TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat, your little granddaughter is so cute, wish the picture was bigger so I could see her better. I have one grandson that is 3 1/2 and will be getting my first granddaughter in April. I can't wait.
 
Black Friday is a super discount shopping day in the US that is linked to the Thanksgiving long weekend... I cannot remember the details but it is the same as Boxing day sales, perhaps better on the discounts and highly competitive. Many stores here in Canada are following suit to stem the flow of shoppers who go across the boarder to get great bargains and avoid paying the high sales taxes on our goods. It is the big kick off for the Christmas holiday buying season. It is now followed by Cyber Monday for online deals.
I am not missing working this time of year:dancy: at our local Canadian Tire Store, where I am a cashier. People get short tempered when the store runs out of a product:hissy: and can not get more before christmas. It is a very small store. As cashier, being the last person they deal with, it can be a challenge to remain plesant :angel: when crabby customers complain about anything and everything:tantrum: . Some I am sure just need to get something to eat and relax.
So glad you have a personal cheering section, Nanny. I am sure she will get you back in shape much sooner.
 
Pat,


This might be what you were asking about:

New User Titles

You know - that title under your name. It's official appelation is User Title!

Well, I just discovered how to change them as they are still set at the vB forum default. However I am having to reset them all manually just yet. We'll see where we go after that.

So now for the following post counts they are

10,000> omega
5,000-9,999 alpha
3,000-4,999 don (that's as in a college don, or senior lecturer/professor at a university!!)
2,000-2,999 supremo
1,000-1,999 post-grad
500-999 graduate
250-499 senior
100-249 member
20-99 junior member
0-19 newbie
 
Pat, your little granddaughter is so cute, wish the picture was bigger so I could see her better. I have one grandson that is 3 1/2 and will be getting my first granddaughter in April. I can't wait.
Debbie if you click on the picture it will go bigger x
 
Pat, I clicked on the picture of your grandaughter...She is absolutely adorable!....I would just love to give her a big squeeze.
Give her a big hug and kiss from me. Hugs, Gilda
 
Aaah Patricia, your little Robyn is absolutely adorable. They are so cute at that age and she is so clever to be able to count the stairs.

Just caught up with your recent posts and it's good to hear you are doing better now after a few bad days. What a rocky road this journey to recovery is.
 
Patricia, I have a boyfriend for your granddaughter, his name is Eli and he is 3 1/2
[Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Wow Debbe what a lovely couple they would make. arent they adorable.
 
Thank you Gilda. She is cute isnt she.I have had such a good couple of days. walking around the house unaided and catching sight of my operated knee in the mirror looking so straight. It was the first thing I noticed when i got home from the hospital. My extension is 0 and my physio has aways commented how good it is. My ROM not so good but getting there. I think we all hated the way our knees bent before TKR and it does make the operation worth while seeing the difference. I have been out twice today and probably for the first time my knee felt almost normal. Another day out tomorrow to see my middle daughter Karlea at her Uni. Hope this good feeling lasts. Im liking it.:cocktail:
 
Josephine; Are Celebrex or Voltaren available in the UK and would you recommend them when trying to cut down on my meds in the next few weeks. Thank you.
 
What meds are you taking currently and how long have you been taking them?

What ever they are, I'd be most surprised if you needed to 'wean' of them at all. Don't obsess about pain meds, you're not going to get addicted/dependent and the most natural way is to simply adjust the dose with your diminishing pain.It could be about week 10 or 12 or even longer. It really doesn't matter. I was taking my full whack of Tramadol and paracetamol for 12 weeks or more. Some days I took more, other days almost nothing. That's how pain goes. You can't anticipate it much less plan it. However, in the waning days of your pain, you could shift on to the tylenol/ibuprofen cocktail.

As for the drugs you mentioned, Voltarol is diclofenac, a prescription only NSAID and though Celebrex is available in the UK as a prescription only medication, it is not widely used here.
 
Josephine; I am currently taking 2 30/500 co codamol and 2 400mg iburofen 4 times a day. I have been taking the co codamol for at least five years now for arthritic pain and wonder if i will still need it for the unoperated leg once the TKR has settled down. My right knee is quite damaged with arthritis and my OS will tell me on Monday at my six week check what will be the best option for it. Can taking co comadol for so long do any damage. Thank you for your help Josephine Always greatly appreciated.
 
Hi Patricia,
Hope all goes well at your 6 week check tomorrow.
Sorry to hear your leg is swollen but at least you are getting out and about. Hope it settles down quickly.
Toothfairy
:puppysmooze:
 
Makes no difference or harm at all and you certainly don't need to worry about 'weaning' yourself off them. But I do repeat that they are totally inadequate for post TKR and you should talk with your GP about having some Tramadol instead of the codeine. As for pain meds for the other knee, that's an unknowable quantity, I'm afraid, and one which you will only know when it comes to pass. But don't be in too much of a hurry to consider when your left knee is ready to let you do without. Most people have to take strong pain killers for at least 10 or 12 weeks.
 
Thank you for your reply Josephine; I tried tramadol in the hospital and it didnt agree with me at all making me very light headed and feeling sick. Thats why they recommended continuing with the co codamol and adding the iburofen. I must admit that i have copd very well with the pain with this combination and will continue with them now I know I wont be harming myself. Thanks again
 
YES YES YES......... I just walked down the stairs unaided and walked back up holding cup of coffee. Wow really feel as though Ive acheived something today. I dont know if this is good for six weeks post op but its good for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom