Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral PKR On the other side

You already are experienced in this recovery and you will do fine! You know what works for you and what doesn't work. We have learned here on Bonesmart that the recovery for a PTR and a TKR are the same, so you know what to expect!
 
Thanks @sistersinhim very much. Good to know as I can’t have codeine or morphine. Lots of ice at the ready. I think my post op thread will be entitled ‘On the Other side AGAIN!’
Today I picked up a second hand mini table top freezer to fill with home made meals. Once I have the op date I’ll start cooking. It’ll be better than anything I can buy. I got sick of supermarket ready meals last time, but know for a while I can only manage to heat something in the microwave. I’ll get some steam fresh veggies too, that’s why I needed a little more freezer space. When I’m better I’ll sell it again, especially as I’m trying to declutter.
Onwards dear Bonesmarties….
 
Hi Legseleven :wave: That's a perfect title!
Once I have the op date I’ll start cooking. It’ll be better than anything I can buy. I got sick of supermarket ready meals last time,
Not sure if you noticed this thread in the Community Area, but it has some good information shared by a former staff member who loved to cook and grow her own produce. Check it out if you haven't already -
Pre-surgery meal ideas and prep

I hope you have a good day!
 
great idea about an extra freezer to pinch hit while you need it! this time around i cooked/froze (and ate ahead of time) as much as i could with iron in mind and didn't get anemic (possibly also because i was lucky not to lose as much blood). i also made a variety of fun things like muffins since i can't have grains or much sugar so store bought is out. starting to run out now just as I'm feeling i may be able to start to cook some again.
 
@Legseleven … I checked the Amazon.uk.com site and there is an inflatable version of the Lounge Doctor available there for around 65 pounds. If you cannot get the actual foam one, this should be a good option for leg elevation.
 
Thanks @Jamie the reviews mention the LD air loses air quickly… I don’t want that.
What about this one? Please see photo. Ideally I need one up and one downstairs as I can’t carry it and at £66 I can’t buy 2. The shape looks similar.
Annoyingly I had a suitable cover I couldn’t return, when the previous cushion was returned, as the cover had been opened, and it went to the charity shop as I never thought I’d need it again.
I may have to bite the bullet and get the one you suggest.
Thanks @Layla re the meal ideas, I made a good list of healthy high protein meals this morning and I’m used to batch cooking, it’s just I need more home made this time.
Hey ho…
Thanks all, it’s much appreciated
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] On the other side
    IMG_4704.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 9
That looks really close to the LD, so I think it'll work. I had two leg elevators, too, because I was unable to carry it from my bed to my recliner, so I had one at each spot.
 
It looks like a Lounge Doctor knockoff. It’s hard to tell from a photo if it would be the same, but it’s cheap enough that you could give it a try.
 
Best Wishes for Monday! I hope everyone you encounter is cheerful and reassuring, and actually like their job...
no grumpy vibes permitted. :wink: Let us know how it goes.
A peaceful weekend to you, LE!
@Legseleven
 
I know this wasn't part of the plan, certainly not what you were hoping for, but you've already proven what you're capable of and this is just the first step toward getting this right. You're not alone, we'll walk alongside you and be available whenever you're in need of support or encouragement. You can do this! :friends:
@Legseleven
 
Thanks @Layla, @sistersinhim and @FleuveStone
Today I had a fab massage. Trying to get in the best shape possible before the revision. Physio recommended an amazing lady. Going back next week. Trying to ease the back so can strengthen the whole body. So far it seems to have helped, see what tomorrow brings. Lying flat now.
Made 25 meals so far, making a different type every day.
Also had a lovely outing with a friend, and I’m getting in as many days out as I can. Weather great too, sunny and very blue skies.
 
Made 25 meals so far, making a different type every day.
Also had a lovely outing with a friend, and I’m getting in as many days out as I can. Weather great too, sunny and very blue skies.
Wow....twenty-five meals, that is amazing! It's great to read you had a fabulous massage.
I love how you're staying busy, making the most of your time, taking good care of yourself physically and also emotionally as you enjoy time away from home with friends and remain positive and upbeat. It's all admirable. Sunshine and blue skies....the best!
Have a good night, LL.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom