TKR One Year Anniversary!

@PeachyKnee
Bluegrass Music! There’s actually a big Bluegrass Music community in Southern California! I am a musician. I sing and play the Mandolin.

I play old time music! Clawhammer banjo. So fun!
I can’t really claim to be a musician! Hah!
 
@rlwintin When I was working before my knee got bad, I had a client who was an Old Time Fiddler, a local group. I got a personal concert on day when his sister was visiting and talked him into playing for me! It was the highlight of my years working in homecare. And I believe the last time he played fiddle before he died. Not quite blue grass but fun and a wonderful memory. @PeachyKnee
 
@rlwintin When I was working before my knee got bad, I had a client who was an Old Time Fiddler, a local group. I got a personal concert on day when his sister was visiting and talked him into playing for me! It was the highlight of my years working in homecare. And I believe the last time he played fiddle before he died. Not quite blue grass but fun and a wonderful memory. @PeachyKnee
Old Time music is great stuff!
 
@PeachyKnee
Bluegrass Music! There’s actually a big Bluegrass Music community in Southern California! I am a musician. I sing and play the Mandolin.

I play old time music! Clawhammer banjo. So fun!
I can’t really claim to be a musician! Hah!
 
So my appointment was canceled and rescheduled. I cancelled it. Too wet. Too many opportunities to fall. Will try it again this week.
 
Hello there!
I'm happy for you! Great accomplishment on the road to recovery, PeachyKnee.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@PeachyKnee
 
Oooh a FABULOUS milestone!!! :egypdance:
 
Hey Everyone! So, I use a spray bottle of water and tea tree oil on my itchy skin and I find that my knee seems to like it too. It’s cooling and like a spritzer or like spraying a delicate plant. Lol. Am I going to rust out my knee doing this? Lol. Just sharing the info.
 
My total knee replacement recovery has been going very well. Suddenly tonight I’m having what feels like nerve pain on the right side of the knee.. My surgery was October 4, 2023 and I thought I was past having any problems. At this stage, what do y’all think? I’m taking 100 mg of pregabalin (Lyrica) once a day at night for nerve issues post surgery and for my itchy itchy skin issues, which is by the way, much improve. Thank you. Y’all are awesome!!
 
The right side of your R knee is lateral... Is it near your numb area? Often we experience a variety of sensations on our lateral side as the teeny sensory nerves that were cut or damaged start regenerating and talking among themselves. Zingers, pain, and dysesthesias (weird skin sensations like hot, cold ,wet, friction, etc) are common.
 
The right side of your R knee is lateral... Is it near your numb area? Often we experience a variety of sensations on our lateral side as the teeny sensory nerves that were cut or damaged start regenerating and talking among themselves. Zingers, pain, and dysesthesias (weird skin sensations like hot, cold ,wet, friction, etc) are common.
Numb area? Like the tight band that comes and goes under my knee? Then yes. Zinger sounds like an appropriate description.
 
The right side of your R knee is lateral... Is it near your numb area? Often we experience a variety of sensations on our lateral side as the teeny sensory nerves that were cut or damaged start regenerating and talking among themselves. Zingers, pain, and dysesthesias (weird skin sensations like hot, cold ,wet, friction, etc) are common.
Numb area? Like the tight band that comes and goes under my knee? Then yes. Zinger sounds like an appropriate description.
As @mendogal says zingers are common and actually a good sign that the little nerves that have to be cut in surgery are regrowing.
Like many people here I found them scary and unpleasant until I realised they were healthy. I wish doctors would warn us but I only found out about them here. They will gradually fade. I don't get them anymore and my numb patch has shrunk and the numbness diminished. I suspect the nerves have recovered as much as they are going to at over a year out.
 
I have had 6 surgeries on this right knee, the last one was the TKR in 2016, and occasionally still get mild zingers, more like tingling, in my numb area on the lateral side. Even after all this time, I'm having nerves repairing themselves. It's never too late to heal!
 
On my older knee I had a few of these a few months ago and afterward I had improved feeling on that knee. I still have a few numb spots and at some point I think it would be nice if those went away too. If they do I would expect a few zingers. If they don’t not a big deal because the remaining numb spots in my knee are pretty minor. I have a few spots that are not exactly numb but have reduced feeling, so I assume there are still nerves there that have not reattached.
 
I won one in my office this week. I’m an office support person for children service. I took this job because it was close to home and I was not supposed to be doing home visit, but we have a new director and things are changing. They have me doing some very low risk families and I don’t mind if they are sort of local. One of these families lives 4-5 hours away. They would put me in a hotel overnight because of the distance.
I used the knee replacement surgery recovery as my reason for not traveling that distance. I’m just 4 months post surgery. I told the director I just couldn’t do it. So, we’ve reached out to that county and are trying to get a courtesy home visit. No one has said yes yet. So, good thoughts and prayers that they will come through for me.
 
I used the knee replacement surgery recovery as my reason for not traveling that distance. I’m just 4 months post surgery.
And rightly so! Keeping your new knee in that position for 4-5 hours would definitely cause you discomfort. And having to do it two days in a row! Yikes.

Good for you for pushing back. Folks who haven't lived through this recovery really don't understand how long it takes.

:console2:
 
I agree. And they would be coming through for your director, not for you, since this wasn’t even what you signed up for. Remind yourself that like benne68 said, it is very reasonable for you to decline this trip right now and don’t let anyone make you feel like you should do it.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom