TKR One Year Anniversary!

I agree. And they would be coming through for your director, not for you, since this wasn’t even what you signed up for. Remind yourself that like benne68 said, it is very reasonable for you to decline this trip right now and don’t let anyone make you feel like you should do it.
Thank you! This job is my second post retirement job and this issue of home visits may be the hill I die on. I’ve already told my husband to plan on my resignation at the end of the year.
 
I used the knee replacement surgery recovery as my reason for not traveling that distance. I’m just 4 months post surgery.
And rightly so! Keeping your new knee in that position for 4-5 hours would definitely cause you discomfort. And having to do it two days in a row! Yikes.

Good for you for pushing back. Folks who haven't lived through this recovery really don't understand how long it takes.

:console2:
Thank you! This job is my second post retirement job and this issue of home visits may be the hill I die on. I’ve already told my husband to plan on my resignation at the end of the year. And I told her the doctors said it’d be 6 months to a year for full recovery.
 
So the whole 5 hour road trip resolved and that county is covering it. I did agree to do a different one that is closer and I can have lunch with a friend. Still two hours but doable. Does your knee still react to rainy weather?
 
Yep. Rainy weather def affects my post op joints!
 
So glad you were able to change that home visit to something more manageable! Be sure to plan on a couple of rest stops so you can get out of the car and walk around to move your knee. It will help with the stiffness.
Does your knee still react to rainy weather?
Yep! We have heavy snow here today and both my new knee and my 2+y-o knee are complaining. (All though not as badly as they did before my TKRs!)
 
So just checking in with y’all. How’s everyone doing? I hope recovery is going well. I have good and bad days. Our weather here in the South has been nothing but chaotic and neither knee likes it very much. Now, my complaint is that my upper thigh at the hip joint on the operative leg catches and is painful. Hopefully this will not be an issue.

I did make it to see my long time friend who is a massage therapist. It was terrific and very helpful.
 
That location could be quadriceps or psoas - your massage therapist might know how to check and possible provide gentle stretch or release.
 
Hey Everyone!
I had my total right knee replacement done on this date one year ago! And I have survived it!! Now I can say I’m happy I did it. I wasn’t so sure along the way. I very rarely take any pain meds. I do still like to ice it. I’m able to do stairs up and down. Driving doesn’t bother me now. I’m taking a six hour road trip by myself in a few weeks and that will be a real test. I’m going on a solo vacation. First time in a very long time. I’m so excited!!

Thanks everyone for being such a great support system on this incredible journey. It’s by far the hardest I’ve ever done with regard to surgeries. I love each of you for being there. And I can tell y’all truthfully that I’m not doing this **** again! ✊
 
Thank you for stopping by with an update!!!!! Have a wonderful time traveling!
 
Happy One Year Anniversary, PeachyKnee!
Thanks for sharing an update on what one year post op can look like. Also for your kind words in regard to the forum. We're happy you shared your journey here.
Safe travels on your vacay...Enjoy!
@PeachyKnee
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom