TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for that Marianne. I really needed that today. Sometimes it all gets a bit too much and thats what happened last night. With all the anxiety leading up to the surgery and then the op, all that comes afterwards and then the day to day problems. People just dont realise what its like and to think they thought it would all disappear after my six week check just made me so mad. Its true what you say we all have a friendship on this forum as we all know what we are going thru and I dont think I will ever forget the kindness of everyone on here. Thank you. :thankyou:
 
:thankyou: Randi, Joy and Toothfairy. Youre always there for me when I have a rant or when I have good news youre there to support me too. I appreciate it so much. Dont think I could cope at all without this forum and my friends on it xxxxxxxx
 
I too look forward to your and everyone else's posts. :thankyou: It is very quickly becoming the only place to discuss the challenges we face day to day or be that boring person that whines all the time... Speaking of which, todays challenge is to put on 2 batches of wine... 1 red and 1 white. It isn't hard the kits are basically just add water and take a few measurements... It is the sterilizing rinse of the equipment that will take a couple of icings to do! It might even take 2 days we will see ...... I see wine for Christmas!!!! :beer:
 
As Joy said.... It is very quickly becoming the only place to discuss the challenges we face day to day or be that boring person that whines all the time...
I agree! I am going to try to limit my whining. there is nothing anyone can really do about it for me. So going to try to keep it on here.
Today pitting edema on operative leg, just above knee down to my ankle. I am sure I was up way too much, 4 outtings today. My OS in Los Angeles, traffic ugly due to a Union thing at the airport so over 2 1/2 hours in the car, then came home and dog needed to see vet and that took well over an hour there, then to PT which I actually love, then to dinner at my Dads with visiting family. Cause and effect...
Thanks ladies for listening! What happens on BoneSmart stays on Bonesmart!!!
 
Well quite a day for me yesterday as well. My lovely son bought me a cane because he knew I would be taking the crutches back on Monday. So had an outing to the town with my husband to use the cane. Couldnt believe how quickly I got tired but for a first outing it wasnt too bad. Walking around the house without any aids although my knee is still very stiff getting easier. Made a roast dinner and wrapped lots of presents up sitting in one position without getting any pains which was brilliant thinking back to last year when it was really uncomfortable with arthritic knee. Going to see physio today so hoping things go well. After my little outburst the other night things going much better. By the way how did you go on at OS Marianne. Hope things went ok. Have a good day everyone.
 
Patricia thanks for asking! OS very pleased with my flexion and straightening. Showed me my xrays and said they are perfect. It went well. He reminded me to heel toe walk and that its normal to walk sort of jerky when you start your first couple steps. He didn't want to do anything with my left knee which is more and more swollen and painful. It doesn't die down a bit I will email him and ask if I can come in for a cortisone shot at least. He said to make sure I was doing all the exercises on both knees. He wrote me a prescription for water therapy and more Norco. He spent a good amount of time with me...my beautiful daughter was with me and I think that got me a little extra time. haha!
Can't believe you cooked a roast dinner and walked around town! I sure wear out quickly too!
Good for you on the cane. I am too uncoordinated with one. Make sure you have it adjusted to the right height and you use it on your "good" side!
Glad things are going so well!!!! xoxoxoxox
 
Pleased everything went ok for you Marianne. Maybe I should take one of my 3 daughters with me on Monday too. Good idea for more time. Your OS didnt want to do anything else for your other knee. I am a little worried about what my OS will say about my unoperated knee. He has X Rays of both and has said we need to discuss it when I go for my 6 week check. O well we will see. At the moment I am just pleased to be making progress. Things are getting easier for us arent they. You dont use a cane at all then. I feel too nervous when Im out not to use one, Im fine in the house tho and hope it gets stronger and gives me more confidence. Keep up the good work Marianne always good to hear your news. Take Care.
 
:martini: HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS IN THE USA. HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY :martini:
 
Thanks Patricia! I like my crutches because it doesn't hurt so much when walking but I just use them if I am going to have to be somewhere like the pet store walking around. I was on crutches for about a year off and on before surgery so I'm pretty good with them. Cane...no I get all catty wompas.
 
:martini: HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS IN THE USA. HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY :martini:

Thank you!! In addition to the scrumptious turkey it's a time where we share with others what we appreciate in life.
 
Well all went well at physio. Extension excellent and I used to be able to put my hand under my knee before op. ROM was 90 which has improved from last time and considering my knees are still swollen she was quite pleased with that. I thanked her for being a physio and not a physco which made her laugh. No need to go back until December 20th now just continue the exercises at home. So all in all a very good day x
 
I am so glad to hear you are progressing so well. It is nice that your appointment was good. It is nice to 'turn the corner' in this rehab. Keep up the great work!!!! I take my cane with me everywhere but don't use it in the house or on stable flat ground but here on the property or out and about it is my security blanket providing stability when I need it, eg. stairs. I bought a 'pretty' adjustable one with butterflies printed on it. :giggle:
Brownie... We are not really boring but staying home icing, elevating and resting definatly does no provide much in the way of conversation material. Unless you just watched that cutting edge PBS show and are in a room full of rocket scientists!!!:rotfl: It really gets tiring and a bit depressing watching the news AM, noon, evening and bedtime! :rolleyes:
 
Thank you Joy. After a not very good week this was a nice day. Television does get a little boring dosent it. Like you say you normally catch one news programme normally and its quite interesting but when youve watched it four times a day it gets a little tedious. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving Day. Take care x
 
Thanks Pat.... :)Our Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated the second monday in October... :wink:It was a week before my surgery. lol But it was a lovely day! Hope you are having a lovely sleep:sleep:Chao
 
Well, goodnight all. I am so thankful for the chance to have surgery and a well functioning knee. I'm thankful for my partner, Lindsay, the most diligent and kind caretaker and helper ever. Even tho I'm getting better I may stretch it out a bit. :happydance: and I'm grateful to all of you for the chance to talk about such interesting topics as flexion, canes vs crutches, and all the encouragement. It has made my recovery so much better. I saw a good quote, something like "People aren't grateful because they're happy. They're happy because they're grateful." So happy Thanksgiving night from USA!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues I thought I would show you a picture of what cheered me up today. This is Robyn my lovely little grand daughter who can make me forget about the pain in my knee every time she comes around.
 
Completely adorable. You are so lucky. My grandma was my favorite person in the world.
 
Oh Pat She is sooooo sweet and I am sure she is the best medicine!!! How old is she?
One bright point in life.... there is no way I am going shopping on Black Friday! Yes, we are close enough to the American boarder that our merchants are also putting on Black Friday sales to keep our shoppers on this side of the boarder... I hate shopping in a mad house so I will not even attempt the struggle. On the news I saw the crazies running over each other to get a phone at Walmart.:hissy::hairpulling::headbang: One fellow was slapped by woman, I think he was a store employee trying to calm the frienzy.... foolish fellow! Can we say .....Gift Card Christmas!!!!!!:thumb:
 
I heard today on our news programme it was Black Friday shopping in the states. I wasnt really sure what it meant. Is it something they do after Thanksgiving. We always save our sales until Boxing Day and I always wonder where people get their money from after Christmas. This year I will be like you. No sales for me. Robyn is 2 and a half. She is bright as abutton. When I was coming downstairs wih my crutches she counted me down eleven steps and then clapped for me at the bottom and said 'Wel Done Nanny' She is so cute.
 
Can someone please explain how we get our status. As in Junior, Member, Senior etc. what does it depend on.No reason really. Just wondering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom