles soon. Lovely photo
Toothfairy :flwrysmile:
 
Robyn, that just is probably some word I shouldn't use on here! Sorry about the face. We are so self concious about the littlest things on the face! But it will pass and meanwhile your knee is moving right along!
 
Not had a good nights sleep for the last few nights. But I am getting back to sleep quicker after my trip to the loo or taking my meds which does help. I am getting so confused with my BP meds. If i take them my BP comes down but my ankle swells just on my operated side which makes my knee swell as well. If i dont take them my BP creeps back up. I am going to see my GP I think to see if there is ant other med i can take which wont make my ankle swell.My face thank goodness is getting better. Something i really could have done without this week but its clearing up a little. Hopefully nothing else is going to go wrong. LETS HAVE A GOOD WEEK.(PLEASE).:bicycle1:
 
Suddenly cheered up. It dosent take much. Going for a meal with my eldest daughter tonite then going to the cinema to watch the last Twilight film. Am so excited. Will take some ice with me just in case but am so looking forward to getting out of these four walls. :egypdance: :happydance::yay:
 
Patricia and outing with your daughter is always a good thing. Good idea to take ice along to the movies. I am surprised you can sit through one yet at only a little over a month out. My knee always got sore at that time unless I had it elevated. Well, you could always sling it over the seat in front of you and tell the people...Excuse me, I need to elevate....:rotfl:
 
Do you think they would understand Debbie. Maybe I could just direct them to the Bonesmart site hehe:rotfl:
 
Well that was a brilliant night. Did get asile seat so could stretch it out and it behaved perfectly. When i got home knee swollen a little bit but the ankle a LOT. Not sure why. Maybe Josephine; can help. Not sure why my ankle and foot is swelling out so much. Other foot is fine.
 
I hate to admit it but the Twilight movies hail from my "neck of the woods" (so to speak). I live on the Olympic Penninsula. Apparently vampires like it here because there's so little sun???
 
Glad you had a good night out! I don;t want to hear what happens as I am looking forward to seeing it comes out on video! Randi a lot of it was filmed on our side of the boarder too... no doubt for the same reason.:giggle:
 
:yes!: Well Ladies i wouldnt mind meeting a vampire like Edward or defnitley a wolf like Jacob. Now that would certainly help with my healing process :giggle:
 
After a good night last nite today and this evening has been AWFUL. I am fed up of not sleeping. Fed up of icing and elevating. Fed up of my famiy assuming because its my six week check up next Monday i will give my crutches back and everything will be back to normal. They seriously think I will resume the housework, the shopping cooking and cleaning. They told me this this evening. I dont believe it. They huff anf puff when I ask them to do things like the dishwasher or taking the rubbish out. Maybe they now realise the things i was doing with a bad arthritic knee without complaint.:beg::cry:I am so sorry for venting but I knew I could on here and if I hadnt I would be standing in my lounge screaming at the top of my voice :yikes: None of us thought this operation would take so long to recover from me included but a little bit of sympathy would be nice. Yes its been a bad night and hopefully I will wake up in a better mood and perhaps sit them al down and let them read the posts on this forum and see its not me being lazy. ARGHHHHHHHHHH:yikes: :yikes:
 
Well, if that doesn't beat all! Who is being lazy? Hello, this is major surgery! My doc said one year to a full recovery although I will probably feel recovered at nine months. My partner had one TKR and is having another in Jan. Our doc felt that at three months I would be able to handle the extra work and it is extra work. That might be what your family is feeling, that they are tired from doing everything you did, but it could be a chance to appreciate how much you actually do. We women aren't always so good at saying no but in this case your body will do it for you. You just can't regardless of how much external pressure is applied. Anyway, it doesn't help to feel crummy and tired from not sleeping. Resilience goes way down. My mom was a great role model, through several joint replacements, she would plunk down in her chair, and command, "Do this! Do that!" And we did it...or get our head sheared off! :bow:
 
Oh Patricia, poor you. Maybe standing screaming and letting all your anger and frustration out is what is needed to get the message across.
I hope you get a better nights sleep.
Sending a hug.
Toothfairy. :iagree: :goodpost:
 
Randi I think I would a liked your Mom.... reminds me of Gramma.... Nobody messed with or disobeyed Gramma!
Pat:console2::iagree: Rob is great but my 30 year old daughter made one meal and has run me 2x a week to PT appointments. A cup of tea here or there would be nice.... Oops, She did clean the chickens nests at 3 weeks and got the eggs a few times when Rob was sick but the last 2 weeks..... nada. Guess I am miraculously cured! :doh: Keep your own pace.... they will work it out. I took the garbage out today, it was a nice walk to the road between rain showers. And they all wonder why I buy garbage cans with wheels and have carts and hand trucks (2 wheel dolly). I am not lifting this stuff.... work smarter!!!!! :ok:
I hope you get a good sleep tonight.... :sleep:things will be better tommorow!:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Patricia, Hoping you have a better day today. I am sure you would love to feel able to ditch the crutches, be pain free and get back to normal life!
Hang on in there.
:console2:
 
Patricia I am sorry you had to go through that. Unfortunately most of us have a story about a family member who has let us down. You are right to be upset and to tell us about it. You are only 3 days earlier than me and there is no way I can take care of everything in my house. I got mad at a comment my SIL made about my house and cleaned things up last night and now I am paying for it. So don't be stupid like me and just do like Randi's mom!
We are just 5 weeks post-op for what I think is the biggest most painful operation out there! I can't believe all the love and support that I have felt on this website. It's crazy isn't it? To think we are strangers yet become bonded by this experience. It has helped me so much and I know you feel the same way. I hope today is a good day for you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom