TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once she lays her eyes on Jamie Frazier live and on screen.. 'distraction' will take on a whole new meaning, hee-hee! His voice and accent.. whoooo doggy!

I've got all episodes recorded Diane for those days I need to just get away mentally!:heehee:
 
No wonder, they are neat birds! I enjoy just about all creatures. Many an hour has been spent watching birds at my feeders and birdhouses. What is so neat is watching the babies take their first flight! I LOVE it! I have photos of them sticking their heads out of the hole in the house, but never have I been able to catch their first flight. Maybe one day.
 
first flight

How cool would that be. I love to watch how pelicans sorta transform from how they look perched, vs how they change when they take flight. I had a piece of stained glass made by an artist friend, to hang by my window so I could see one when not by the bay.



[Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling
 
It's beautiful! She's quite talented. I think that would be a very interesting and rewarding trade to take up. I've heard it's quite difficult.
 
Ha, ha, had to laugh about the Poise pads. It was I who had the "accident".....true confessions here, and yes, poise provides insurance! You will be glad.
 
I love zucchini bread. I made some about a week ago and shared it with my daughters. I'm going to make some more today or tomorrow since I have a bunch more zucchini from my garden. I make it during the summer, then freeze it for winter. But first I have to make some pickles from the cucumbers we picked this weekend. It was so nice of your mom to bring you dinner. I thought about doing it for you too, but I can't come up with a meal that's dairy free and preservative free, even though I make most of my food from scratch. So, how's your knee today?
 
Wow!!! I missed all of the excitement about " Outlander"'yesterday, I have to check it out.

@Suz and @dianehelen I feel so out of the loop, I'm on a mission now, hahaha
 
Day Seven.

My knee was extremely painful last night, maybe an 8 or so on the pain scale and many tears were shed. It feel so swollen and it hurt all over, and especially on the inside of the knee.

I told my husband between tears that I'm looking forward to walking with the DoodleButt on Bodega Bay...hiking in Colorado...riding around the lake... Anything to remind me of why I did this :). I'm not doubting at all, but there are times when it helps to look ahead at what I'll be able to do.

My husband noticed that the mattress he put under the sofa cushions, while being the exact size of the sofa and pretty firm, was making the cushions lean toward the back of the sofa. He removed the mattress and we're hoping that maybe my being off-kilter a bit was adding some strain to my leg and knee, causing pain and swelling.

I sure hope it feels better as the day goes on. I'm not able to bend it very much at all. BUT! I know that with the swelling, bending is not gonna happen, so I'm being patient and icing.
 
So sorry your knee is so painful for you. This surgery has so many ups and downs, it's just a nasty roller coaster ride sometimes. It's hard to see past the moment when you're in so much pain, but it does get better eventually. I hope your knee settles down and gives you some rest.
 
@lovetocookandsew - LOL at your avatar! It's that other voice that keeps us up, isn't it?

You're too sweet to think of that! My husband has been doing well and is at whole foods now :). My sister-in-law was kind and brought us dinner last week, but thought that not being able to have dairy meant not being able to have cheese and she brought a couple chowders from Boudins :snork:. I had the salad and some sourdough and my husband loved the soups.

I updated my knee in post #95. It's been painful and swollen, but the incision looks good—no redness or anything that looks off. I'm hoping that it'll calm down soon. Maybe it's being extra cranky because the Giants forgot how to play baseball!!!!!!!! :gaah: Giants in Fenway tomorrow and Wednesday—should be fun in our house :loll:.

@uva55 - Thank you. She's a golden doodle and is a little over two years old. She is truly the sweetest dog I've ever had. She *loves* people and will go up and say hello to everyone in the dog park. She doesn't care about the other dogs so much, just the people and her tennis ball. I'm looking forward to training her to be a therapy dog and volunteering in that capacity once my knee is better.
 
@LoveGiants I LOVE your golden doodle. But I'm sad you are in such pain. Are you doing meds by the clock?

Hope you get some relief ASAP

I have 2 Golden Retrievers, and they just make me happy even when I'm sad. Dogs rock!
 
I agree the Giants have temporarily forgotten how to play, but I'm sure will remember soon. I could make you a meal later this week if you could give me details on what to avoid and maybe some ideas of what you can both eat and also both like.
I loved that avatar too when I saw it, and thought it perfect for this site. Between all the knees and several people who have penguins for their avatar, I couldn't resist...:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom