Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral PKR On the other side

Today I had a fab massage. Trying to get in the best shape possible before the revision. Physio recommended an amazing lady. Going back next week.
This is such a good idea. A good massage therapist is even better than a good physio! :wink:

I noticed a major change in my body once I started seeing one regularly. I'm convinced it helped with recovery.
 
Apologies for asking again about pillows. The one I was going for is no longer available. How does this one look please, thanks. Trying to manage cash flow with all the added expenses of second time surgery. Thanks all.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side
 
That one might be ok, but I don’t like that it says it keeps the knee straight. Keeping your knee straight all the time is unnecessary and painful. A gentle bend is fine, and it does look like that one might give you a gentle bend.

Edit:
I looked it up so I could zoom in and see it better and found it on a US Walmart site. I think it will be ok. I don’t know why it says it keeps the knee straight when it does show a gentle curve, in the 2 lower photos. This one does have your leg/foot continuing upward, where the crossed out one does not.

Oh, and I would suggest the double size. Since you have back issues, I think it would be wiser to have both legs elevated the same, rather than just one. Mine is a single and for a while I was only getting the one leg on it, but eventually I put both legs on it, which was more comfortable and I think better for my back, but even so, my legs were not an even height. Over time I have stressed the seam in mine so that it’s starting to open up, and my legs are now even. But it’s a strong foam and now, 9 years later, it’s still working very well for me. Mine has been worth every penny!

IMG_3760.webp
 
Hello and Happy Friday, LE!
Hopefully you'll get a few perspectives because it is really individual. One persons experience can be useful, but comfort levels differ, so it's good to consider a few opinions. Hopefully, some UK members will weigh in since they likely have access to the same products as you.
This is a more complex surgery than your PKR. There may be more swelling / inflammation and stiffness, so I hope you find an elevation pillow that suits your comfort level. It is certainly understandable you are carefully managing cash flow. My elevation pillow, a Lounge Doctor, the overpriced big hunk of foam :wink: is an item I thought I'd have no use for once I was fully recovered, but I still use mine to this day. Not as often, but I do find it comfortable to use in bed at night if I'm watching tv for a time before I doze off. So...make sure you find one you're comfortable with and wide enough to support both legs.
Does your consultant have any recommendations? Wishing you luck in your search!
@Legseleven
 
Thank you @Layla @EalingGran @Jockette . I’ll ask about the elevation aspect.
Meanwhile I’m fitting in some lovely part days out with various friends in between getting things done. Got a few house and garden fixes done yesterday with help from a friend, all two person jobs, and a neighbour has kindly offered to cut the grass after the op. It only takes ten minutes but really happy and grateful about that. Another neighbour will water the tub in the back yard. Mini freezer now full of meals. I pressed on with it all as I was hoping for May, but the 2 Bank holidays mean it’s not possible. So I’ll hopefully get more decluttering done. Will also aim to sort out some respite care next week. Thank goodness I put some irrigation pipes in the main garden last year as it’s another dry spring after a deluging winter. The concept of average rainfall comes to mind and it’s actually raining as I write this, luckily I cut the lawn yesterday. Keeping busy keeps the ‘what ifs’ at bay. I’m always positive, but this remains unknown territory and it is challenging.
You’re all helping lots, thank you.
 
Keeping busy keeps the ‘what ifs’ at bay. I’m always positive,
Staying busy certainly helps keep our mind from going to the bad place as often when we're feeling challenged in life. It sounds like you are blessed with some lovely friends and neighbors. Your positivity is inspiring and admirable. Always know that we're here for you. Please let us know when you're needing some support or encouragement for the day and we'll be there for you.
Happy Sunday, LE! I hope you have a good week. :friends:
 
You really are checking things off. But my goodness, I'm so impressed with 25 meals ready to go. That is quite the job. Something I always like to remind people to have on hand are crackers of some sort and a notebook. I kept my medications in one spot and would eat a cracker or two so they didn't upset my tummy. You don't want that. The notebook is to write down the time and dosage of the medication you've taken. Those late night times I'd forget by morning, so the notebook system worked very well for me.

We are here for you.
 
Thanks @Layla and @eaglemom much appreciated. I had a notebook last time for the meds. I started with notes on my phone but found writing in the book easier. I can use the same one and if need be I can reference back dosages etc, and I am looking for the right crackers in small packets. Last time I had biscuits and banana on hand to eat in the night to take meds with.
Rainy day today, and I managed a 15 m walk with crutch in between showers.
 
Your preparations and positive attitude is a joy to read! You are an inspiration to all of us! You are also always able to encourage others with their recoveries. What a blessing you are!
 
So time is getting on, and unfortunately my back is still playing up a lot. Physio released a muscle spasm yesterday with dry needling so I’m back to walking and lying down as much as I can. Off to babysit today as getting in as many family days as I can before my repeat hiatus while I recover again. He says I must hold on and get the knee done, and knows I’m not looking forward to it.
Vinted still going well, did the linen cupboard this week. Far too many sheets and towels. Freezer refilled, it was accidentally defrosted and I lost all the first meals as I sadly found it days later, and it was too late. That was expensive too!
I’ve been really enjoying Race Across the World, the best of television made by the BBC.
Keep on keeping on everyone, we can do this.
 
Hello and Happy Saturday!
I am sorry your back is bothering you. Thankfully the physio released a muscle spasm and it provided some relief.

Hopefully the next three weeks flies by so you can get back to healing in full. You've been so patient and staying busy can certainly help with the pre-op anxiety.

I am sorry to read about the loss of meals. That is so unfortunate! Thankfully it didn't happen when you were newly recovering and you had the time to replace what you've lost. :thumb:

Enjoy your time babysitting today, Legseleven. I hope it's fun!
@Legseleven
 
hope you had fun babysitting today, @Legseleven . that's quite the setback with the freezer, and you handled it with your usual aplomb: so inspiring. i know what you mean, too. all this good food is pricier and pricier.

I'm not sure what your back pain is like but i must say that's the hardest thing for me this time around, like it was the first time. my physio is using ultrasound and my doctor is giving me TPI. in combo with exercises and hydrotherapy there's marginal improvement. I've noticed i can engage my core when standing cooking and i couldn't do that before. I'll take it! i may ask my physio about dry needling as she does that too and it sounds like it's been helpful for you to some extent.

went to a movie theatre for the first time... in years! ... this week. saw a very silly but kind of tear jerker of a film called The Sheep Detectives. there were only two other people in the theatre with us so that was my speed!
 
Thanks @Layla and @FleuveStone for your kind words.
We currently have an early heatwave in the Uk. Great family time today, now a busy diary full of friendly meet ups, chores and appointments. Plus a last push of what can be let go off in this first wave of clearing out. Pretty happy with progress so far.
Cutting the little lawn tomorrow, and a cuppa with a friend.
Plus was recently given a good fan and it needs a very good clean before testing. Not sure if keeping it or not.
 
The price was right for that fan! I hope it'll work for you.

Careful with that grass cutting. You don't want to anger that knee!
 
Temps climbing in the Upper Midwest too. Going to be a hot week...not my favorite weather.
Hopefully the fan cleans up nicely and you find it to be a comfy asset in the heat.
You're going to need a rest after June 15th as you've been a very busy woman lately, LE!
Enjoy the scent of fresh cut grass tomorrow and the cuppa with your friend. :)
@Legseleven
 
fingers crossed the fan looks good and works well after you work your magic on it! happy cups of tea, chats, clearing out even more, and communing with your garden!

here on the west coast of Canada it's pretty cool and we may get a bit of rain. unfortunately it won't be enough to make a dent in the parched soil.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom