TKR One Year Anniversary!

My longer short travel trip and music jam went well last night. I used compression socks that helped but I didn’t have them on all the time. And I had my meds and ice pack and I was able to sit in a chair and prop my leg up on pillows. People were glad to see me back. So it was a pleasant time with my friends.
 
Atta girl! :egypdance:
Thanks for sharing and happy to read it went well for you! :ok:
I hope you have a wonderful day, PeachyKnee!
@PeachyKnee
 
I use some prescription ointments for an itchy skin condition they can’t figure out.
If you look up the side effects for Lyrica and Hydrocodone, itching is listed as a possible side effect for both meds.

Great news on getting closer to walking unaided. Best Wishes!
Hey Layla. I’m not taking the Hydrocodone, but take Tramadol at night and trying to only use a half tablet. It has cleared up quite a bit but It still itches quite a bit too and I want to scratch at it.
 
I went most of the day yesterday without the strong opioids. I might not need to get Tramadol or any other medication.
What good news! You will find that at times as you will probably need some extra strong meds, so it's best to have some on hand. Your days and nights can be like a rollercoaster with low pain and then some nights with high pain. It all depends on your activity during the day and your knee's reaction to it. This rollercoaster recovery is completely normal, so don't worry when some of those bad times come again. We have all experienced it.
Wow. This is so true. I haven’t taken any Tramadol since last night after my outing. Now it’s kind of calling my name. I have a bag of frozen Brussels sprouts wrapped in a towel on the knee. I like them, but they won’t be missed.
 
Is it red and really hot, or just a lot warmer than your other knee? Being warmer is completely normal and that warmer temperature will last for many months. Being warmer is a byproduct of the healing going on inside that poor knee and is normal.
Tonight it is less warm, less swollen and less itchy. I‘m still getting prickly pains though in my leg.
 
@Loulou67
Thank you for your comment above, Loulou!
We're happy you find the site informative and thankful you joined us!

@PeachyKnee
We appreciate your time here! The camaraderie is amazing. I can't imagine my recovery without the support I found here while healing right along with others in real time. It was a comfort to say the least.

@Dmcfad2
We're thankful you continue to return! That says a lot. I hope today is a better day after yesterdays trek.
New car smells. :wink:

@CatieViv
I enjoy following your revision recovery and supporting you along the way! Thanks for sharing your progress here. I am sure it will benefit another experiencing a revision.

Enjoy your day and the weekend, ladies! :friends:
 
My longer short travel trip and music jam went well last night. I used compression socks that helped but I didn’t have them on all the time. And I had my meds and ice pack and I was able to sit in a chair and prop my leg up on pillows. People were glad to see me back. So it was a pleasant time with my friends.
What is this music jam? It sounds fun. We are big music fans. We go to lots of concerts and music venues. Are you a musician or do you just listen? I am learning to play the drums. My husband plays guitar. We jam in our living room sometimes. It’s fun. Of course, my drums are on the back burner now while I recover, but I’ll get back to it one of these days.
 
I'm living here, too!
I was here almost all the time during my recovery and still am! I think it's the best place out there for joint replacement information and empathy. It's strange that I did 10 of my knee recoveries the BoneSmart way, way back in the 80's before it was even formed!
 
My longer short travel trip and music jam went well last night. I used compression socks that helped but I didn’t have them on all the time. And I had my meds and ice pack and I was able to sit in a chair and prop my leg up on pillows. People were glad to see me back. So it was a pleasant time with my friends.
What is this music jam? It sounds fun. We are big music fans. We go to lots of concerts and music venues. Are you a musician or do you just listen? I am learning to play the drums. My husband plays guitar. We jam in our living room sometimes. It’s fun. Of course, my drums are on the back burner now while I recover, but I’ll get back to it one of these days.
Bluegrass Music! There’s actually a big Bluegrass Music community in Southern California! I am a musician. I sing and play the Mandolin.
 
Last edited:
Good morning bone smart people. I’m going into my 7th week and day two without Tramadol! My husband’s not feeling well and was napping. So I walked to the curb and brought the rolling trash can in to the garage without any help. It was not much more than pushing a walker. I’m resting, elevating and icing now.

Later I’m planning to drive -I’ve been cleared-I only took the half tablet of Tramadol at night-my car to the corner quickie oil change station and going to Kroger to pick up a re-order of Diabetes test strips. Dr. ordered the wrong ones! And then I’ll be resting, elevating, and icing again!

My ROM at PT yesterday was 117! Very happy about that. They’ll be releasing me soon. I’m sure Now that I’m closer to the goal.

Hoping I’ve turned a corner overall, but know not to overdue this! Happy weekend to all!!❤️
 
Yay to driving! I started last Wednesday. It feels so good to have freedom. My friends have been great about driving me places but I live almost 40 minutes away from some of them. I'm at 7 weeks as well. A great update ❤️ Go easy in the store. That's tiring. I'm heading out to a church bazaar this morning.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom