Bilateral PKR On the other side

Good luck @Legseleven! You are an inspiration. Sorry about your back. I found my back pain and sciatica worse than my knee apart from the immediate post- op period. Does any medication help? Are there any exercises you can still do with your other joints?
Don't overdo the clearing out, in case it aggravates things. Especially in the current heat wave. It is really hot here in London and I bet the Isle of Wight is baking.
 
Thanks @sistersinhim @EalingGran @FleuveStone and @Layla All good.
I’m taking it very steady. Grass cut, friend met and shopping done. Lots of loo roll in stock. :heehee: Great day for laundry too. Another item sold and collected. My ‘in between’ rests are on my bed to appease the back, my house is cool. The grass is a weekly task and takes fifteen minutes max.
@EalingGran yes, nsaids do help, but I’ve been deliberately avoiding meds and resting my liver and stomach before the non opiod onslaught post op. I dislike taking PPI’s but know they’re compulsory post op. Just taking paracetamol as and when eg when babysitting :heehee:
Made Stanley Tucci’s bean and tuna salad today and it’s a keeper for sure. So delicious. I highly recommend it. Had it twice already with different sides, perfect for hot weather.
Seeing more friends this week, plus cinema, dentist and so on. Packing lots in the next two weeks before the post op curtailments. Plus not socialising in the last week due to infection prevention.
 
what a good idea to rest your liver! and a great way to put it. i remember the pre-op period as being very confusing with some things possibly increasing bleeding and others promoting clotting. stronger NSAIDs were right up there, i guess implicated in bleeding.

glad that lying on your back in your cool house is restful and therapeutic! I'm currently on my back icing my elevated knee , with the fan and a blanket on, plus a heating pad from the trochanter to the lower back. i know i should ice it but don't want to right now!
 
Thanks @sistersinhim for asking. I’m ok.
Lying on the tipped back dentist chair for over an hour yesterday upset the back a bit again, and the neck. Hopefully tomorrow will be better as I’m going out to lunch. Taking it easy and now I have a free day on Saturday, it’ll be for chores and tidying. Feeling the countdown speeding up a bit.
 
I just spent some time in the dentist chair, and they aren't comfortable, I totally agree. I finally asked if they couldn't adjust my neck and that made all the difference in the world. It was still the dentist, but at least it was somewhat comfortable.

Don't worry about the countdown. You've got this.
 
same here about the neck. a rolled up towel helps me a bit. last time i used my earbuds too and played music that i could hardly hear but at least it felt like i had some agency.

congrats on getting that out of the way!
 
upset the back a bit again, and the neck.
Ugh..this IS miserable as are those washing bins at the hair salon! I ask for a pillow at the dentist and resorted to leaving the salon with color in my hair and washing it out myself at home.
Enjoy your free day on Saturday, LE!
 
Oh, your poor neck and back from that terribly uncomfortable dentist chair. I pray you are feeling better today and can enjoy your upcoming Saturday.
 
Thanks @eaglemom @sistersinhim @Layla @alex_mom had a wonderful day today and lunch out with a friend, with normal summer temps (not heatwave) and thunderstorms, followed by an amazing massage. Your support means a huge amount, thank you.
Physio tomorrow and more sorting out. Last weeks back spasm has led to a bit of chaos… :heehee:
All will be well.
 
Writing this while lying on my bed. Physio suggests sitting as little as possible - just meals, and short journeys only. Otherwise when not walking or chores to lie on sofa/bed. Very fed up with my back as it usually sorts it self out quite quickly and i have been so sensible. It’s gone on 5 m. Gone back on celebrex tonight for the back, will have to check with the team on Monday when I have to stop again pre op, as it may be 14 days. I’m hoping even a few days of this medication will potentially settle the muscles down. Grrrr.
Onwards.
 
hope the celebrex and rest help. back pain can be so very tiresome! especially since you do so many interesting things normally. sending virtual hugs your way :hugzz:
 
I’ve had back issues for years, so I understand. I’m sure my messed up knee doesn’t help it. The knee you have that needs surgery probably isn’t helping yours, either, at this point. Hopefully all will improve for you after you’ve healed from this upcoming surgery.
 
Thank you @FleuveStone and @Jockette for your kind words.
Well, you’re right, it appears the messed up left knee caused the back problem in the first place in December. So I’m trying the best I can to get to a good enough recovery in order to have the op and then recover again.
Plus I had so many things planned before the op and all now being adapted if possible.
Onwards ….
 
Writing this while lying on my bed. Physio suggests sitting as little as possible - just meals, and short journeys only
So sorry your back is so bad.
Have you tried a sciatica cushion?
I found it helped when I had really bad sciatica and I still use two- one on my computer chair and one on my kitchen chair.
When things were really bad I used to carry a thinner/ lighter version out with me to cafés etc.
 
I'm so sorry that your back is giving you such grief. It shows us how if our gait is off then its like a domino affect and yours is resulting in back issues. Hopefully resting will give you some relief. Hang in there.
 
Sorry you're hurting and have to deal with this right before surgery. Hopefully with periods of rest you'll be able to accomplish all that you want to pre-op. Hugs :console2:
@Legseleven
 
I'm praying that your poor back heals quickly. I know it's frustrating, but you are a fighter, and you'll get through this rough time just fine!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom