Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

I think you'll be able to have an even better time with the scooter since you won't be in excruciating pain from walking all day!!

You are brave. :)

Jen
 
Thanks everyone! I'm telling myself the scooter isn't a habit, just a one time thing. I haven't been to Disney in over 30 years and am looking forward to getting away with my friends and niece.
 
A wheel chair got us to the front of the line for rides. We were the "able bodied" companions for a "senior couple" and the husband had ruptured his Achilles tendon just prior to our trip. Maybe a scooter will do the same for you.
 
I'm not sure what the policy is, but I'll wait in line like everyone else. It's just about my deteriorating left knee and enjoying the time instead of being in pain.
 
I hope you have a wonderful time. I am sure your niece and friends will enjoy having you with them, scooter and all, although sitting by the pool soaking up sunshine does sound awfully nice to me!:heehee:
 
I hope your trip is even more fun than you could have imagined!
 
Back from WDW and I have to say I would not have been able to do it without a scooter. My friends were averaging 25,000 steps and 9 miles a day which would not have sat well with my left knee. I was attacked by the scooter, run over and fell in a very small space at the resort. :sos: But no one was there to witness this but me! Whew! I did walk the airports though. I have never seen a place so handicap friendly as WDW. It really is quite amazing. Good news, I squatted on dry land! I dropped something and my back was full with my backpack and carry on, bending over would've meant losing it all, so I squatted down to pick it up and got back up! Yay! I was also able to ride everything I wanted except one ride that meant climbing up and out of the ride. My TKR and natural knee bent enough to ride Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest (2x), my two favorite coasters!
 
I didn't do well parallel parking the thing, so I was trying to get into the room alone, with a door that didn't stay open while standing in front of the scooter. I imagine anyone would have found the whole thing hilarious! It was a great trip! My niece is a saint, dragging us around the parks and airports. More than once I was thankful she is a Crossfitter because she's just so strong!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's great that you had a good time in WDW. I can't even ride the carts in the supermarkets without running into people and groceries. I think a scooter would be way above my abilities. I probably would have it taken away from me!
 
So happy you enjoyed your WDW trip, @KarriB. That is what I hope to be up for doing well. We leave on Nov. 30 and return on Dec. 8. That will be 10 months post-LTKR and 8 months post RTKR. That won't be a full year of healing for either leg. 4 days at WDW followed by 4 days on Disney Cruise. Do you think I'll need a scooter at that point?
 
So happy for you! Sounds like getting out and seeing new sights might be great therapy! Hopefully your scooter fiasco will give you something to chuckle about in the future, but a little frightening at the time!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What a wonderful trip you had! Oh, except for the scooter attack. I'm so glad you're OK! And it's good to have you back here.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom