Bilateral PKR On the other side

Thanks @Layla @EalingGran @sistersinhim @eaglemom really appreciating everybody :flwrysmile:
Writing this from my bed again after a reasonable day. Bit of gardening done, with prior physio approval, no bending, plus some cooking and tidying. All in-dispersed with bed sessions, no chair time apart from meals. Hard to believe I’ve been doing this since the end of last year.
Tweaked my forthcoming planned outings to shorter journeys and quicker meals plus walking. Then home to rest. Celebrex is currently helping, Yay!
 
Writing this from my bed again. Went to art this morning and did most of the tasks standing up. Quick lunch at friends, eating while sitting, and more chatting while standing. Flat on bed again for a bit this afternoon, then up again for more general tidying and finally sorted the tea towel drawer. Good news is OS says to carry on with Celebrex until the day before surgery as necessary. Yay! Took one after supper. Back to twice day from tomorrow.
Cancelled cinema trip this week as sitting too long, and changed tomorrow’s outing to a short one.
Booked car MOT for post op as due in July.
TV time now.
Onwards….
 
We're finally here...
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side

It's your month! It's your second chance and you're taking your first step soon!
I hope the next couple weeks move quickly for you since you are well prepared and seem ready to move forward.
Wishing you comfort, peace of mind an uneventful surgery and perfect healing. Not too long now, LE. :thumb:
@Legseleven
 
A week of no sitting except for meals has made little or no difference to the back spasms. Physio is referring me to a consultant. My patience and resilience are sorely tested. I’ve rearranged the diary to help the back and changed so many things. Saturday will be my last meal out before withdrawing from groups for pre op infection prevention.
I’m still walking frequently, various small circuits mainly, as Physio says walk, obviously doing ADL's and chores plus some extras as the op date gets ever nearer. Always with periods of supine resting in between. This is not at all how I envisaged 2026! The Celebrex is helping but not as much as we hoped.
I’m sure it will all be ok, and for me that can’t come soon enough.
 
sending virtual hugs, @Legseleven . you're doing everything right so it's especially disappointing and frustrating when you still have the back issues. hope the new consultant can help some in time.
 
You have my sympathy, LE. All of this has to feel so discouraging some days. You've been such a trooper!
Sending a warm hug and best wishes for comfort and strength as you move through these last several days days before surgery. :console2:
@Legseleven
 
Oh, that darn back! I pray it heals quickly and never comes back!!
 
week of no sitting except for meals has made little or no difference to the back spasms. Physio is referring me to a consultant.
So sorry to hear this. Are the spasms sciatica down the buttock/ leg or muscle spasms in the back itself? I had mainly sciatica with more chronic lower grade pain in the lower back. Have you had an MRI of the back? I have spinal stenosis which constricts the nerve roots. Straightening my leg did help but my surgeon said a steroid injection would be beneficial in my case if physio and my PKR hadn't helped. Thankfully currently with regular pilates, my back is manageable except for long car journeys. Gabapentin also helped a bit in my case.
 
I'm so sorry you haven't noticed any improvement in your back, @Legseleven. Back pain is sooooo exhausting.

I'm another one who has struggled with lumbar problems. Mine started with an incident during which I herniated that disc between L4-L5. Like EalingGran, I was eventually able to manage it with exercise (for me, it was yoga).

However, my first hip replacement threw everything out of whack and, with each subsequent joint replacement, I had flare-ups. I think when our body is torquing because of a problem joint, it puts a lot of extra stress on the low back. You've been through a lot with your knees this past year, so perhaps that's the cause?

Please let us know the scan results.
 
Hi Legseleven,
How did the weekend go for you? Only one week to go, which probably feels too far off yet for you.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful week as you await next Monday.
@Legseleven
 
Thanks @Layla lovely weekend with all the family. Busy week ahead men coming and moving furniture, blood tests, scan etc. Plus sorting out what to take to hospital/respite home. 2 separate lots of packing as too far for others to fetch/carry from home.
Sorted out tea bags today. Have only 5 smooth move, hope that’s enough :rofsign:

Yes it’s all getting very real now. Thank you for thinking about me.
 
I'm so glad that you had a good weekend with your family. It sounds like you've got things well under control and scheduled. You know what your doing, you just didn't plan on having to be doing this in 2026. Those darned life curveballs. But you've handled it well. Far better than I think I would have.
 
Glad you had a good weekend. Spensing time with family is always a blessing. Good luck for next week. Seems like we may have another heat wave coming. Hope you can stay comfortable.
 
My to-do lists are shrinking, and the reality is ever nearer. Never ever when I started out on this journey could I have imagined this scenario.
Bringing the bed down today, and taking up the rugs again made it all very real. Plus the anti MRSA special shower gel and nose cream also started today; resulting in laundry overload and we keep having heavy showers! Where is summer?
The instructions say clean sheets, pj’s and clothes daily. :xmark: It’s best to take all possible precautions but it’s a lot to do, and I do everything by the book. :heehee:

I’ve just ordered some more non-slip slipper socks, and a couple of puzzle books to take with me.
My last listed Vinted order just sold so that’s to pack and send. I’ll start that up again in a few months. Once sent, everything from my initial declutter is now gone. That’s a great result, although there’s a lot more to go at. :heehee:
Final pre-op blood test tomorrow and physio on Friday. The back is finally improving, yay! :flwrysmile:
 
I'm so sorry you have to go through this all over again, LE. I'm sure it's getting more real as you go through the motions like the MRSA nose swabbing, the special shower gel, the daily clean sheets...all can feel like such a nuisance and overkill, but I'm like you, I did what they instructed me to do. I hope all goes well with your pre-op blood test tomorrow and I am very happy to hear your back is finally improving. Yay! :thumb:
@Legseleven
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom