Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

That was good that someone took care of the snow for your dad. I think that fall he had really shook him up and I am happy he is being so careful. I remember when shoveling snow was the big money maker for the neighborhood kids during the winter. My brothers were always doing it.
Trying to loose weight is so frustrating when I am not able to do anything physically yet. I am watching what I eat, doing high protein to help heal but it is coming off slowly. I lost 20 lbs before the original surgery back in June. I'm just happy I've been able to keep that off. Can't wait to ride the bike again.
 
You didn't get any snow this week? What about the cold temps? We had four buses go off the road Tuesday afternoon! Luckily no one was hurt. Are the ski resorts making snow? My friends son shoveled my drive, so it was clear when I came home. My drive has a wall on either side making it difficult to plow and hard to shovel too. Here's my house on a snowier day last year.
[Bonesmart.org] One Good Leg.
 
All I got was about an inch or so Tuesday late afternoon and night and then a deep freeze. Resorts can't make snow until it gets to about 32 or less. Our temps have been varying by up to 35 degrees throughout the past weeks with most of the precipitation rain. I really miss the snow. I had thought I would be trying to go take ski lessons this year. I'll guess I'll wait until next year.:fingersx:
 
That is a pretty snow picture and a lovely house. All the snow was so nice and white. I miss the big yards. Here in Phoenix they seem to build so close to each other. The new communities may have 10ft between houses if you are lucky.
 
@PegGar16 The houses in my neighborhood were built in the 1940s. The houses aren't too close and only some butt against each other's yards. We all have plaster walls and hard word floors, but very small bedrooms and no master suites. But it's just the right size for me, the stairs are the only negative.
@newlybionic our resorts are making snow like crazy with temps as low as 0 for the last three days.
 
@Blueslady , thank you for your kind comments. I totally agree with you! Even though I had such problems with my knee I know God used it to teach and refine me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we had that snow! My house was built in 1929. Hard wood floors, lots of woodwork and in a great hood for biking! Lots of great restaurants and neighbors, too!
 
@KarriB that is a very lovely house - but the first thing I noticed are all those steps up to the front door!!! I hope someday I will at least see the beauty first, before I see the mobility hazards! I am also glad your dad is doing better and trying to stay safe.
 
@New England Librarian thank you, the steps are a pain. I rarely use the outside steps, but there are 13 to get to the main level and then I'm ok. When there was the possibility of a spacer going in my knee we didn't know where I'd recover. Everyone in the family had steps to either get into the house or get to a restroom. Pittsburgh is in the foothills of the Alleghany Mountains, so hills abound and stairs with them. But I imagine I'll eventually be looking at a patio home, just for convenience sake.
 
I wish! I love snowstorms! But right now the storm is tracking south and east of Pittsburgh. I live north and west. So odd how 30 miles can mean the difference between 8 inches and 2 inches. The weathermen blame the mountains. Thanks for thinking of me!
 
I wanted to let you all know my dad was released from home PT with no need for out patient PT. Dad's OS is pleased and said he's ahead of schedule. Of course he is aggravated that he still can't tie his left shoe. When I joked that we may need to get him a pair of loafers he didn't find it humorous at all! The OS did give him stretches he could do to work toward this goal.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers for my dad, as well as the sound advice. When he fell I knew just where to go, Bone Smart!
 
Glad to hear your Dad's recovery has gone so well, Karri!
 
So it looks like I'll be retiring before I get my other knee done. After talking to a few advisors and one fellow TKR BoneSmarttie I've decided 38 years of teaching is enough. I always said I thought I'd wake up one morning and know it was time. It almost happened that way. I still love teaching, but hate all the games expected by administration. I am relieved to have made the decision and now onto all the paperwork that's involved. Unfortunately I still have to break the news to parents who wanted me to do "one more year" for their child. It's just not in me at this point. How many people can say they worked at one place for 35 years?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very few can say that! My daughter is a kindergarten teacher and has no aide.
24 kids. One child with juvenile diabetes who has to be watched a lot for low blood sugar and a little girl with Downes Syndrome then 22 other kids who are barely 5 and are still babies. I admire all teachers. I especially admire those, like yourself, who have put that much time into other people's children. Congratulation!
 
Congratulations on your retirement!
Not many can say they worked at one place for 35 years, so many young people whose lives you have influenced now out in the world living productive lives.
Time for a little :bath:, your next TKR and then :walking::biking::capn::fasthorse:.
 
Wow, @Jackieray ! Your daughter has no aide with exceptional children! This is what's happening in education today and one of reasons I'm getting out. I actually feel badly for young teachers right now, but one hope is that everything seems to come around, so maybe teachers will get that support back eventually.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom