Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side and now in the right forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're feeling better, Maeve. And ... no pressure at all to have your mojo back for my / our benefit! Only if it helps YOU. You've had a lot to deal with. As many people here have had. Me, I've just had a plain vanilla THR, yet every bump in the road or unknown rattles me. You're all a big inspiration to me. Thank you!
 
:flwrysmile:....glad your feeling better. It truly is encouraging to read about others feeling better, I take the good updates even if there's only a slight improvement as affirmations that most do start feeling better physically and emotionally, that it takes time.
 
Maeve, I'm like Peaches. I have had an easy time - far easier than I deserve. I guess that's why I admire those like you who have fought through the pain and discomfort and are now deservedly getting their mojo back!
 
Hi all!
Good day today. I am officially on a cane! Goodbye crutches.
Managed quite well. Did a big Supermarket shop. My husband has been fantasic but seems only able to have a 'boy look' in the supermarket and reports that 'they didn't have any of those' ...for half thebitems on my list!
So today I went too and miraculously all those missing items were suddenly on the shelves. $300 late and we are stocked up again. Hate to see the weekly bills for my daughter's shop with 3 kids! There's only teo of us.
Unpacked the goodies and stocked the cupboards, fridge and freezer and then it was time for my two hour Physio visit. A very challenging hour in the gym with lots of exercises and walking against resistance plus balances, stretches and a quick massage. Then an hour in the pool again with weights, moonwalking, stepping and the very helpful stretches.
Pretty tired tonight but not fatigued which is great.
Even have the energy to cook some freash Barramundi fillets with home made chunky chips. A glass of Chardonnay too of course.
Managed on half an endone today. Still need x5mg Oxycontin at night otherwise a gnawing ache causes me grief in the middle of the night! Have tried to go without twice but no go. Will try again in a week!
Had a pleasant stream of visitors through the week so lots of coffees and chats. Even cooked lunch twice!
A quiet weekend planned with the family due for dinner on Sun to celebrste Mothers Day and a remedial massage too.
Hope the positive momentum continues next week. My last two days of Physio and my 6 week checkup.
Then I plan. Return to my gym with 5 exercise sessions booked with the exercise physiologist. Will spread these ober three weeks and also make use of the hydro pool there. If I time my visits well I can catch up for coffee with mmy gym friends after they finish their various classes. Hope to be able to get back to those classes myself very soon.
Meanwhile wishing all my hippie friends a great weekend. :martini:
 
Fantastic Maeve, you are progressing, having some fun, socializing, shopping, exercise.. all good :)

Don't worry about staying on the pain meds, you need them right now.

When is your planned O/S trip?
 
Thanks Poppet. Love your reassuring responses. You are just SO supportive of everyone on this forum and I for one, really appreciate it!
We leave on 20 August, fly to London via Dubai. Then on to Barcelona, Madrid, a quick side trip to Yorkshire, then Venice, Rome and. 28 day cruise from Rome to Singapore via Suez Canal, Egypt, India .
Now I'm feeling half human again I will get on to booking accomodation. Most flights, trains etc done. Hard to get enthusiastic until the hip issue was dealt with!
Hope you have a lovely weekend. The time until your retirement will fly by!
Again, many thanks for being there! :thankyou:
 
Maeve, just reading your schedule is enough to tire me out :) I hate food shopping, dodging other people with shopping trolleys and trying to find what you want. I get mine online much less stress. All I have to do is put it all away when its delivered.
It sounds like you are doing really well. The trip you have planned sounds amazing. I am so jealous
Barbara
 
By the way, the user name Elosarabrad has me intrigued???
 
Wow Maeve, can I come, I would offer to carry your luggage, but don't think I can, lol.

You have another two and half months before you fly out to continue your recovery. Really important to keep your immune system strong as we head toward winter, we want you in peak condition for 20 Aug :)

That is a fantastic trip. Of course we will want photos on your return.
 
I am officially on a cane! Goodbye crutches.

Awesome, you are moving along at a wonderful pace with your milestones after surgery!! :thumb:

Take care and have a nice weekend,
Cardie
 
Ta Cardie. Feels like I'm getting there!
 
Congrats on ditching the crutches, Maeve! Your week sounds fantastic. I laughed out loud at the supermarket, the hub not finding anything that miraculously you found quite easily. I had a jar of prunes that disappeared in my fridge; went into a black hole. No one could find it for a week, till I spotted it.

When you go back to your regular gym, will you be able to hire a PT who specializes in hip replacement patients? That sounds ideal.

I'm in awe over all of your activity. And your upcoming trip in August sounds fantastic. Here's to another great week!
 
All the improvements and milestones are huge and helping to give us the confidence to move onto the next one. We recover at different rates, find things easy or difficult to do at different times, because we are all different, enjoy your new milestone in recovery. x
 
Today's update is from near the bottom of the roller coaster. Very stiff muscles today. I'd describe it as a soreness that limits my free movement when walking rather than pain. Guess it's just part of the healing.
Must stop thinking each night that tomorrow when I wake up I will be much better. Doesn't work that way.
Frustrating as we all know. Had hoped to be off the cane as I had felt improvement each day but not today! Think the muscles that have been lengthened seem to "pull back" on me. Perhaps tomorrow will be an up day??
 
Maeve, I'm sorry to hear this. I so agree that the hardest thing seems to be accepting that it is not one straight line upward to recovery. Also, when I wake up feeling really ready to give it my best, I do more in the hopes that I am actually "working hard" to improve my recovery. Then the next day I'll find I did too much. It's so hard predicting how much is too much. But overall, as I hope you know, YOUR recovery seems to be on very solid ground and your days of improvement are far greater than the setbacks. I realize that is cold comfort. I wish you all the best for a better day. Hang in there!
 
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side and now in the right forum
Maeve, when you consider how long it took you to need hip replacement, why would you feel that recovery should take only a few weeks? The secret to joint replacement recovery is TIME & PATIENCE. We so often lack the PATIENCE to allow the TIME the body needs to recover. It's only been about a month and a half. Things will look much brighter and feel much better in another month and a half. Cut yourself some slack----and dig deep for the PATIENCE to give yourself the TIME you need.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side and now in the right forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom