Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral PKR On the other side

have never heard of this anti MRSA stuff but did have to do showers with special antibacterial soap and lots of laundry too! it's a good thing you're so organized with all the balls you're juggling at once including the added layers of hospital and respite home packing. plus making sure you're ready at home for when you return.

i hadn't heard of vinted so just looked it up and the Canadian site closed a couple years ago. am at the point where I'd like to have a go at selling some stuff that seems a bit too valuable to give away but I don't know if i have it in me to follow through.

thinking about you, @Legseleven and looking forward to hearing more from you!
 
That nose antibiotic gel is the worst. (I've had to do it with each joint replacement surgery.) The antibacterial shower wash is also so drying to the skin. (((hugs))) My OS instructions are to put on clean washed sheets and wear clean washed sleepwear only the night before surgery. One friend of mine was told to wash her sheets again before her first night back from hospital. That made no sense to me, but she did it.
 
Where is summer?
We've must have stolen it from you. The next 4 days are forecast to be in the high 90's and 100+ tomorrow. You are welcome to it!

All these clean sheets and clothes does seem like overkill, but it's so much better to be safe than sorry!
 
What a day it’s been. I’m back home in my clean sheets….
Yup, they say clean everything every day so I’m doing 3 x laundry loads a day instead of 3 per week, and the rain keeps coming. I’m simply enjoying the clean bed every night. I’m allowed to use Cetraben cream after my shower until the operation day otherwise I’d have paper skin.
Last back physio tomorrow, just as well as today has been somewhat epic, as has the rain. I got soaked twice, the second time was like a bucket of water!
 
Wow, you're having downpours and we are in a drought. It all depends on where you live, I guess. We'd gladly take some of that rain from you.

I've never heard of Cetraben cream. I'll have to google it.
 
Hi Legseleven,
There is nothing like crawling into a bed with clean sheets as you get ready to drift off for the day. :sleep:
Nicer if you didn't have to keep washing and changing them yourself though. I hope the rain lets up for your trip to and from physio. Wishing you a good session and relaxing rest of the day.
@Legseleven
 
Yay I got some laundry out today… it sure helps. Still more in the house though.
Last physio on the back this morning with more shockwave therapy.
Had to do a round trip collect the pre op drinks, the hospital hadn't handed any out. Last time I wasn’t offered them. Have written the times on the top for when to take. I could be awash on Sunday night… :heehee: Still of it helps, I’m all for it.
I am partly packed and have two lists on the kitchen table now -
1) things to be sure to take like chargers and the grabber,
2) the to do list.
Hoping to sleep much better tonight as woke up freezing cold and had a cup of tea and a hot water bottle at 2am. Not fun.
Onwards.
 
You're so organized, LE. It amazes me! I was so anxious before my surgery and while I did prep, somewhat...if straitening out your underwear drawer in case your mom had to grab something out of there while visiting counts as organizing, lol. I did follow directions with the Hibiclens, clean sheets and MRSA swabbing and had all of my recovery assistive devices ready to go, but was not nearly as organized as you.
I could be awash on Sunday night
I can relate. I wasn't thinking clearly when I left 23 hrs post op to the point of leaving the shirt, pants and brand new bra I wore to the hospital there when I left. Hubs was foggy also I guess. Back home, I searched high and low for that pretty new under garment and finally gave up after a couple of weeks. Very close to my one year post op anniversary, my surgery site called to let me know I left a bag of clothes there upon discharge! I never thought to call there, never missed the pants or top, only the new underwear. I can't believe they waited almost one year to notify me. It was bittersweet walking in there to get my clothes. The feelings I had when I walked in for my surgery came rushing back. It was a huge moment of thanksgiving and gratitude for certain. A feeling I believe you'll be able to relate to in due time.

Only days to go now. I'm excited for you to begin recovery and for it to be a great success. We'll be your loudest cheerleaders.
 
You're so organized
Thanks @Layla I have to be. If I forget anything I’ll have to do without. There’s no back up to scoot in with the x,y and z. :fasthorse:
The lists do help, and crossing things out is very satisfying.:flwrysmile:

Undoubtedly I will forget something and perhaps it’ll make a good story.
Off to hang the next lot of sheets up then shower time, again…..
I’m also really appreciating all the care and support, Thankyou.
 
Yup, they say clean everything every day so I’m doing 3 x laundry loads a day instead of 3 per week, and the rain keeps coming. I’m simply enjoying the clean bed every night. I’m allowed to use Cetraben cream after my shower until the operation day otherwise I’d have paper skin.
Gosh! That's all news to me. It does seem a bit overkill but I guess you have to follow your surgical team's protocol.
The weather has been very wet but they say we are having another heatwave next week.
You are doing brilliantly. Good luck!
 
My goodness you have been so busy and I definitely don’t envy you all that washing every day!
I hadn’t heard of the MRSA nose swab either but at least they are being thorough, I just had the hibiclense routine and clean bedding and clothes the night before.
Best wishes for your upcoming surgery ❤️
 
Another day done, grass cut, kitchen tidied. Another 3 loads of laundry, and the obligatory octenisan shower and hairwash. Watched Trooping of the Colour this morning and the racing this afternoon on TV while doing the chores to help it along, and I find this and the busyness stops me thinking about it all. I’ll be glad of a rest come Monday. Oh wait - I’m definitely getting time off!
Just a bit more sorting and tidying in a couple of rooms to do and charge everything up including the power pack tomorrow.
 
I’ll be glad of a rest come Monday.
I'll bet! You've been so busy, I'm wondering how your going to handle being rather idle initially?
Hopefully you're tired and sleep well especially since that's when our body does its best healing.

I'll have to look up Trooping of the Colour online for highlights. I like to see what Kate wears and what shenanigans the youngest son, Louis, may pull. He cracks me up. The child has a mind of his own and his sister, Charlotte, seems to try to keep him in line. :heehee: I find it amusing.
 
Having a brief rest with a cuppa and a programme about the Tower of London. It’s called inside the Tower, it’s brilliant.
Shrubs cut, path weeded, plants moved, and one more load of laundry today.
Packing and tech charging next… then making up the clean bed again….
At least I’m much too occupied with working through all the tasks to dwell on the morrow.
Thinking of everyone on here. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom