Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

My husband also had that crud for a good couple of weeks. I guess all the extra vitamins I've been taking helped me not get it....or the threat that I would kill him if he shared:)
 
I'm back from my OS office this afternoon where I had the first of three Euflexa shots. It was an interesting visit. The PA (Chris) was new and asked if I had any questions and if I was nervous. I explained that after a TKR this is no big deal. He asked how the TKR went, so I just mentioned it was a bumpy with an infection, imbolizer for a month, antibiotics and the blood problem. Chris winced when I mentioned the imbolizer and asked how my ROM was. I told him I was ok that Dr. P. would've been happy with 90 but I have more than that. After the shot he sat back down on the stool and asked if he could see the TKR and that my ROM looked pretty good just hanging there. I pulled up my pant leg and he asked if he could "play with it", I said sure. I was sitting up on the table and he pushed it back and forth a bit (no pain involved of course), sat back and said "that's really good! Unbelievable that you could get that after a month in a brace." I told him that I gained ROM well over a year after my TKR. He just smiled and said, "yep, they get crazy with that ROM deadline." So I think I made Chris's day.
 
You not only made his day, Karri. Your experience and your knee probably taught him a lot.
He sounds nice.
 
I haven't met anyone I didn't like at my ortho group. Through my whole recovery they were all wonderful, supporting and encouraging. As I began to get well, the nurses would tell me how wonderful I looked or how worried Dr. P had been about me. I always felt well cared for. It's funny that no matter who's talking, whether the office or the big UPMC, they say they the same thing about my docs. Dr. J (my TKR) is a great TKR surgeon, but Dr. P (infection) is who you need when there's a problem.
 
Happy you had a good appointment. Hopefully the injections will help both our knees. I go for #2 on Thursday:)
 
Peggy, I've probably had too many in my left knee. It started hurting 6 years ago, but the right went bad fast. I hope they work for us too! Yours has been doing the work of two for quite a while now.
 
I hope the shot does help you. When it does work you should get a good amount of time where you will be pain free. I guess it's a series of 3 shots given 1 week apart?
 
Yes a shot every week for three weeks. We'll see what happens. I'd like to get through summer.
 
I got a series of them last April/May. They seem to work for awhile.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had to look that one up. I have a friend who has been getting HA shots for quite a few years, and they finally were wearing off. He needs a TKR, but is afraid he won't be able to do mounting things climbing anymore. Quite honestly, I'm surprised he could do it at all with OA!

I'll be interested to see how it works - and way to go with the PA! Gotta git 'em while their still young! :snork:
 
@L.I.T , my left knee has been bad longer than my right. So I'm not expecting a lot. I just woke up one day at the beach and couldn't take a step without being in pain. That first day I used two canes to walk anywhere and was in such pain I laid on the bed and cried. 2.5 months later I had a RTKR.
 
@KarriB, that sounds horrid! You are good to have waited 2.5months! I might have gone and checked into the emergency room.... :bolt:

It's odd how reliant we become on the 'non hurt knee'. I knew my left was also on it's way to TKR, but until my RTKR, I had no idea how bad it really was - UNTIL it had to take up the slack.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get some relief with the shots! :fingersx:
 
It looks like I'm going to have a chance to follow my own advice in a few weeks. I'm heading to Disney World for an impromptu trip and my left knee cannot do the walking require for Disney. It does fine with shopping, but 8 hours of walking will do the knee in and I'll be in mega pain. I was just going to sit by the pool, but now it looks like I have one day in the park and will have to use a scooter.
 
A scooter sounds like a great idea, Karri. Your own park ride!
I'm sure it will make a world of difference to your comfort.
 
Sounds like a fun trip!!! It is good to get away. Just use the scooter and do what you can. I, personally, like to people watch, when I am away!!! I know weird!!! Just find a bench put your leg up and enjoy being away.
 
Thanks, ladies! Im looking forward to getting away, it's what retirement is all about!
 
Go, and have a blast! You do what you have to do to make it with these knees.
 
You will have a great time especially with the scooter. Just think how much fun it will be not to hurt at the end of the day :)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom