TKR One Year Anniversary!

Sorry you had to postpone your road trip.

Yes, everything seems to be proceeding nicely with your knee. Hopefully that exzema itch will go away soon!
Thank you Mendogal! This itch has been going on all summer and fall, I have a new dermatologist and hope to get help from her. The last one told me there was nothing else she could do for me! I really wanted to be done with this before the knee surgery, but here I am dealing with both issues. The knee actually is the better of the the two. Your support and support from this group are appreciated beyond words!!!
 
I hope your visit went well and your knee behaved itself.
 
So my question for tonight is about discoloration around the knee. It seems to still be bruised in spots. Is that normal? I still have some swelling along the side of it at the bend and the eczema still drives me bats, but it’s getting better.
I go back to the office full time tomorrow! Having a little anxiety over it, but it will do me good and they are good to me. I keep thinking I might really retire by this time next year.
 
After I was up for a while and did extra activities, my knee would turn purple looking in my first few months. I even asked about it on here after sending a photo. I was told that it was normal, just extra blood going to my knee during healing. If yours are actually bruises, you should ask your doctor about them. You could always send a photo.
 
Thank you! I did not think about sending a photo but here it is…
After I was up for a while and did extra activities, my knee would turn purple looking in my first few months. I even asked about it on here after sending a photo. I was told that it was normal, just extra blood going to my knee during healing. If yours are actually bruises, you should ask your doctor about them. You could always send a photo.
IMG_0211.jpeg
 
I think you are OK. If you are concerned be sure to send your doctor the photo. Let's see what others think.
 
I think you are OK. If you are concerned be sure to send your doctor the photo. Let's see what others think.
Thank you! It’s so good to get opinions from you and others here on Bone Smart. This being new territory for me and all!!
 
I don't see anything that looks like a fresh bruise.
 
That is a fading bruise. It appears yellowish in color. It's going bye-bye. :wink:
I hope work wasn't too much for you today. Hopefully you can take it easy and rest in the evenings after work for another month. That's kind of asking a lot in the crazy busy month of December, but you can try.
A peaceful evening to you chillin in your favorite spot. :wave:Happy Two Month Anniversary!
@PeachyKnee
 
That is a fading bruise. It appears yellowish in color. It's going bye-bye. :wink:
I hope work wasn't too much for you today. Hopefully you can take it easy and rest in the evenings after work for another month. That's kind of asking a lot in the crazy busy month of December, but you can try.
A peaceful evening to you chillin in your favorite spot. :wave:Happy Two Month Anniversary!
@PeachyKnee
Thank you Layla! I would hope all the bruising would be gone by now, but glad it is going by-bye. I’m exhausted from my first day back to work but it was a good one. A little more pain than usual on the knee. I have it propped up and icing it tonight. I see the surgeon next week. A good evening to you too!
 
I fell last year, on my PKR, and it bruised a lot, lasting for several months. And that was just falling on it, no internal surgery causing more trauma. In fact, I still have some color near my ankle that never went away.
 
the eczema still drives me bats
Do you have an apiary nearby? Beeswax is the best healer. If you can find someone local who makes beeswax ointment, it might help with your eczema. I am finding that is the best thing for mine. Apparently, if you buy honey from the area where you live, it helps with allergies.
 
the eczema still drives me bats
Do you have an apiary nearby? Beeswax is the best healer. If you can find someone local who makes beeswax ointment, it might help with your eczema. I am finding that is the best thing for mine. Apparently, if you buy honey from the area where you live, it helps with allergies.
Um....
I totally agree with topical beeswax as being worth a try...
However there isn't science to back up eating local honey: Note that the plant allergens are pollen (or sometimes, topically, to saps during pruning).
Honey is made from nectar, not pollen. Even local totally "raw" honey from the comb will have zero (or maybe insignificantly teeny amounts of) pollen.
Of course if you actually ARE allergic to a specific pollen, you don't want to risk ingesting it, so do avoid local "bee pollen" products!
 
Last edited:
I guess I should have prefaced that with it's not scientific. Of course, you want to be careful if you have allergies. I personally rarely eat honey due to what it does to my blood sugar.
 
I guess I should have prefaced that with it's not scientific. Of course, you want to be careful if you have allergies. I personally rarely eat honey due to what it does to my blood sugar.
Thank you. I have the same issue with blood sugar.
 
the eczema still drives me bats
Do you have an apiary nearby? Beeswax is the best healer. If you can find someone local who makes beeswax ointment, it might help with your eczema. I am finding that is the best thing for mine. Apparently, if you buy honey from the area where you live, it helps with allergies.
Um....
I totally agree with topical beeswax as being worth a try...
However there isn't science to back up eating local honey: Note that the plant allergens are pollen (or sometimes, topically, to saps during pruning).
Honey is made from nectar, not pollen. Even local totally "raw" honey from the comb will have zero (or maybe insignificantly teeny amounts of) pollen.
Of course if you actually ARE allergic to a specific pollen, you don't want to risk ingesting it, so do avoid local "bee pollen" products!
Thank you. We do have a few local growers. One is like a block or two from us. I can check on this…
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom