Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

My friend, Susan, says I have the best of both world's. I struggled for quite a while with being childless and considered adoption, but I am so grateful that my friends opened their hearts to me. It takes special people to share their children so willingly.
 
I agree-you have been blessed. And it is the best of both worlds....just like being a grandparent. You can love them to pieces, totally enjoy being with them, then send them home to their parents to handle the day-to-day not so fun stuff.....:heehee:
 
It was definitely God's plan. Somedays I had the hard stuff, I learned how difficult it is to parent and work outside of the home. I used say I could do 3/4. I could do baths, homework, laundry but add cooking dinner and I was out of my element. Then as they got older I became the third parent so many need to drive to games or practices. I loved every minute though. They're all grown and on their own now so I miss seeing them everyday. That's why this week will be fun. :friends:
 
That's a beautiful picture...you are a very special, giving person, your friends and family are very blessed to have you :flwrysmile:
 
Have Fun @KarriB-!!!

[Bonesmart.org] One Good Leg.
 
Home after a wonderful (hot) week at the sea shore. My knees held up with walking in the sand, although I tried to only make the trip back and forth in the sand once a day. My family remembers three years ago when my right knee gave up the ghost during our yearly trip and we collectively hold our breath each year until we are driving home.
 
Great to hear how much you enjoyed your vacation, no knee worries :yay:, :walking:, and :surfer:, with out any concern!!
 
I'm so glad you had a nice time with your family, and that your knee let you enjoy yourself! It's so wonderful to be able to do normal things again. :yes!:
 
Yippee! Both of your knees let you have a good time! You deserved it!
 
I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your vacation. I'm going to try to give my new knee a spin at the beach on Friday.
 
Made an out of state trip (just 2 hours) to help Ashley set up her HS health/pe classroom. although it was fun, I definitely don't want to set up a first grade classroom. My left knee is achy tonight even as I'm sitting. Shower and ice...:ice:
 
I'm sitting here icing both my new knee and old one. It must have been a lot of fun helping her. Is this her first year teaching?
 
It's her first year of being a full time teacher at a public school. Ashley taught 2 years at a Christian school which she loved, but wasn't making anything close to a living wage. Last summer a public school in Canton, Ohio called her to see if she would do a year as a permanent sub for someone on child rearing leave ( they called the university she attended to get names). So Ashley left the Christian school and moved in the hopes this would become a full time position, it also tripled her income. She is all in now, I think she held back a bit last year, not wanting to be disappointed if it didn't pan out. I'm so used to praying that she gets a good job, that I start and then thank the Lord He gave her one!

It's just quite the turn of events, because for years Ashley would help me with bulletin boards, organizing etc. in the summer and now I'm helping her.
 
Karri,
I had heel pain with my first TKR. It felt tender if touched, and sometimes it felt as if someone was holding a lit candle underneath it. It burned so unbearably sometimes when I put weight on it. When the nurses and Doctor checked they couldn't see any problem and said that it just might be irritated nerve endings. The hurt eventually dissipated, but later after a week, or so, my heel peeled as if I'd had a blister. Only I don't recall having any blisters and everyone who checked it never saw any blisters.
Hope you can find answers to this! I'm curious to see what Josephine has to say since I experienced that too!


11 July, 2016 LTKR
29 February, 2016 RTKR
 
Haha!
Still learning to navigate these threads! I should have read further on! Josephine answered my question in your conversation with her. I DID have calf tenderness! Enough to warrant an exam for blood clots! Sorry I'm so behind in reading your thread. Feeling foolish!


11 July, 2016 LTKR
29 February, 2016 RTKR
 
Don't feel foolish, @Nammy925 ! There are many members with threads, so it can be hard to keep things straight and be sure you've read through everything. My heel is much better, but still feels numb. However it doesn't hurt to walk or drive anymore in part due to my Vionic shoes (flip flops) and in part my wonderful PTs who worked out if the box to stretch my plantar fascia. I still stretch it out every day or I feel the effects. The longer you experience pain with plantar fasciitis the longer it takes to fix. My PTs think retirement will help, not being on my feet all day.
 
Hi Karri! I am happy things worked out for Ashley and she will have a great year. I love the "full circles" we have in life. I bet doing the classroom together brought back lots of memories:)
 
Back
Top Bottom