TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. Hope your knees behave.
Toothfairy :dancy:
 
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. Hope your knees behave.
Toothfairy :dancy:
Yes - so do I. Ive given them a stern talking to. So fingers crossed. Thanks for your good wishes:)
 
Patricia, I have never been much of a day sleeper if my nights are bad. Even right after the surgery it was a rare day that I would fall asleep. So I am now at work having only had about 5 hours sleep, and am having a weepy day, to boot. Have not had one of those much lately, but stuff just has me down so I have been sitting at my desk crying. Lucky I get in early and there is no one around yet.
 
O Lisa that is so sad. I had my crying day yesterday. No particular reason. Just a good old cry. Did feel a bit better afterwards and I hope you did too. sending you lots of hugs x:console2:
 
Oh dear Lisa, those days are hard. This knee thing takes all the energy we have to give and then--what???--we have to work or do anything else on top of that?? I hope you feel better and that your day goes well.
 
Patricia, I had to laugh. I was up at 4:30 am in the Pacific US and I thought of posting you like you did me the night before. So nice, that we think of each other.
 
Thats whats so nice about this site.No matter what time or day we know theres always someone we can talk to. Isnt that great. Someone who dosent roll their eyes when you complain one more time about the swelling just know what youre going thru and offer you advice or just plain listen. :friends:
 
Patricia and Randi, Thanks so much! Yes it is great having someone you can complain to although I have to say my best friend Jon at work has probably heard me say the words "ice and elevate" to the point where he would like to scream. But he has been a good buddy. The day did get better. Still not in the best of spirits, but I had a chance to get some sun, even though it was quite cold out, and that helped perk me up. Hug to you both and hope we are not "Sleepless in Seattle" tonight!
 
Time for bed again and hoping for a better sleep. Tomorrow my husband is driving me to see my old school friend Anne. We havent seen each other since last Christmas so am really looking forward to the day. Im hoping both knees will behave and I have a good day. It will be so nice just to get out of the house and have a good old natter and for once not think about my knee(s).:flwrysmile:
 
Rest well and have a wonderful time tomorrow. Having to think about, care for, work on knees is important, I know, but I do get bored with it. Sweet dreams.
 
Well 2.30 am and Im still here. Not looking good. Maybe a stiff drink wud do the trick but dont think so with my meds. Try again. Night All:cocktail:
 
Never underestimate the power of a stiff drink! Not the whole bottle, but one drink might do the trick!
 
Patricia, I like your new pic. It looks for all the world like a black cat dressed up like St. Nick. In the meantime, tangerines have arrived at the stores, a sure sign that the holiday season is upon us. I hope right now you are resting peacefully in the UK.
 
Yes it is my daughters cat Tilly dressed for christmas last year. So cute. Well good news at last. Had a lovely day yday seeing Anne. we talked and laughed all day. Didnt think about my knees all day. My good knee now being very good, not swollen and behaving itself. My operated knee much less painful. Walked to the bathroom from bed this morning. Looked a bit like the tin man but i did it. A lovely nights sleep. Eleven till 9.15. No toilet breaks. Just sleep. O what a wonderful feeling. Please please let this continue and let me turn a corner. 5 weeks tomorrow. x x:sleep: :yahoo:
 
Great news,Pat!:flwrysmile: We all need that good sleep. My husband never sleeps well and I feel so guilty being a 'sleep any where, any time' person. Even through this my biggest problem has been waking enough to roll over and adjust knee or go to the loo and then drop right off again. I do wake more when my knee hurts but I adjust and go back to sleep. Rob wakes and then is awake for 1-3 hours and usually drops off half an hour before he has to get up to go to work... I think he has enjoyed my being so tired as we have gone to bed early many nights and he has had more rest. I tend to be up a couple hours later and sleep an hour longer in the AM.
Here is hoping it is a corner turned!:cheers:
 
:beg: Knew my luck wouldnt last. Both my knees still ok but for some reason I have like an impetigo infection on my face which is spreading and I have been given penicillin to clear it up. Well if I wasnt feeling bad before I am now. My poor face looks awful. Guess its because Im run down a little. Never had anything like this before. :cry:
 
Poor you. You must be really fed up. The antibiotics should hopefully clear it up quickly. Sending sympathy and healing thoughts
Best wishes
Toothfairy
:sorry: :boohoo:
 
I don't know how far from the equator you are in UK but here, North of the 49th parallel, we do not get enough Vitamin D in the winter as it comes from the sun and the sun is too far away in the winter to get an adequate supply. So it is recomended to take a D supplement in the winter to ensure you get enough. I believe it is important to keep up your immune system.
 
Oh Patricia, I'm sorry about the impetigo. What the ??? I tell you, this thing can lay you out for a while that is for sure. :groan: I am feeling very sorry for myself today and so I'm going to go on my thread and complain and not mess up your lovely thread. So I will say this much sympathy for your predicament and best wishes for resolving it soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom