Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

@KarriB , I believe that Dr Maale will also advise initially without seeing the patient in person, if your friend can send her notes, X-Rays etc to him. She would have to make an initial contact with his rooms first, though.
Am I correct, @RestAssured ?
 
That's what I told her, Celle. Her original OS is just such a bad dr. I wish I had known before she had the surgery. This same surgeon replaced the hip of my mother's best friend. She was in constant pain, but he said everything was fine. She finally drove to the Mayo Clinic from Pittsburgh where they operated. When they opened her up, the hip implant just fell out onto the floor, this is what she told my mother. When she needed a TKR she went back to the Mayo and then would only let my OS do the post op visits as he was a fellow at Mayo. I don't know this dr is allowed to continue practicing.
 
It is a shame how so many OS continue screwing up time after time and unless we know someone who have dealt with them before. On paper they can look great but the reality can be much different.
 
Karri, I am so sorry about your friend! I pray she will be led to the right doctor (sounds like you are leading her to the right one!) and can be healed. I am glad to hear your PF is doing better!
 
Karri: wanted to thank you again for your kind words of faith...I've learned the hard way that there is only ONE WAY TO WIN. Through faith. Blessings,
Diana
 
@KarriB

You could contact Dr. Maale's office and ask. They might do it; I know they used to but with Ami his #! nurse I don't know. Give it a try!:friends:
 
Karri: what's happening with you?
Newbie
 
Di,
Just read that you're taking it easy today! Good idea, this miserable rain is the pits! Saturday is my day to clean, change sheets etc., but today I'm also treating myself and BFF to a pedicure. My two nieces are getting married within two weeks of each other, so it's a "necessity" :heehee:. Also next week looks like sandal weather. So I'm headed to Cranberry for the afternoon.

I'm also deep into a new book, The Nightengale, for my book club.
 
Awesome Karri. Looks like I'm takin' it easy today too as weather is again...how would we say it?...just western PA weather.
Pulled out all my summer clothes over the past few days. Put away my winter stuff, finally!
Haven't had a pedicure in awhile. I do my own toes and fingernails. Will probably do my toes today- first time since last November...like, WHO actually sees your toes in the winter, right?
 
Hi Karri! How does it feel to be officially "retired"? Summer plans?
 
Peggy, the last few weeks have been crazy! Retirement dinners every few nights, deciding what I want and what I'm leaving for the new teacher and now today the last day and a luncheon to honor retirees. I feel a sense of relief that it's all done, but I don't think it'll totally hit me until August when I'm not getting my classroom ready. Thanks for thinking of me! Have you heard from Mayo yet?
 
Congratulations on your retirement from teaching. You have touched many lives as a teacher. Both I and my siblings have spent part or all of our life as high school teachers. It is a difficult and very meaningful job to see young students grow to be wonderful adults. My dad was a lifelong teacher and many of his students have continued to come back to see him over the years. Thanks for all you did for all those children.
 
You are going to need a vacation after all that:). I spoke with them today...still having paperwork issues for the financing. I am so frustrated right now. I will know more tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Beach trip in July, then another in September for my 60th!
 
Thank you! This is Ashley Kara, my best friend's daughter. My bff has had cancer for 23 years. We've been friends for 33 years. When the cancer diagnosis came, her family lives out of state and her husband spent much of the time at the hospital with her. I became the major caregiver for their 3 children anytime she was in the hospital or ill. We still spend a lot of time together, holidays, etc. and I get Mother's Day gifts every year. All three are amazing, resilient and have displayed more perseverance than many adults I know. I even sound like their mother, don't I? This photo was taken at the middle child,, Sean's, wedding last August. We are all heading to beach tomorrow. :happydance: God has certainly blessed me!
 
@KarriB - you have given your bff and her family an incredible gift by being there for them. You've given the kids a kind and selfless role model. What a blessing all around.

Have fun at the beach!
 
Back
Top Bottom