TKR One Year Anniversary!

I do my best to shop local if possible. Unfortunately, much of my recent purchases have been through Amazon because of this TKA. Some of the vendors at my favorite market will deliver which is great.
 
Another question! For those of you who take Lyrica (Pregabalin) do you take it during the day and do you have any side effects?
 
So, I am into my 9th week with this recovery roller coaster. I’m wearing leggings today. The first time since before the surgery and I don’t think my knee likes them one bit. It’s sore and warm (not bad) and itchy. I do see veins popping up along the sides behind the knee and going into the knee cap. Reconnecting. I think that might be what’s itching. Still feeling the need to ice and elevate it at night and I’m still awake at 2 in the morning. Assuming all this is ”normal.” Going out to sing and play music tonight with our peeps. My husband and I are trying to start a bluegrass band like we had when we lived in California. We played mostly libraries, retirement and nursing homes and seniors centers. It’s exhausting but tons of fun!
 
Yes, that all sounds very normal for 9 weeks.

Enjoy your music!
 
Hi PeachyKnee,
The itching may be from dry skin, swelling (stretched skin) or healing wound. Warmth is considered normal also at this point. Other than the annoying sensations, I'll bet it felt good to put leggings back for the first time! I remember feeling that way about getting back into jeans.

What an exciting venture and something to look forward to as you're progressing through recovery...your bluegrass band that is. Not really certain I understand the characteristics of blue grass, but maybe? I'm your age and my concert days are long gone, but I caved and went to a Doobie Bros / Eagles concert a couple weeks ago with my sister and I think the Eagles have a bit of what I'd consider bluegrass sound, mixed with other genres. All I can say is the concert was fantastic, nothing but their hits so no boring new unfamiliar tunes that have you heading to the restroom, lol.

Best Wishes for tonight and your music venture to put a group together.
@PeachyKnee
 
Going out to sing and play music tonight with our peeps. My husband and I are trying to start a bluegrass band like we had when we lived in California. We played mostly libraries, retirement and nursing homes and seniors centers. It’s exhausting but tons of fun!
How wonderful! Music is so good for both body and soul.:froggies:
 
Hi PeachyKnee,
The itching may be from dry skin, swelling (stretched skin) or healing wound. Warmth is considered normal also at this point. Other than the annoying sensations, I'll bet it felt good to put leggings back for the first time! I remember feeling that way about getting back into jeans.

What an exciting venture and something to look forward to as you're progressing through recovery...your bluegrass band that is. Not really certain I understand the characteristics of blue grass, but maybe? I'm your age and my concert days are long gone, but I caved and went to a Doobie Bros / Eagles concert a couple weeks ago with my sister and I think the Eagles have a bit of what I'd consider bluegrass sound, mixed with other genres. All I can say is the concert was fantastic, nothing but their hits so no boring new unfamiliar tunes that have you heading to the restroom, lol.

Best Wishes for tonight and your music venture to put a group together.
@PeachyKnee
Thank you! Wow. How great to see both those bands!! The Eagles are close, but not. If you ever saw and episode of the Beverly Hillbillies, Andy Griffith, or Hee Haw you’ve likely heard traditional bluegrass music. Nice to know all this is fairly normal….
 
Going out to sing and play music tonight with our peeps. My husband and I are trying to start a bluegrass band like we had when we lived in California. We played mostly libraries, retirement and nursing homes and seniors centers. It’s exhausting but tons of fun!
Yes!!!!
 
Have a fab time!!!! Sounds great :)
…… I tried leggings at week 6………. Far too soon….. I’ve never had so many dresses in my wardrobe !!!! :heehee::heehee:
My first TKA was in winter so it was cold and I quickly developed a horribly itchy all over skin rash from a med interaction; my whole body rebelled against anything with texture. I ended up mail ordering some soft smoothly woven bamboo pjs plus a couple of pairs of cheap poly/rayon pull on pants I could wear to md and pt appointments. I ended up just wearing the pjs because I really didn't care!
It was a JOY to recover enough, like months later, to wear a pair of flannel lined jeans!
 
Have a fab time!!!! Sounds great :)
…… I tried leggings at week 6………. Far too soon….. I’ve never had so many dresses in my wardrobe !!!! :heehee::heehee:
My first TKA was in winter so it was cold and I quickly developed a horribly itchy all over skin rash from a med interaction; my whole body rebelled against anything with texture. I ended up mail ordering some soft smoothly woven bamboo pjs plus a couple of pairs of cheap poly/rayon pull on pants I could wear to md and pt appointments. I ended up just wearing the pjs because I really didn't care!
It was a JOY to recover enough, like months later, to wear a pair of flannel lined jeans!
Wow! So happy to hear it finally resolved! I’m just learning what’s irritating and what’s not!
 
Hey Everyone! The music jam was a lot of fun last night and we met with a few potential band mates to discuss stuff. Probably won’t get together for rehearsals until sometime in January.
I was exhausted as expected and the knee did not like it at all. It did finally calm down and I got some sleep. The last few nights have been better. I wake up around 2AM, but go right back to sleep which is a big improvement!
Thanks for the dry and itchy skin stories and info. Y’all are great in making me feel that all of this is “normal.”
I see the surgeon tomorrow for the second post op appointment. Anxious to see what the X-rays will tell him.
 
Interesting how your knee hates the leggings. Miss Knee doesn't like anything but! I've only been comfortable with loose pants for the last few weeks. And I just realized the sheet isn't driving me crazy anymore. As for the dryness, I need to moisturize that whole area. I avoided my scar until it was completely healed.
 
Glad you had fun last night! Thankfully sleep is improving for you also.
Best Wishes for a good appointment today. Let us know how it goes, if you feel like sharing.
Happy Thursday!
@PeachyKnee
 
I saw the orthopedic surgeon this morning. He’s very pleased with my progress and thinks I should be out kicking some butt with that knee this holiday!! Lol. He’s very warm and funny. He has released me until this time next year or unless I need them. Overall, very happy and things do feel much improved.
 
Fantastic news! it feels awesome to get a nod from your surgeon that all appears as it should.
Liking him and appreciating his sense of humor, an added bonus!
Enjoy the day and weekend, PK! :)
@PeachyKnee
 
I love hearing your good news! Now, don't kick too high or too hard yet!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom