TKR One Year Anniversary!

Yay to driving! I started last Wednesday. It feels so good to have freedom. My friends have been great about driving me places but I live almost 40 minutes away from some of them. I'm at 7 weeks as well. A great update ❤️ Go easy in the store. That's tiring. I'm heading out to a church bazaar this morning.
Thank you! I’m going going to do the store tomorrow. I don’t have to do it all in one day! But yeah. I was great getting out on my own.
 
Hey Everyone! I went to a three hour bluegrass/country music jam today 25 minutes from home. I use to attend regularly before I went back to work. I’m on my second post retirement job. Lol. It went well. The host has a chair lift in his house that goes down to the music room where we jam. I used it instead of the rock pathway that is sometimes slippery if it’s wet. Several of us have fallen on them. It was good to be among friends and doing something I love to do! I’m icing and elevating and have compression socks on tonight as I’m writing this note.

Yesterday, I walked all around Kroger unassisted and did just fine. Something about week 7 has changed for the better! Is it ok at this point to put lotion or vitamin e oil on the scars?

I hope everyone has a very very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!
 
Yes, with the incision fully healed you can use something on it - my go-to for 50 years has been vit E oil to promote no-scar healing.

Wonderful that you've noticed a qualitative change! Each of my knees has had one or two shifts like that in addition to the tiny milestones.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Good morning from North Georgia! Happy day after Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a great time and that it’s going well. Ours was quiet. My husband doesn’t like Thanksgiving food in general and didn’t want me to cook for him. So I made a Thanksgiving meal for myself! Later in the day I walked to the corner street sign. GPS says it’s about 600 feet, but when I got there I didn’t realize how much of a slope it was and wasn’t sure if I could make it down the hill. Lol. I did of course. Slowly and surely. A major milestone. I couldn’t walk that before the surgery! Happy weekend to all. I’m headed into week 8. I got this!
 
Last edited:
A major milestone. I couldn’t walk that before the surgery!
These milestones to a person who hasn't undergone a TKR might seem like nothing, but to us who have been through it, know that it is a huge thing! Congrats on your accomplishment! You go, girl!
 
What a fabulous milestone!!!!! :dancy:
 
So today is a cold and cloudy icky kind of day in the mountains. My knee has ached more today than usual. Do the new knees react to the weather like the old knees did? Mine seems to be that IT band just under the knee. I took just a tiny bite of a Tramadol- I’d been doing so well off of them, but it seemed to take the edge off. The week was pretty busy. Maybe it’s caught up with me.

My big goal this week is I’m planning a road trip-an hour and 15 minutes- to see a dear, dear friend. She’s been a massage therapist for the past thirty years. Will post the results. And something nice to do on my last day before going back to work full time!

Oh,and my Orthopedic group is opening an office around the corner from me! I’m going to see if I can get my Dec. appointment changed to go to the new office.

Y’all have a great week!
 
Do the new knees react to the weather like the old knees did?
Mine did for about the first year or so. Now, not so much.
Oh,and my Orthopedic group is opening an office around the corner from me! I’m going to see if I can get my Dec. appointment changed to go to the new office.
I hope you can. That would be so much more convenient.
 
Do the new knees react to the weather like the old knees did?
Is It True You Can Feel Weather Changes In Your Joint?

For some people, yes. It's especially true for patients with arthritic joints who have not had a joint replacement, but also the case even after you have a new prosthetic in place.

Weather changes are predicted by changes in barometric pressure, which is the weight of the air pressing against the earth's surface. These changes can trigger pain and stiffness in the area of the prosthesis. The activity of bone adapting and growing around the metal leads to the sensitivity felt during weather and pressure changes. These sensations normally disappear within one to two years following surgery.

Have a great week, PeachyKnee!
 
Road trip!!!!!.:yay: have a FABULOUS time!!!!
(and yeah, I was wearing fuzzy leg warmers under my jeans yesterday!)
 
Hello Everyone!

So I did not go on my road trip today. We have rain here for the next three days! I just don’t drive well in it anymore and not in Atlanta traffic on a rainy Friday! I’ll let y’all know when I do it.

The knee is doing well. It is less warm, but itches like crazy. I still have some issues with eczema around it. So I think it is that and not the knee. It is still sore in spots and still aches sometimes under the knee bend. Overall there’s improvement. It’s always more uncomfortable at night. I’m assuming all of this is normal except the eczema….

PT is reducing my sessions to once a week. I think I’m going to use the gym in our apartment complex. So I can keep the exercise momentum going.

Happy weekend!!
 
Sorry you had to postpone your road trip.

Yes, everything seems to be proceeding nicely with your knee. Hopefully that exzema itch will go away soon!
 
It is still sore in spots and still aches sometimes under the knee bend. Overall there’s improvement. It’s always more uncomfortable at night. I’m assuming all of this is normal
Yes, what you describe is normal for two months post-op. I continued to have some stiffness and occasional ashiness for several months -- especially late in the day as I increased my level of activity.
I'm sorry you had to cancel your road trip, but it sounds like you are progressing well. :flwrysmile:
 
It is still sore in spots and still aches sometimes under the knee bend. Overall there’s improvement. It’s always more uncomfortable at night. I’m assuming all of this is normal
Yes, what you describe is normal for two months post-op. I continued to have some stiffness and occasional ashiness for several months -- especially late in the day as I increased my level of activity.
I'm sorry you had to cancel your road trip, but it sounds like you are progressing well. :flwrysmile:
Thank you! It’s so good to have support from people who have been through it!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom