THR On the other side and now in the right forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Maeve,

Like you I have been away from here for quite some time. No great travelling adventures for me - just the mundane routine stuff. I do drop in here once in a while, but since I don't really have much to contribute, I keep my mouth shut and quietly slink away. Anyway, as for getting down on the floor, I find that after a pint or two (or four or five) the floor makes an effort to meet me half way. No that I'm recommending this. Just FYI.
 
Hi Maeve What a fantastic trip you've had and the fact that you could enjoy it all without the worry of your hip is just priceless!! The whole getting up and down is difficult isn't it, even at 7 and 4 months, I do still tend to hold onto something for balance and leaverage!! Yes Jaycey
 
Great update Maeve, welcome back Aussie girl! So pleased you had a pain free holiday.
 
How's it all going for you Poppet
Hope the retirement plans are on track and that you are feeling fit and happy.
 
Wow, how inspiring. I've been back to yoga for a few months. All will come! I can now get up and down from the floor with just one hand barely touching. You'll be able to, too! And I can sit in lotus! So happy you're doing so well. XO
 
Barbara I was so inspired by your yoga photo. I was pretty flexible pre surgery. Post surgery not so much. It is difficult to imagine being able to sit cross legged ever again. Up and down my leg flexibility is pretty good, but to the side/turned out I got nothin. ;)
 
Yes today was my new hip's 4 week birthday. ;) I thought I was going to sail through recovery. I had the anterior approach also. I did not quite sail...LOL. It was much harder than I expected...took a lot out of me. But I am keeping my eye on the prize!
 
How's it all going for you Poppet
Hope the retirement plans are on track and that you are feeling fit and happy.

Apologies, Maeve I don't seem to be getting my alerts!

Thank you for asking after me :) Mostly I am ok, but with extensive lower back issues, I am not able to do as much walking as I would like. I am preserving energy for work which is all consuming at the moment trying to survive to get to that magical date for retirement. My other hip is niggling, not enough to race off to the OR just yet, but will get it checked in the new year. :)
 
Red letter day today. Found the confidence that I could get up and down off the floor and manage an Abs class on a Fitball. And I did...all the required contortions on the ball from planks and crunches and sit- ups. So chuffed that I doubled up for an hour's Pilates class. My muuscles know they've worked tonight but I feel a real sense of achievement! Bloody marvellous I say. :yay:
 
My one year Anniversary was on April 5th....and I forgot all about it! Too busy getting on with my life! Mine new hip is a great result ...nothing that I can think of that I can't do. The best bit is to be able to walk anywhere, any distance so outings are a joy! And of course all the gym classes that I love. And finally....lovely shoes and boots! Cheers to us all I say!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom